• 12(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
(2020-06-29, 21:45)nistsio Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:18)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:00)nistsio Wrote: Well honestly guys I don't know what else to tell you.

The settings are pretty basic. Only additional info is weather from yahoo add-on. The position of the screensaver info is changing every 60 seconds in static mode (eg not bouncing).

Kodi restarts WHENEVER I hit any button while showing the screensaver.
It actually happens even when previewing the screensaver from Shell settings!

The good thing is that the restart only takes like 15 seconds but still...

Would any targeted log help?

Does this happen with any other screensaver?
I tried "Dim" and "Black" and it comes back normally.

I'd suggest trying another screensaver which is not a default one.
I'd also suggest trying to start from scratch and seeing if DCS will cause the same problems. There was a simple procedure where you would rename the Kodi folder (If I remember correctly) which would make your Kodi start from scratch. When you're done testing you delete the current Kodi folder and rename back the original one.
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2020-06-29, 21:51)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:45)nistsio Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:18)vdb86 Wrote: Does this happen with any other screensaver?
I tried "Dim" and "Black" and it comes back normally.

I'd also suggest trying to start from scratch and seeing if DCS will cause the same problems. There was a simple procedure where you would rename the Kodi folder (If I remember correctly) which would make your Kodi start from scratch. When you're done testing you delete the current Kodi folder and rename back the original one.
Good thinking.
I tried with a different not-default screensaver and Kodi restarts as well!!!

So it is not related to DCS. Thanks for that.
(2020-06-29, 22:14)nistsio Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:51)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:45)nistsio Wrote: I tried "Dim" and "Black" and it comes back normally.

Good thinking.

I'm glad that you've gotten to this point, just keep in mind that something is broken with your Kodi.
Try starting from scratch (like I wrote already) and try to figure out what exactly causes your issues. Install addons one by one and you'll find out what's the problem relatively quickly.
I have 0 issues with the screensaver but do have 2 sm requests.

1) When using the 12hr format. If not removing it completely, since I suspect some people prefer it. Is it possible to have an option added, that can hide the proceeding 0 for the am/PM hrs of 1 through 9 ?

Ex. 01, 02, 03 etc. = 1, 2, 3 etc.

2) Is it possible to allow two lines of optional data to be shown at once vs showing only one at a time and then flipping to another ?

I have no use for a majority of what's there. I could certainly tick more than two bubbles but for my personal needs.

I only use CPU temp & free memory.

Ty.

Edit: If it came down to me having to pick one of those, it would definitely be the second. The first one I could live without but the second one I would love to have.
(2020-08-26, 06:30)MoreBloodWine Wrote: I have 0 issues with the screensaver but do have 2 sm requests.

1) When using the 12hr format. If not removing it completely, since I suspect some people prefer it. Is it possible to have an option added, that can hide the proceeding 0 for the am/PM hrs of 1 through 9 ?

2) Is it possible to allow two lines of optional data to be shown at once vs showing only one at a time and then flipping to another ?

I have no use for a majority of what's there. I could certainly tick more than two bubbles but for my personal needs.

Ty.

Edit: If it came down to me having to pick one of those, it would definitely be the second. The first one I could live without but the second one I would love to have.

Hi!
The answer to both of your questions is yes, it is possible to take care of those two things but they are not small changes.
I believe Kodi controls the format of numbers (i.e. number of hours), so in order to remove the leading zero I'd have to write a specific part of the program just to do that.
Adding a new line for data is definitely possible, but changes quite a few things in the background.

For someone who's a full time developer these changes might be trivial and they could potentially get them done relatively quickly.
Unfortunately I do not program at all, I learnt just enough of Python to be able to create a screensaver that Kodi (in my opinion) desperately needed.
On top of that I'm extremely busy as well.
I do not plan on making any changes for the time being.

If you're capable of handling Python and this screensaver's code please implement the changes, test everything out and send me a pull request.
(2020-08-31, 15:09)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 06:30)MoreBloodWine Wrote: I have 0 issues with the screensaver but do have 2 sm requests.

Ty.

Hi!
The answer to both of your questions is yes, it is possible to take care of those two things but they are not small changes.
I believe Kodi controls the format of numbers (i.e. number of hours), so in order to remove the leading zero I'd have to write a specific part of the program just to do that.
Adding a new line for data is definitely possible, but changes quite a few things in the background.

For someone who's a full time developer these changes might be trivial and they could potentially get them done relatively quickly.
Unfortunately I do not program at all, I learnt just enough of Python to be able to create a screensaver that Kodi (in my opinion) desperately needed.
On top of that I'm extremely busy as well.
I do not plan on making any changes for the time being.

If you're capable of handling Python and this screensaver's code please implement the changes, test everything out and send me a pull request.
Thank you for the reply, not sure how I originally missed it.

But I can't code to save my life other than a couple lines of PHP that I've been forced to look up for a few things.

