Equipment turn-on sequence issue
Here is my setup:

Intel NUC DC53427HYE i5-3427U running OpenELEC 5.95.4
Pioneer VSX-23TXH Audio Video Receiver
Sony KDL-48W580B 1080p HDTV
Logitech K400 Wireless RF Keyboard w/touchpad
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote (IR)
HP MCE IR Receiver

If I press the power button on the NUC, sit down and then turn on my AVR & TV with the Harmony 650, the TV never shows video.
If I press the power on button for the AVR and TV first, then press the power button on the NUC, everything is OK.

I'm not sure if it's an hdmi handshake issue or something else. I tried different settings on the TV, the NUC and Kodi but nothing changed.

Any suggestions ?
Suggestion: always enable TV and avr first.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Get a harmony (or a remote that does macros) - then you just have to set the order once.
My Harmony activity called "Kodi" turns my AVR and TV on in one button press. My NUC does not support power-on using a remote and I have problems with suspend and wake. While turning the TV & AVR on first works, I still want to know why I have to do it that way.
(2015-09-03, 17:11)blueribb Wrote: My Harmony activity called "Kodi" turns my AVR and TV on in one button press. My NUC does not support power-on using a remote and I have problems with suspend and wake. While turning the TV & AVR on first works, I still want to know why I have to do it that way.

Quite easy: if they are off the GPU does not detect any outputs cause there are obviously none... xserver won't start, no kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Equipment turn-on sequence issue0