WIP kodi on kinde fire hd tablet
can anyone provide me some suggestions on how to install kodi on kindle fire hd tablet? i keep getting message "there is a problem parsing the package" thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
Which model / year?
How are you installing ?
It might be that you have an older tab with an older os - 15 needs android 4.2 - in which case you could try Helix and / or spmc.

Disclaimer - I know next to nothing about kindles.
Is it possible to install KODI on an Amazon HD 6" tablet? I have the 2014 model and Kodi.tv is only offering Kodi through the Google Play Store. Thanks
(2015-09-07, 18:33)trogggy Wrote: Which model / year?
How are you installing ?
It might be that you have an older tab with an older os - 15 needs android 4.2 - in which case you could try Helix and / or spmc.

Disclaimer - I know next to nothing about kindles.

How to find Helix and download it so that a person can use an older model of android device?
Top of the page - Downloads. Look for 'older versions' and keep following.
(2015-09-07, 17:49)Grayson14 Wrote: can anyone provide me some suggestions on how to install kodi on kindle fire hd tablet? i keep getting message "there is a problem parsing the package" thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

I am having the same problem. 14.2 installs without any problem but ISENGARD 15.1.1 fails with the parsing error. I am downloading the ARM processor version which is appropriate for the Kindle Fire HD (first version).
Thank you @troggy. I came here looking for a solution to the same problem.

The older version list on kodi.tv didn't look like it went as far back as helix, but I found older files at the link below. I tried 14.2 helix rc1 v7a and it installed with no problem at all. I have the 2012 kindle hd which is running on Android ice cream sandwich v4.0.3

http://ftp.vim.org/mediaplayer/xbmc/rele...d/arm/old/
Hi sorry if it's a stupid question but is Isengard 15.2 compatible with Kindle Fire HD8 (2015 version)?

I installed by sideloading and initially everything seemed ok but I've been getting more problems recently. i.e I can't get into settings of addons, problems starting/closing, unresponsive actions.

PS I installed Play store on the kindle so uninstalled the sideloaded app and started again with the Play store version but still problems.
15.1 works the best for me on kindle fire
Lots of issues with 16.0 and 15.2 like you are experiencing.
Having same problem so using unstable versions so no good Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi on kinde fire hd tablet0