Mx pro box updating kodi
Sorry if in wrong section but im really strugling to update my mx pro box to the latest kodi version..it wants to update via zip file?
Ive tried to find this zip file online but unable to..
Tried reading guides untill my head hurts but still non the wiser...ive installed it on my phone and it updated via the play store?? But i dont have this option on the box??
Go to the Play Store on your box and install it from there.
If that doesn't work, for whatever reasons, try the link at the top of this page that says "DOWNLOAD" and pick the correct .apk file to update to the proper version and do it that way.
My box will not update via the play store..the option to update is not there
Nor will it update via an apk file

It is asking for zip file to install from

So much easier to install and update on my phone!!!
Still strgling to update my box i just can not find the update in a zip file as it wont update via apk
Please help
I'm guessing you have a kodi installed that doesn't come from here. That needs to be uninstalled before you can install an official build.
Back up, uninstall, install.
I know nothing about those boxes, so I can't tell you specifically what to do. Any android device I have is rooted, so I'd just make a full copy (apk and data) with titanium backup, then crack on.
Sando, i had a community build on my mxq pro box but it was terrible, all i done was go to android settings then apps then clicked on kodi and uninstalled, then through the browser on the box i just came here and went to download and installed kodi 15, but i couldnt find the file in the download section , i had to go into app installer on the main coloured boxes screen
ok so im having a hard time updating kodi 17 or 17.1 whatever is in the playstore. when i go to play store it said this version of kodi is incompatible with my mxqpro box 4k which seems to have the latest firmware of android which is 5.1.1. I'm so lost now ive tried getting late firmware and the whole zip thing from mac to card to box thinking it was my android system being out of date or something anyway I'm struggling with this here. any help??
Help is already in the Sticky ***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems sticky Wink

Hint - Download on a PC, save to USB Stick, install with Android File manager.

(2017-04-16, 15:52)Bjjshawn2012 Wrote: ok so im having a hard time updating kodi 17 or 17.1 whatever is in the playstore. when i go to play store it said this version of kodi is incompatible with my mxqpro box 4k which seems to have the latest firmware of android which is 5.1.1. I'm so lost now ive tried getting late firmware and the whole zip thing from mac to card to box thinking it was my android system being out of date or something anyway I'm struggling with this here. any help??

5.1.1 is NOT latest firmware. Latest is 7.x. But 5.1 should be OK for Kodi and everything.
Okay so im still confused can i get this in english plz, sorry i went to both links and having a hard time seeing relavence to my situation. I think if i update my android box from 5.1.1 to 7 or the latest i should not have a problem with updating kodi anymore. How exactly do i update my android box, ive tried.
Latest Kodi works on Android >= 5.0. So you don't need to update anything. Not that you CAN.... In order to UPDATE android box or any other Android device, the MANUFACTURER has to MAKE an update. Do you think Chinese manufacturers CARE to make updates for zillion different boxes? No, ofcourse they don't. They'll just make a new box and sell it for 49.95.

But anyways, Kodi v17.1 should work on your box. Period.
The box came with kodi 16.0 when i go to play store it sais the verion of kodi which i guess is 17 or 17 1 is not compatitible with my android box. I have an mxqpro4k box ive tried downloading arms fro kodi website and even 16.1 jarvis nothing is working. I have no clue on getting kodi17.1 on my box. I have it on my smart tv cauae auto update,i have it on my mac but not the box upstairs. Ive tried doing the sd card from computer to box with xouple how to`s which nothing added up there or made sense nothing worked so i cant seem to figure out the problem and resolving it, i was banking on the box needing to be upgraded,you say it dont??
You can't.... try contacting the manufacturer of the box... they (chinese) never upgrade firmware. But android 5 per se is compatible with kodi.
Im not gonna do all that,i will not contact the manu ill just use 16 right ahould not be that diff and again why do i get that mesege in the playstore about kodi thenHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mx pro box updating kodi0