Kodi-Slideshow or Screensaver excluding SYNOPHOTO
Hi All
I have a Synology NAS, Raspberry Pi, OPENELEC 5..0.8 and Kodi 14.2 and am trying to set up a screensaver and/or a slideshow. The problem is that in addition to all the jpg files that I want to use Synology PhotoStation automatically makes 5-6 thumbnails for each .jpg file and assigns them the name SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_PREVIEW or SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_XL, or SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_S etc etc.

I have tried using advanced settings;
Made a file called advancedsettings.xml in .kodi-userdata-advancedsettings.xml with the following code and all sorts of variations but it doesn't seem to work

<advancedsettings>
<pictureexcludes>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_PREVIEW[-._ \\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_B[-._ \\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_XL[-._ \\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]SYNOPHOTO_THUMB_S[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>
</advancedsettings>

I re-boot after every change, I have selected indexing on and off and still it doesn't work. I have tried using Picture Slideshow Screensaver and Multi Slideshow Screensaver but still no luck - I still get a combination of standard jpg (good) and SYNOPHOTO (bad!)

I don't really want to stop the Synology generating these THUMBS as they are useful in other applications.

Can anyone provide any guidance or even an alternative way of achieving my aim which is to produce a slideshow and or screensaver without the annoying SYNOPHOTOS
Anyone get this nailed as I too have the same problem?
Hi zivodevo

I tried all sorts of ways and even looked at how to remove the files from the DiskStation but that looked far too complicated. Eventually found a number of threads that talked about an add-on called My Pictures Database and using the filters in that add on. The instructions on the thread weren't too clear but eventually I worked out:

First Install the Add on My Pictures Database - In order to get this add on I had to first install the SuperRepo Repository and the download My Picture DataBase from that Repository

Once My Picture Database is installed open the Add-On:
Select Add-On Settings
Files, Excluded Files and then exclude the SYNOPHOTO Files by adding appropriate filter text. I used
folder.jpg (vertical line which I can't find on the keyboard) SYNOPHOTO

save that Excluded Files setting and that bit is done!

obviously you need to set up paths for OSMC to find the pictures on your DSM and set up other settings in My Pictures DB.

The one thing that My Pictures DB won't do is to run a screensaver slideshow. If you want that facility I found that I had to use the one within OSMC/Kodi which does not include the My Pictures DB EXCLUDED FILES filter and you still end up with the lo-res Synophoto files. In the end I have set my screensaver to default/dim.

Other thing to remember is that if you are uploading pictures from your PC to DSM you really do need to use the Synology Photostation Uploader (available through the DSM site) otherwise your DS will literally take weeks making the lo res SYNOPHOTO pictures.

Hope that Helps

jhdeano
@jhdeano,

Thanks! Just spent the last 3hrs reaching the same result. MyPicsDB has some issues though namely;

Does not remember your preferred view (e.g. Thumbnail)
Recursive slideshow takes forever to load, even on a directory with <500 images
Still displays the @eaDIR directories in folder view as it does not read the advancedsettings.xml

So while it resolves my problem, the caveats outweigh its benefits.
Hi Again
Re loading recursive files - I also noticed that this could take a long time, I then played with the resolution of the files that I uploaded to my DSM for subsequent display on my 44 inch TV via Raspberry Pi and found that I could improve the speed with which images were displayed, without compromising on the quality, by uploading a lower res copy to the DSM.

What I now do is to keep my original hi-res copy on my PC
Upload a lower res copy of my good pictures that I want to see on a sl;ideshow, normally about 2200 x 1400 (about 2MB) to my DS using Photostation Uploader

Seems to work fine

jhdeano

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi-Slideshow or Screensaver excluding SYNOPHOTO0