Solved Asking for greek subtitles does not work
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

since i cannot find any other solution anywhere i am posting this.

I have a problem that started with isengard release. The platforms i have tested this and making sure it exists are. Raspberry (OSMC & OpenElec), Windows, Mac OSX, Android.

If in KODI -> VIDEOS -> SUBTITLES -> LANGUAGES TO DOWNLOAD SUBTITLES FOR

you ask for GREEK only

then most of subtitles addons return in the subtitles search results every language that exists for the media you are playing.

If in KODI -> VIDEOS -> SUBTITLES -> LANGUAGES TO DOWNLOAD SUBTITLES FOR

you ask for GREEK & one or two more languages like (english and french)

then most of subtitles addons return in the subtitles search results only english and french (according to the example on above line)

Podnapisi subtitle addon is one of the few that does return greek subtitles.
It is like they either ignoring that you ask for Greek, or do not understand it at all.

Any hint will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. if logs are needed just ask it is easy. Anyway it seems that i am not the only one with the exact same problem. Solution is evading tho...
Hi there! I see the problem in Opensubtitles.org. Therefore I use Subtitle.gr from Lambda.
I provided a fix for opensubtitles addon that got merged, hopefully an update will come soon.
Along with the subtitles.gr only opensubtitles and podnapisi (rarely) addons provide Greek subs.
(2015-09-08, 09:47)host505 Wrote: I provided a fix for opensubtitles addon that got merged, hopefully an update will come soon.
Along with the subtitles.gr only opensubtitles and podnapisi (rarely) addons provide Greek subs.

this is a working solution sir, tested and reported back that it works (i do not know if you wanted to know or if you already did know, just saying).

at last opensubtitles is working as it should.
Well I tested on all of my systems (3-4) before I submitted the pr, but cross-confirmation is always welcomed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asking for greek subtitles does not work0