Cocktail - A cocktail browser and screensaver for Kodi
Hi there, I've got a problem getting the screensaver/program to run.

To start with, I have been using it on a couple of Kodi-based HTPCs successfully in the past. But now, on the latest box I've put together, when it launches it shows the splash screen correctly but then simply keeps showing the "Loading" spinner forever and nothing happens.

The box is running on kodibuntu (which is basically Lubuntu 14.04 LTS, 64-bit) and Kodi (updated to ver. 16, Jarvis).
I am suspecting either some kind of Python library level mismatch caused by kodibuntu and/or maybe an issue that came creeping into with the latest Kodi version itself. Anyway, I checked the kodi log and here's what it says (this is also the only part of the log showing errors):

Code:
09:09:18 T:140709594117888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '16117.360095826312'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.cocktail/cocktail.py", line 70, in onInit
                                                self.set_random()
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.cocktail/cocktail.py", line 132, in set_random
                                                if int(cocktails_list[0].id) != self.drink_id:
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '16117.360095826312'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:09:22 T:140710772398080   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(2, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.cocktail/cocktail.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
09:09:22 T:140710772398080   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
09:09:26 T:140709638174464   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 140709638174464 terminating (autodelete)
09:09:36 T:140710772398080   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib-x86_64-linux.so)
09:10:03 T:140710772398080   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
09:10:03 T:140710772398080   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.cocktail/resources/skins/default/720p/script-cocktail-Cocktailplayer.xml) ------
09:10:03 T:140709594117888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>
                                            Error Contents: <NULL>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.cocktail/cocktail.py", line 380, in onAction
                                                if not xbmc.getCondVisibility("Control.HasFocus("+str(INGREDIENT_PANEL_CONTROL)+")"):
                                            SystemExit
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Looking at the initial error it seems obvious that the values doesn't match the field type of INT. Yet I have no clue how/why this occurs and what it means. On the other hand - if the CocktailDB's API returns data which doesn't match with what the screensaver expects, then I wonder why I am the first to stumble across it as it should be broken for everyone...?

Can someone please give me a pointer as to what I should check/try/change to make some progress on identifying (and ideally, resolving) the problem? Note that I'm not that savvy when it comes to Linux internals though.

Thanks in advance, cheers,
Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cocktail - A cocktail browser and screensaver for Kodi - by schroedingersdog - 2016-03-21, 10:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cocktail - A cocktail browser and screensaver for Kodi0