• 2(current)
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI
Can someone test this?

curl -v "https://cdws.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/drive/v1/nodes?filters=kind:FILE" --header "Authorization: Bearer sss"

It has been returning nothing but 503. I know sss is not a valid authorization token, but it is failing on a real token with the same error, so the service is not even responding enough of a capacity to even validate the tokens.
(2015-09-21, 00:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Can someone test this?

curl -v "https://cdws.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/drive/v1/nodes?filters=kind:FILE" --header "Authorization: Bearer sss"

It has been returning nothing but 503. I know sss is not a valid authorization token, but it is failing on a real token with the same error, so the service is not even responding enough of a capacity to even validate the tokens.

Seems like Amazon Cloud Drive is down atm.
(2015-09-21, 14:50)donmega Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 00:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Can someone test this?

Seems like Amazon Cloud Drive is down atm.

Yep, it has been down for people on the US-eastern data center since early Sunday morning, but all of Amazon's dashboards show online and no issues since 8am Sunday. How can a cloud service nowadays be down for everyone for more than 24 hours?
I confirm that I cannot access my payed amazon cloud drive account. Undecided
Yep it's not working for me too looks to be down i get from the web app error code 10

My account now seems normal.
@ tim4k it seems to be working at times now but at other times i get this here no files or folder displayed they must be still working on the problem hopefully

Unlike Microsoft who take forever to get back to you re OneDrive, Amazon relied to my concerns this morning to confirm that everyone in eastern north america will continue to be unable to access the service. No ETA.
Yep microsoft does have bad support for onedrive for being such a big company and they do take forever to reply back but with amazon they did reply back to me in a few hours about the problem pretty good support from amazon they seem to know that there is a technical issue going on with amazon cloud drive and told me that this has been reported to there technical team and they are working on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible
(2015-09-21, 20:17)old_school Wrote: Yep microsoft does have bad support for onedrive for being such a big company and they do take forever to reply back but with amazon they did reply back to me in a few hours about the problem pretty good support from amazon they seem to know that there is a technical issue going on with amazon cloud drive and told me that this has been reported to there technical team and they are working on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible

Looks like it is partially back. The service is only returning errors 50% of the time, likely meaning some of the load-balanced servers are still not working, but some are. It allows me to at least test the code handling errors and the backoff procedure on retrying when the API returns an error.
the problem has been fix already it looks like the web app is working again and the windows amazon cloud drive seems to be working too Smile
I'm interested in testing the app, if the offer is still open. Smile
I forgot to mention it in my last post, but I have a little bit of experience working with the Amazon Cloud Drive API ; I had put together a web interface to allow browsing through an ACD account and casting to a Chromecast with controls.

I ended up using the "templink" that ACD produces for MP4 videos to allow streaming without having to transfer the content first. Not sure if that's helpful in any way.
(2015-09-26, 17:30)rufustfirefly Wrote: I forgot to mention it in my last post, but I have a little bit of experience working with the Amazon Cloud Drive API ; I had put together a web interface to allow browsing through an ACD account and casting to a Chromecast with controls.

I ended up using the "templink" that ACD produces for MP4 videos to allow streaming without having to transfer the content first. Not sure if that's helpful in any way.

Does it work for MP4s > 20 mins? Seems like the web interface limits streams to content < 20 min in length.
(2015-09-26, 17:56)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 17:30)rufustfirefly Wrote: I forgot to mention it in my last post, but I have a little bit of experience working with the Amazon Cloud Drive API ; I had put together a web interface to allow browsing through an ACD account and casting to a Chromecast with controls.

Does it work for MP4s > 20 mins? Seems like the web interface limits streams to content < 20 min in length.

Yes ; I've watched content with lengths upwards of two and a half hours. I've only tried this with MP4 files, but some of that has to do with the limitations of the Chromecast, so YMMV with other video formats. The call I'm using right now is:

Code:
$.ajax({
    dataType: "json",
    url: getMetaDataUrl() + '/nodes/' + node_id + '?tempLink=true',
    success: function (data) {
        video_link = data.tempLink;
        video_name = data.name;
        // .... do something with this ....
    }
});
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help