• 6(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
New release!
- Got the screensaver to transifex
- Fixed the zoom bug (when part of the information gets off the screen)
- Added custom date format
- Added Skin Helper background option
- Added colon blink option
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2016-12-23, 17:31)fijasko Wrote: Okay, thanks so much for your work

Try the new version and let me know if the bug is still present.
(2017-01-01, 16:12)vdb86 Wrote: Try the new version and let me know if the bug is still present.

Works great now, thanks for fixing it.
Would it be possible to get Transparency slidebar instead of fixed values 10%, 20%,.. 90% ?
I'm asking for that because having Plasma TV I would need more than 90% of transparency.
Also in Colors it would be perfect if additionally Gray color will be available.
Apart of those two requests for small cosmetics your screensaver is just the best: a lot of customizations and perfectly fitting Plasma TVs owners. Would like to say THANKS a lot.
(2017-01-10, 22:38)rafikW Wrote: Would it be possible to get Transparency slidebar instead of fixed values 10%, 20%,.. 90% ?
I'm asking for that because having Plasma TV I would need more than 90% of transparency.
Also in Colors it would be perfect if additionally Gray color will be available.
Apart of those two requests for small cosmetics your screensaver is just the best: a lot of customizations and perfectly fitting Plasma TVs owners. Would like to say THANKS a lot.

I can set both of those things up, currently I'm looking into having a special script where you can choose your own color instead of having to choose one of the predefined ones...
The next update will bring more features!
I was doing some troubleshooting on my C2 running Kodi and just discovered the following lines:

19:26:05.097 T:3331716000 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(76, /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py): failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter
19:26:05.097 T:3331716000 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(76, /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE
19:27:05.285 T:3501192096 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

Seems it is your add-on :-)
(2017-01-17, 21:00)rafikW Wrote: I was doing some troubleshooting on my C2 running Kodi and just discovered the following lines:

19:26:05.097 T:3331716000 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(76, /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py): failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter
19:26:05.097 T:3331716000 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(76, /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE
19:27:05.285 T:3501192096 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

Seems it is your add-on :-)

Hi!
This has already been fixed but I haven't sent an update to the repo.
I'm waiting on Marcel to get his amazing colorpicker script into the official repo before I update the screensaver since the new version relies heavily on his script.
The next version will be the best one so far, with several new features and a lot better color interface.

In any case thanks for letting me know, as usual I can't fix issues unless I'm aware of them Smile
Good to know that you are controlling all around your add-on. Just perfect.... Waiting for the new version. I'm sure it will be amazing... Good luck.
Hi again, vdb86,

Please take a look at the photo.

After a screen saver has been on for a while, those white lines will become visible.

Is this a known bug?
Thanks.

(2017-01-21, 16:14)fijasko Wrote: Hi again, vdb86,
Please take a look at the photo.
After a screen saver has been on for a while, those white lines will become visible.
Is this a known bug?
Thanks.

Hi fijasko!
Yes I've seen this before, it doesn't matter if screensaver has been on for a while or not, sometimes changing the Kodi system language several times or just starting the screensaver several times can produce this.
It has nothing to do with the screensaver, restarting Kodi fixes the issue.
I've tried to figure out what part of Kodi goes crazy but was unsuccessful.

To summarize, nothing to do with the screensaver, something to do with Kodi.
I rarely see this, most of the time just during my tests while I'm checking the screensaver for bugs after implementing new features and have to change languages and all sorts of other stuff.
(2017-01-21, 18:15)vdb86 Wrote: To summarize, nothing to do with the screensaver, something to do with Kodi.

Ha, okay. Hopefully it'll be sorted with the new Kodi build.
Thanks for the explanation and keep up the good work!
New release!
- Added log out option
- Added support for script.skin.helper.colorpicker (Thanks Marcel!)
- Rewritten color and transparency options, now users can pick their color instead of choosing one of the few predefined ones
- Added additional information:
- CPU usage
- Battery level
- Free memory
- Movie library info (Total, Watched, Unwatched)
- TV Show library info (Total, Watched, Unwatched)
- Music library info (Artists, Albums, Songs)
Is it removed from Kodi Add-on repository?
I don't see it there anymore and therefore when trying to update its showing me only Version 3.9.0 available in local package cache.
(2017-01-28, 12:47)rafikW Wrote: Is it removed from Kodi Add-on repository?
I don't see it there anymore and therefore when trying to update its showing me only Version 3.9.0 available in local package cache.

This was updated and merged last night, so the server probably needs some time to take into account everything.
I can conform that it is missing for some reason.
I'll be following the situation, if it doesn't show up in a day or so I'll get in touch with the Kodi team and check what's going on.
(2017-01-28, 13:38)vdb86 Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 12:47)rafikW Wrote: Is it removed from Kodi Add-on repository?

This was updated and merged last night, so the server probably needs some time to take into account everything.
I can conform that it is missing for some reason.
I'll be following the situation, if it doesn't show up in a day or so I'll get in touch with the Kodi team and check what's going on.

You added <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.9.0"/> which will only make it available for v15 as it's not compatible to anything else.
Since you are using skin code you must be sure to what Kodi version it is compatible. So if you use newer gui API features you must move towards a newer repo branch.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5