• 5(current)
current state and vision
Ok thx for the info
MVC has nothing to do with the player (that's at least not the reason why it's missing atm) but with the demuxer/decoder, so in our case either ffmpeg or the HW decoder. Some platforms already do support MVC via their HW decoder, llike on the PI and some Android boxes
(i'm a poor french who don't really understand english)

I don't know which way team-kodi choose for videoplayer in Kodi 17, but i just whant to say some word:

- Since i have installed Kodi 16 RC1 DSPlayer, i'm able to read HEVC, without configuring a lot (just basic internal)
- Before that, with Kodi 16 Beta 5 (without DSPlayer), my little AM1 5350 was on the ground @100% processor and lag in movie/audio

Hope you will considered windows user and make an easy way to configure the videoplayer (Kodi 17) as we want. And what we want ? A pure image in 1080p at least, that's all. When i saw by my eyes the diffence between DVDplayer and DSPlayer (DSPlayer configuring in just 1 minute) i was on my ass, especially for HEVC decoding and SD/720 upscaling

EDIT: no matter which way you choose Team Kodi, i'm trusting you and just: YOU MAKING US SO HAPPY WITH THIS FUC*** KODI !

Best regards
Is it within the realm of VideoPlayer to potentially allow external audio streams in the future? (ie. TVShow.S01E01.commentary.aac or TVShow.S01E01.FRAudio.aac, etc in the same folder beside TVShow.S01E01.mp4) or is that more in the muxing department?

Currently I just manually mux in audio streams to the video file whenever it's come up, but it would be nice if this was a built in feature.
(2016-02-10, 17:50)mrsix Wrote: Is it within the realm of VideoPlayer to potentially allow external audio streams in the future? (ie. TVShow.S01E01.commentary.aac or TVShow.S01E01.FRAudio.aac, etc in the same folder beside TVShow.S01E01.mp4) or is that more in the muxing department?

Currently I just manually mux in audio streams to the video file whenever it's come up, but it would be nice if this was a built in feature.

absolutely. ace is working on this
When i tried the newest nightly on my Windows 8.1 with GTX 760, newest nvidia drivers the pictures was zoomed in and diden't cover the screen.
Menus and the whole kodi screen was fullscreen.
this might be DirectX11 related or a driver issue. Try to disable any video processing in the nVidia drivers. You should also try what happens if you turn of DXVA video acceleration. If the later fixes your issue, it's likely some DX11 stuff and you should ask over at the DX11 thread.
@mrsix I've opened a test thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263249
somewhere i thought i read somewhere that hopefully with the new player in the future multi streams will be able to be played, will this work with pvr channels?
Can you describe this use case in more detail?
@Ace, I think he might be referring to picture-in-picture which is common for PVR users especially when watching sporting events
(2016-03-09, 17:10)Talguy Wrote: @Ace, I think he might be referring to picture-in-picture which is common for PVR users especially when watching sporting events

yes this is what i ment by that
we are working on PIP, but it's still a long way to untangle the code and make two videoplayer instances at the same time possible
Just tested the KodiSetup-20160319-1a29dcf-master.
An immediate discovered issue : After hitting "Next Chapter", subtitles are not displayed anymore.
Issue occurs at least on any mkv file with ASS/SSA subtitles.

Edit : The fact that subtitles were not displayed after hiting "Next Chapter" occured, but now i remember that in all my no regression test files, i've seeked chapters properly in another file before having the issue, but when the issue occured once, it occured all the time.
When i'll time again (not soon), i'll do more tests, but in the meantime, i think you can still investigate, because the issue occured, for sure.
the subtitles also seem to vanish if you select the subtitle language it requires turning off subs and turning back on subs for them to reappear.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
current state and vision1