But maybe someone else can get them done at some point, I mean it's not like I would love to see them right now, even though I would. I guess what I should be saying is I don't necessarily care if they get done right now or later as long as they have the potential to get done if one were to say.

But like I said, I could live without the first one, but I would absolutely love at some point to be able to display two simultaneous optional lines of data as previously mentioned.

Have a nice weekend :-)
Setting aside the removal of the 0 on the 12hr format for 1 to 9.

Anyone willing to tackle the 2nd line of text to show instead of doing the "rollover" every time it "blinks" ?

Depending on the opinion of the work required to do at least that. I could potentially pay a sm amount of money via Cash app.

No worries if not. Just tossing it out there...

Happy Holidays y'all !
(2020-06-29, 22:30)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 22:14)nistsio Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 21:51)vdb86 Wrote: I'd suggest trying another screensaver which is not a default one.
Good thinking.

I'm glad that you've gotten to this point, just keep in mind that something is broken with your Kodi.
Try starting from scratch (like I wrote already) and try to figure out what exactly causes your issues. Install addons one by one and you'll find out what's the problem relatively quickly.
Hello guys!

I am returning to my problem with Kodi restarting when coming back from DCS with an update!
This weekend I finally found the time to format my SD card and do a clean Raspbian (lite) install.

As i turns out, the problem happens ONLY when I switch to Greek language in regional settings!
When I am on English I have no issue whatsoever!
Remember this is a clean Raspbian install and I have the same behaviour both in Quartz skin and in the default Estuary!

Maybe this helps a little in troubleshooting...

Regards.
I finally have some time to work on this screensaver.
I've managed to figure out why there was a problem with zero padding before.
The only thing that I can do is to have it look like this:
Let me know if that's acceptable.
watch gallery
@popcornmix 
I've updated my screensaver for the upcoming Kodi release, applied some fixes, sorted out Python 3 issues and added some new features.
Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the text on the screen stuttering when bouncing movement is selected.

Basically in order for the bouncing effect to look nice and smooth the while cycle needs to run every 20ms.
This is achieved with self.monitor.waitForAbort(self.waittimer)
self.waittimer is 0.02

If it's made to be 100ms there will be far less stuttering (or none at all) but the animation doesn't look nice.
I've tried using xbmc.sleep with same values and the result is the same, so no difference in comparison to monitor.waitforabort.

I'm not a developer, it's somewhat of a miracle I managed to get this far Smile

I'm aware you're extremely busy...
Any idea how I can make the bouncing animation look nice and smooth without having to call Kodi too many times?
This is the github for my screensaver which is updated with the newest stuff:
https://github.com/vdb86/screensaver.dig...ree/master

If you get a chance and figure out how this could be fixed it would mean a world to me.
Thank you
Vojislav
(2020-04-18, 04:59)iLurk Wrote: Hi vdb.

Would it be possible to have it shown as "Artist - Song" when Now Playing is selected? At the moment it only shows the artist, then at interval change (I've set mine to 30 seconds) it shows the song name.

Thanks again for your work

This has been implemented.
You'll find this option under Enable now playing information, it's called Combine song artist and title (Song artist - song title)
(2020-02-11, 14:32)aghdal Wrote: Hi, thank you for this really great Screensaver. I use this in my setup whith Rasperry Pi3, LibreElec (Kodi 18.5) and the official 7" Tochscreen.
I really like to have a Dim Functionality like the Dim Screensaver. Would it possible to put this in the Digital Clock Screensaver?
Thank you very much!

Dim functionality has been implemented, you can find in in backgrounds, select Dim and then brightness.
(2019-10-23, 09:47)Tcip Wrote: It would be helpful to know what syntax to use in "custom date format" under Settings / Format.

I tried to get a textual representation of a day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc) and the month (January, February, March etc). But I couldn't make it work. I guess there is no support for that? I tried some syntax from PHP Date and Date Formats

There was a problem with settings not showing the custom format instructions.
That has been sorted out and you can find these on the front page as well along with the Readme.md
(2018-07-04, 02:17)bro_bspo Wrote: I really like this screensaver. Thanks for creating it. It's my favorite so far. Looking around, the only thing it didn't have that I was hoping for was build in RSS feed reader. Is it possible to be able to tap into the RSS feeds in settings and scroll them across the bottom while the screen saver is active?

Thanks!

RSS has been implemented, it will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
It's the same thing Kodi uses, so make sure you've properly configured RSS in Kodi and obviously enabled it as well.
(2017-04-17, 16:56)BeefJerky Wrote: I understand. How about an option to show the artist and title on two separate lines, one below the other? That would still do what I want, and shouldn't have an issue with text being cut off. This is really the only thing missing for me in this awesome screensaver. Thanks!

This has been added as an option, it's under - Enable now playing information and then - Show only music information (If this is enabled and a song is playing, only song info will be shown)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5