• 80(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
(2017-06-13, 14:09)Burke Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

Thank You for this beautiful skin. It has been my favorite for some time now.

Nothing much to say really been working like a charm for 1.5 years now, I guess.

Would it be possible to implement "right side views", where poster or other media would be on left side and list on other?
This is just my opinion, but that feels more natural to me, my eyes are always drown to heaviest thing on screen, which is big art.
Since your code is clean, I was able to customize this for my self, but every time you update skin I have to mess with it.
Also "Two banner" view option would be grate IMHO.

Thank you.

Thanks, glad you like it! Big Grin

I've actually been meaning to add an option to switch sides for a while but never got around to it. This was a good motivator to do it.
Check latest git version.
Skin Settings > Library > Switch viewtype artwork and list positions

I'll have a look at adding a double banner view when I get the chance.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Where is power menu in Home?
(2017-06-15, 09:20)mamachan Wrote: Where is power menu in Home?

Sounds like you either removed the shortcut from the menu or used another skin that uses skin shortcuts so you don't have the default menu items.

You can add it back in. Goto:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu
In that dialog click "Restore menu items" and then "Restore an original menu item" and choose "Power".
(2017-06-15, 09:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 09:20)mamachan Wrote: Where is power menu in Home?

Sounds like you either removed the shortcut from the menu or used another skin that uses skin shortcuts so you don't have the default menu items.

You can add it back in. Goto:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu
In that dialog click "Restore menu items" and then "Restore an original menu item" and choose "Power".

Thanks
(2017-06-15, 07:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 14:09)Burke Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

Thank You for this beautiful skin. It has been my favorite for some time now.

Nothing much to say really been working like a charm for 1.5 years now, I guess.

Would it be possible to implement "right side views", where poster or other media would be on left side and list on other?
This is just my opinion, but that feels more natural to me, my eyes are always drown to heaviest thing on screen, which is big art.
Since your code is clean, I was able to customize this for my self, but every time you update skin I have to mess with it.
Also "Two banner" view option would be grate IMHO.

Thank you.

Thanks, glad you like it! Big Grin

I've actually been meaning to add an option to switch sides for a while but never got around to it. This was a good motivator to do it.
Check latest git version.
Skin Settings > Library > Switch viewtype artwork and list positions

I'll have a look at adding a double banner view when I get the chance.

Works like a charm... Thank You
NEW FEATURE

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce a new feature that I've been working on.
It's called the "Showcase Widget".
The idea is that it is like a content store type thing that shows Recently Played and Recently added items etc. all in one location.

You can access it by pressing down from a main menu item that does NOT have a submenu.
Alternatively, you can add it as a menu item from the home customisation screen -- Common > Showcase
The command is ActivateWindow(1131) so you can even map it to a button on your remote/keyboard/gamepad if you want.

It shows eight widgets which can be scrolled through. These are customisable from skin settings
Skin Settings > Home > Customise showcase widgets (scroll down to see the option).

Available on git (will be in next official repo update sometime in the next fortnight).

(2017-06-21, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: NEW FEATURE

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce a new feature that I've been working on.
It's called the "Showcase Widget".
The idea is that it is like a content store type thing that shows Recently Played and Recently added items etc. all in one location.

You can access it by pressing down from a main menu item that does NOT have a submenu.
Alternatively, you can add it as a menu item from the home customisation screen -- Common > Showcase
The command is ActivateWindow(1131) so you can even map it to a button on your remote/keyboard/gamepad if you want.

It shows eight widgets which can be scrolled through. These are customisable from skin settings
Skin Settings > Home > Customise showcase widgets (scroll down to see the option).

Available on git (will be in next official repo update sometime in the next fortnight).

bloody cool mate.
The new settings layout looks hella better, the previous new one was a bit cluttered.
What has the libreelec setting replaced? cant for the life of me remember
(2017-06-23, 10:22)NotYourAverageAl Wrote: bloody cool mate.
The new settings layout looks hella better, the previous new one was a bit cluttered.
What has the libreelec setting replaced? cant for the life of me remember

Thanks! Smile

Yeah I'm much happier with the new settings screen now. Changing from 3x4 to a 4x3 layout really helped reduce the cluttered feeling whilst still allowing me to add the description labels that tell you what categories are in each settings section
-- the extra height for each tile meant the icon / title / info could be stacked vertically in the centre of the tile which really improves readability.

The libreelec tile replaces the event log (which is available at Settings > System > Logging > Show event log).
I only added the event log because I needed another item to even up the numbers when I added the file manager (libreelec settings are far more useful than the event log -- and on non-libreelec systems the event log tile will still show instead).
Big Eminence fan here, just upgraded my RPi3 to the lastest Kodi and I am happy Eminence (2.0) is still there!

I tried to set the background widget for each menu item to reflect the menu item. For example the Youtube tile would have Youtube addon as background widget etc.
But having a different background widget for each and every homescreen menu item stresses out my RPi3 a bit. So I am looking for the following:

Set the default (fallback) background widget to show random photos of my Pictures library. I have no clue how to do this.Is it possible?
One thing that can make it more difficult, I have 100GB of photos in several folders, so I am wondering if this will make my RPi3 stress out even more..
(2017-06-25, 19:37)zilexa Wrote: Big Eminence fan here, just upgraded my RPi3 to the lastest Kodi and I am happy Eminence (2.0) is still there!

I tried to set the background widget for each menu item to reflect the menu item. For example the Youtube tile would have Youtube addon as background widget etc.
But having a different background widget for each and every homescreen menu item stresses out my RPi3 a bit. So I am looking for the following:

Set the default (fallback) background widget to show random photos of my Pictures library. I have no clue how to do this.Is it possible?
One thing that can make it more difficult, I have 100GB of photos in several folders, so I am wondering if this will make my RPi3 stress out even more..

Yeah you should just be able to set the fallback widget to a pictures source (just scroll down when selecting the widget and you should see pictures as an option) -- though you can't select multiple sources so you would have to add multiple folders as a single source in your pictures library. Also its not recursive, so it has to be flat directories without extra folders in them.
(2017-06-27, 05:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-25, 19:37)zilexa Wrote: Big Eminence fan here, just upgraded my RPi3 to the lastest Kodi and I am happy Eminence (2.0) is still there!

Yeah you should just be able to set the fallback widget to a pictures source (just scroll down when selecting the widget and you should see pictures as an option) -- though you can't select multiple sources so you would have to add multiple folders as a single source in your pictures library. Also its not recursive, so it has to be flat directories without extra folders in them.

Thanks!
Flat directories is the issue. Of course my photos are organised so it is not going to work.
I can't imagine an addon does not exist that is a little bit more smart about it. I'll do some searching.
Hi, I’m working on different language. Where can I get msgctxt string ids for new skin Icons?
Thank you
Any Idea why this Change isn't working correct with Kodi 18 Leia?

https://github.com/c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r/ski...ttings.xml

The Skin is working fine as i can see after bumb xbmc.gui.

The Addon Settings Window load, but the Menu on the Left is missing.
Thanks
(2017-07-25, 21:23)c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r Wrote: Any Idea why this Change isn't working correct with Kodi 18 Leia?

https://github.com/c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r/ski...ttings.xml

The Skin is working fine as i can see after bumb xbmc.gui.

The Addon Settings Window load, but the Menu on the Left is missing.
Thanks

No button control id="10" which is the template for categories buttons.
Thanks, it's working now !!
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9