• 99(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
Awesome stuff man, glad I sticked with 18.9 all this while lol. tested this on Windows and it works flawless with PlexKodiConnect. Will install on my SHIELD soon.

Thanks again!!!
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2021-10-21, 10:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 20:47)roysmith Wrote: Sorry,probably did not explain properly.
When I am in home screen I am getting an ever changing display of pictures.I assume they are fan art pics taken from my content.I would like this display to be replaced with a single static picture of my choice.

Create a folder with a single image in it. Then add that folder as a source in Pictures. Then add that pictures source as the fallback widget in skin settings.

OR if you use the most recent version of the skin from github, in the home customisation dialog in skin settings you can set each individual menu item widget to None and then set a single background image for each menu item.

So happy to see Eminence available for Matrix!

However, I've got the same problem and nothing is working for me.

I've disabled any kind of fanart and widget anywhere I can find. And specifically, in the Skin Settings > Background menu, everything is unchecked.

But still I'm getting these annoying rotating pictures on my home menu (along with a "spotlight" text on initial startup). It is extremely frustrating I can't seem to get rid of it. :-(

I don't care for any movie databases or any fan art anywhere, so if there's a solution that simply disables all widgets I'd have no problem with that. Setting a static background picture doesn't seem to change a thing. And besides, I assume this would overwrite the Kodi logo background which I want to keep, so it's not really an option anyway.

I did get it to work some years ago with Leia, but other than a vague recollection it entailed something about somehow disabling spotlights altogether, I unfortunately don't recall what I did.

So... Help, please?
(2021-11-09, 12:20)NWUS Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 10:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 20:47)roysmith Wrote: Sorry,probably did not explain properly.
When I am in home screen I am getting an ever changing display of pictures.I assume they are fan art pics taken from my content.I would like this display to be replaced with a single static picture of my choice.

Create a folder with a single image in it. Then add that folder as a source in Pictures. Then add that pictures source as the fallback widget in skin settings.

OR if you use the most recent version of the skin from github, in the home customisation dialog in skin settings you can set each individual menu item widget to None and then set a single background image for each menu item.

So happy to see Eminence available for Matrix!

However, I've got the same problem and nothing is working for me.

I've disabled any kind of fanart and widget anywhere I can find. And specifically, in the Skin Settings > Background menu, everything is unchecked.

But still I'm getting these annoying rotating pictures on my home menu (along with a "spotlight" text on initial startup). It is extremely frustrating I can't seem to get rid of it. :-(

I don't care for any movie databases or any fan art anywhere, so if there's a solution that simply disables all widgets I'd have no problem with that. Setting a static background picture doesn't seem to change a thing. And besides, I assume this would overwrite the Kodi logo background which I want to keep, so it's not really an option anyway.

I did get it to work some years ago with Leia, but other than a vague recollection it entailed something about somehow disabling spotlights altogether, I unfortunately don't recall what I did.

So... Help, please?

Update...

I ended up deleting and re-installing Kodi.

This time I made sure to disable fanart settings before installing Eminence. I also configured my video folder settings and making absolutely sure they were set to category "none" (and not as "movies" or "TV shows") before installing Eminence.

And it works! No Spotlight rotation on the home menu, and no loading of any fanart anywhere. Perfect!

With that sorted, I'll be switching our Media Center over to Matrix tonight. :-) :-) :-)
Jurialmunkey,
Every time I quit Eminence, there is a notice "Kodi has stopped working". I don't know why... I use Kodi on an android TV box. Huh
Hi @jurialmunkey any chance you can add autoclose osd option? Thank you!
(2021-12-07, 15:18)tekhop Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey any chance you can add autoclose osd option? Thank you!

It's been in since 4.1.5: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...-939256664
Oh nice, sorry then, I was using version from Kodi repo, 4.1.0
First I have to say thanks for bring Eminence to v19!!

Does anyone know how I can force a single image background to be displayed when music is playing?
I really love Eminence Z, this is the skin I use on my Shield TV from years now and when I discover Alanon mod I really was in love....
I'm actually on Kodi 18.9 on many of my device to continue to use it and all the dependencies it use, but after some time I also see I can't add addon cause of the implementation of python 3 in the new ltimeline of Kodi, 

so I really ask me if I need to come to Kodi 19. I'm using and SQL database (and I know the database must be convert to a new one for kodi 19, not really a problem) and I really ask le if I can have the look and feel of my actual experience on a kodi 19 installation (the Eminence mod come with more fanart, cover and other extra art who was really eye candy....)

So i don't really wan't to upgrade my kodi if I can't hzve the same experience, but the time force me to think of this ....

Do someine can post screenshot of the new experience of Eminence 2 on Kodi 19 to compare with me hope and five me some hint and facts to decide me to take the leap??
Hi,
 I'm using version from Kodi repo, how can i update to last version?
Thanks ^^
Hi, I was trying to edit header date format  and searched through some old post. Somewhat I figured out how to edit it, so leaving it here for future reference.

On PC, go to your addons-->skin.eminenence.2-->16x9 (usual full path would be c:\Users\"youridname"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2\16x9)
if you are having a hard time to find directory you can install Everything, (go to google, type Everything file search), and after that open everything and type eminence and it will easily find directory

Anyways, inside 16X9 there is Includes_Furniture.xml file. Make a backup first in just case. Then, edit that file with your whatever the word editor you prefer  (notepad, notepad++, etc)

inside includes_Furniture.xml try to search or find date.

on line 1111 you will find a line saying  <label>$INFO[System.Date(DDD)]$COMMA $INFO[System.Date(dd MMM yyyy)]</label>

now change it to <label>$INFO[System.Date]</label>

Then it will change to your long date formate from kodi setting, that's it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How to edit Header date format

1. PC: go to directory c:\Users\"youridname"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2\16x9
    Android: Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\ .kodi\ addons\ skin.eminence.2\ 16x9

2. make a backup of original Includes_Furniture.xml in just case

3. edit Includes_Furniture.xml (open Includes_Furniture.xml using whichever documentation editing tools you are using like notepad, notepad++ etc)

4. inside Includes_Furniture.xml search or find(ctrl-f) date, and find line indicating <label>$INFO[System.Date(DDD)]$COMMA $INFO[System.Date(dd MMM yyyy)]</label>

5. Change that line to <label>$INFO[System.Date]</label and save it

6. Reboot kodi

7. your header date line should be changed to long date format of kodi setting now

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before I leave, I would like to say thanks to jurialmunkey.  I love this skin and really enjoying to use it.  Thank you very much.  Hope you all have a nice day.
As you can see in header and weather detail, there's some kind of colordiffuse effect of sunny weather icon. The normal one is yellow as display in Monday. Anyone know which .xml should be modified and how for disable the colordiffuse effect in hearder and weather? Thanks in advance.
Hi jurialmunkey.
I’ve been using the latest GitHub version on my two Vero devices for quite some time without any issues.
Both devices are running the latest version of OSMC and Kodi 19.3.
I tried using the Tvheadend PVR client and ran into issues where the client couldn’t be loaded.
I’ve tracked it down to the skin, but have no idea why.
If you can, could you have a look at this thread over on the OSMC forum for more info.
Thanks for the great skin!
(2022-01-08, 16:32)trevisyn Wrote: Hi,
 I'm using version from Kodi repo, how can i update to last version?
Thanks ^^

Install from @jurialmunkey's repo instead Wink
Noob question: is there a repo .zip to install on kodi or i need to manually install every new version?
Thanks ^^
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9