Poll: What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Front Projection Unit (Home Cinema)
27.70%
50+ inch Plasma/LCD (125 cm or larger)
23.47%
40-47 inch Plasma/LCD (100-120 cm)
18.60%
32-37 inch Plasma/LCD (80-99 cm)
14.38%
32-37 inch CRT (80-99 cm)
12.37%
20-30 inch Plasma/LCD (50-79 cm)
1.06%
20-30 inch CRT (50-79 cm)
2.43%
Total
946 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC Media Center?
Question 
I'm curious to learn what type of Displaydevice you people are using with our beloved XBMC

CRT basically means a regular old fashion TV.

(Choose the one that is closest to matching your unit)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

50 inch LG plasma with XBMC menu at 1080i and video at 720p over component. Looks incredible!
Big Grin 
Just bought a X-mas present for myself and my Xbox; a Panasonic PT-AE700U LCD-projector, featuring true native 16:9 (widescreen) 1280x720 (720p) resolution display, I'm very impressed with it so far to say the least, great picture for a great price. Saved some money too by buying a 200x200centimenter roll-up drape called "Tupplur" from IKEA for $30 to use as a screen, this drape is designed to not let any light through it and one of the sides of it has the exact same characristics as a real 1:1 gain home-cinema screen. I managed to get a 89" display out of this solution (but the projector can deliver up to 170" display if your screen is that big and the room is dark enough), and if I darken the room I can run the projector in low-power/economy-mode so I can not hear the fan inside it at all. Highly recomended! Note though that this projector model is currently being phased out as it's being replaced by the newer PT-AX100U model (which features all the same functions but higher ANSI Lumens and Contrast Ratio), so the PT-AE700U can be found for a few more months at a great price.

For anyone wanting a high-end but relativly cheap reciever/amplifier and speaker solution for the Xbox I can also recommend the THX® Certified 7.1 surround speaker system I have for my Xbox: Creative GigaWorks S750 speaker system and Creative Decoder DDTS-100, which features Dolby® Digital EX, DTS®-ES, Dolby Pro Logic® II (movie and music modes), and DTS Neo:6 (cinema and music modes) 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound decoding. I all I can say is, amazing sound! ...tough if you have a smaller room or a smaller budget then Creative Inspire P7800 (7.1) or Creative Inspire P5800 (5.1) should be enough to impress you and your friends when combined with Creative Decoder DDTS-100. All got great reviews and can compete heat-to-head with much more expensive home-cinema recievers/amplifiers and speakers.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
bump

Hi Pike,

Need a new voting category: 40-70 inch CRT

I use a JVC AV56WP30 (480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i); part of an HT system I build 5 years ago.

Best,

KZ
32" LCD HDTV 720i/p 1080i
1366×768 resolution

Ive not got the xbox running on HD cos I have a PAL box, but thats my project for the new year once I have all the cables.
I'm not sure it would be wise to alter a poll after it has been created...

Sony KVHR36 CRT. One of the best pictures you are likely to see.
Only downside is the depth(610mm) and weight (90+kg)

When I find a 50+" LCD @ 1920*1080 (That I can afford) I will upgrade.

Menus at 720p and video at 1080i.

LOVE XBMC AT HD RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!
I've got a 32" LCD TV. It's the Westinghouse LTV32w6. I'm still looking for some component cables, but that is certainly on my to-do list.
CRT TV 19" of more-or-less 1982 without remote control, audio mono, problem with the image (sometimes red go out)... That's my living room TV, there's nothing similar at the poll :p
el piranna, wow and you still have an xbox which xbmc. you need a new tv/screen for the widescreen hd goodness Wink
26 inch Sony bravia lcd screen 720p Wink
40" LCD HD-Ready here. 1366*768.
Run xbmc in 720p.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
ultrabrutal Wrote:el piranna, wow and you still have an xbox which xbmc. you need a new tv/screen for the widescreen hd goodness Wink

Me too, my parents don't :o Sad
I chose Projection since I have a 57" Hitachi HDTV... CRT Rear Projection.

I did not know they even make smaller TVs? Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC Media Center?1