Solved Problem: Local Tv-shows wont show
Hello fellow Kodi-users!

Problem; My local tv-series wont show in the Tv-shows menu.
I have done exactly the same thing with my movies and they show up in the Movies menu.
Both my movies and tv-shows are located on my two external harddrives.

When I ran Kodi for the first time, and went in to Videos>FIles> , my two external WD-hdds (named HDD3 and HDD4) were already there by default;

Settings for HDD3 (Where i have my tv-series);

Settings for HDD4 (Where i have my movies):

As you can see here, the movies shows up as they should;

When i navigate to the Tv-shows it shows some tv-series, which i don't even have?

I am running Kodi from Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit. I installed Kodi using this guide: HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

However, i also have windows on my computer on which i have mediaportal installed. Can this be a cause for conflict?
I changed the name on the actual folders from "Series" to "Tv-shows" but nothing happened.

Here is some information found in system settings;

I might add that i have no other add-on installed on my Kodi
i have tried to reinstall and i'm running out of ideas.

I would appreciate any advice or help very much!
Nice screenshots, but the missing part is a full Debug Log Wink
Oh, i forgot that part.

I moved a tv-show to /home/user/Documents in case the location was the problem, but nothing changed.
i also renamed the episodes to tvshow.s01e01. etc but it didnt work

anyway, here is the log file

http://xbmclogs.com/peyi04yft
No, you shouldnt set content at the HDD root only at the EXACT directory leve which has only TV series or movies..

Like that you avoid using temp folder and other files and then the scanner thinks these random files are actually tv series which is whats happening here it seems.
(2015-09-06, 14:12)uNiversal Wrote: No, you shouldnt set content at the HDD root only at the EXACT directory leve which has only TV series or movies..

Like that you avoid using temp folder and other files and then the scanner thinks these random files are actually tv series which is whats happening here it seems.

I'm not sure what you mean.

This is the path to the TV-series location;

It scans the files and they appear in Videos>Files>TVSHOWS>

However, the "TV-Shows Menu" does not appear;

And this is how the actual location looks like:

Should i re-organize the files in any way?
I think your folder structure is a mess...

Try to rename you folders like this:

- TV-Shows (name it exact like this...make it the source)
--TV-Show-Name (name of the show "Dr. House" for example....1st subfolder)
---Season-Nr. (name it "Season_01" matching the season number ... 2nd subfolder)
----episodefiles.ext (put the single files in here, only name them "S01E01.ext" for the first episode in the first season...."S01E02.ext" for the 2nd episode and so on)

This way all my TV-Shows are added perfectly
No the path should be like David says. You simply doing it wrong.

Its explained to ad nauseam detail in Naming_video_files/TV_shows (wiki) both naming and the directories layout and where you set content etc.
thank you both very much for your advice!

going to try it now, hope this solves it, I will be back with an update
It worked!

used pyRenamer to rename all the directories and files exactly as you guys described and it worked!
in hindsight i feel a little silly that the solution was that simple!

anyway, cant thank you enough! made my day =D
(2015-09-06, 18:53)David1977 Wrote: I think your folder structure is a mess...

Try to rename you folders like this:

- TV-Shows (name it exact like this...make it the source)
--TV-Show-Name (name of the show "Dr. House" for example....1st subfolder)
---Season-Nr. (name it "Season_01" matching the season number ... 2nd subfolder)
----episodefiles.ext (put the single files in here, only name them "S01E01.ext" for the first episode in the first season...."S01E02.ext" for the 2nd episode and so on)

This way all my TV-Shows are added perfectly

(2015-09-06, 19:12)uNiversal Wrote: No the path should be like David says. You simply doing it wrong.

Its explained to ad nauseam detail in Naming_video_files/TV_shows (wiki) both naming and the directories layout and where you set content etc.
Great Big Grin full edit main post and select solved from drop down menu.
Done!

(2015-09-08, 00:17)uNiversal Wrote: Great Big Grin full edit main post and select solved from drop down menu.
Great, now this post will jointhe other 2000 on same subject that have exact same solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem: Local Tv-shows wont show0