Plot Outline for Movies, Full Summary for TV Shows
When it comes to movies, I almost always prefer the plot outline over the full summary. The full summary is always far too long, much less interesting, and usually spoiler-ridden. Since Amber uses the full summary by default and offers no option to change it in the GUI, I had to go into the XML files to achieve the result I wanted. Changing line 140 in Includes_Variables.xml from this:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>

to this:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

did the trick nicely.

The problem arises when it comes to TV shows. It's very rare that IMDB stores a plot outline for television episodes, and unlike with movies, the full summaries are usually perfectly fine. So I need to find a way to use the plot outline with movies while keeping the full summaries active with TV shows.

Any suggestions?
(2015-09-08, 03:33)GStacks13 Wrote: When it comes to movies, I almost always prefer the plot outline over the full summary. The full summary is always far too long, much less interesting, and usually spoiler-ridden. Since Amber uses the full summary by default and offers no option to change it in the GUI, I had to go into the XML files to achieve the result I wanted. Changing line 140 in Includes_Variables.xml from this:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>

to this:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

did the trick nicely.

The problem arises when it comes to TV shows. It's very rare that IMDB stores a plot outline for television episodes, and unlike with movies, the full summaries are usually perfectly fine. So I need to find a way to use the plot outline with movies while keeping the full summaries active with TV shows.

Any suggestions?

<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + !Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>

BTW, I still think this should be option in KODI itself as it should be a general user preference that should be kept throughout all skins.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-09-09, 14:38)pecinko Wrote: <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + !Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>

BTW, I still think this should be option in KODI itself as it should be a general user preference that should be kept throughout all skins.

This does exactly what I was intending, thanks a lot! And yes, I completely agree with you. With all the configuration options already available in Kodi, this seems like something that should've been toggleable long ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot Outline for Movies, Full Summary for TV Shows0