OS X Kodi 15.1 - Failed to install a dependency error
Firstly, I realise there is already a thread on this (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236620), but seeing as the OP has still failed to post a log despite being requested to do so, I though it would be better to start a new thread than piggy-back on that one. Apologies if this is the wrong thing to do.

I'm currently unable to install most addons. Everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when I did a clean install to try and fix another issue. Each time I clean install, I delete the Kodi log file in Library > logs and the Kodi folder in Library > Application support, along with the Kodi icon in the Applications folder. If I'm doing that incorrectly, feel free to correct me.

An example of the current problem: when I try to install the 3B Meteo addon (the first Video addon in the official list for me), two error boxes appear:

Quote:BeautifulSoup
Installation Failed
Followed by:
Quote:3B Meteo
Failed to install a dependency

Other addons produce similar results, although the dependency that fails to install is sometimes different (I don't actually want 3B Meteo, I'm just using it as an example to test).

OSX Version: 10.7.5
Platform: MacBookPro
Install Method: dmg
Version of Kodi/XBMC: 15.1 (same issue also occurs with 15.0)

Log

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks in advance.
The problem is on the server side. Kodi is not able to retrieve the file, so you see an error.

Code:
23:23:59 T:4644745216   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 502 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/script.module.beautifulsoup/script.module.beautifulsoup-3.2.1.zip|Referer=plugin.video.3bmeteo-1.0.0.zip

Maybe the Kodi mirror server closest to you was too busy at the time. Try again.

If that fails, then try to load the dependency yourself.

Main Screen > System > Settings > Add-ons > System > Dependencies > Beautifulsoup

If that fails, then manually download the zip file and use "Install from zip file" method.

Goto: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/scr...tifulsoup/ in your webbrowser.
Download the file script.module.beautifulsoup-3.2.1.zip. Do not unzip it. Use "Install from zip file" method to install it.
After the dependency is installed, the (in your example) 3B Metro add-on should install properly.

Hope that helps.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
it should be fixed on our servers now (stripping off the referer from the url now automagically)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think there are still new reports of it not working
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
misty01, Memphiz,

Thank you very much for your help.
The dependencies now install in 15.1 and all the updates work correctly too.
Because of the problem with installing from zip files in 15.1 (mentioned in another thread on this forum), I've gone back down to 15.0 and everything is working well now.

Thanks again.
Hey no problem. Kodi 15.2 RC1 works with OSX 10.7.x.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
i'm having trouble trying to download any program addons for kodi using my mac i just keep getting addon error messages.

http://xbmclogs.com/psx7leohm
I got failed to install dependency when latest p^^^^ addon tried to update. update failed for that reason. What Can I do?
(2016-02-09, 19:39)cowboysfan08 Wrote: I got failed to install dependency when latest p^^^^ addon tried to update. update failed for that reason. What Can I do?

yes, its always smart to ask about illegal addons in these forums lol
(2016-02-09, 19:39)cowboysfan08 Wrote: I got failed to install dependency when latest p^^^^ addon tried to update. update failed for that reason. What Can I do?
No support here for banned add-ons, move along. Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 - Failed to install a dependency error0