Kodi startup with MySQL database down
Hi .. together,
i have a setup with a MySQL database on my NAS and all things work fine. If i try to start Kodi and the NAS is down (if i want only watch some iptv via Kodi) the startup time of Kodi is 25 minutes. The reason is that Kodi tries to open 36 music databases (MyMusic18 to MyMusic52) and 36 video databases (MyVideos60 to MyVideos93) on the MySQL server. How can i force that Kodi will stop to try to connect to MySQL server after the first fail ? Why does Kodi search for even non existing databases ?

best regards

Martin
The idea of a server is for it to be running.

But your solution might be two profiles?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or you can wake up your server each time you run kodi

wakeonlan
On my NAS there are only all my videos and the MySQL database for Kodi. The database is on the NAS because I have several kodi installations running on various devices. So it's a waste of energie to turn on the NAS because I don't need the database watching iptv. Kodi does it but I have to wait 25 minutes on the windows PC and 4 minutes on a device running openELEC. I don't want turn on the NAS. I just searching a way that kodi doesn't do all these usesless retries on a server which isn't up or a way to shorten the single retry times ( 21 seconds on windows, 3 seconds on openELEC).
Kodi is not designed to run without a database. You choose to do that yourself.

Only option is make two profiles. On that uses mysql and the other just local database for playing whatever.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok. So Kodi is designed to run only with a database but performs a lot of tasks (using several plugins) without it. It would be a simple way by Kodi to generate a local temporary database if the server of a defined MySQL database isn't reachable. I know this is feature request and it would by very nice if one of members within the team could spend a view minutes to think about it. On the other hand it doesn't clarify why on connect try takes 3 seconds on openELEC and 21 seconds on windows because it's no problem for me to wait a few minutes until Kodi is up (at this times some tvs needs that time to start).
yeah and then users come complaining their library is empty because it used the temporary database. It is NOT as simple as you say it is.

As said you have two options. Either have your NAS running or make another profile that only uses the local database. Your situation is an edge case
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If you are so worried about power consumption, how about you look at something low powered to run your MySQL DB instead, such as a dedicated Raspberry Pi?

But your request is a bit unreasonable. Kodi can use it's own local BD, or it can be configured to use a centralized DB like MySQL. You're the one who's setup a centralized DB for multiple instances of Kodi that you then refuse to run 24/7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi startup with MySQL database down0