• 6(current)
Release iOS-X Skin
I sent you a PM yesterday.

Pls let us know if it will be compatible with the latest tvOS build.

20160207 - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb

Thanks
(2016-02-22, 11:11)sasagr Wrote: I sent you a PM yesterday.

20160207 -
Thanks

It should, I had a previous tester using it on tvOS Kodi.
I pm'd everyone who contacted me and posted interest regarding testing tvOS-X, if anyone else wants to please pm me. I'm not going to release it publicly for a while.
iCanuck, i would like to receive a testing link please.
(2016-02-22, 14:43)iCanuck Wrote:

20160207 -
Thanks

in that build it does not even show under skin
@iCanuck can you please post a link for download of the texture files for iOS-x?
(2016-02-22, 14:45)iCanuck Wrote: I pm'd everyone who contacted me and posted interest regarding testing tvOS-X, if anyone else wants to please pm me. I'm not going to release it publicly for a while.

my account won't let me PM you, but I'd love to test this for you. Thanks.
(2016-02-22, 18:09)superbyron404 Wrote: @iCanuck can you please post a link for download of the texture files for iOS-x?

iOS-X (0.6.0) Textures - Download Link
thanks
(2016-02-22, 16:31)sasagr Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 14:43)iCanuck Wrote:

20160207 -
Thanks

in that build it does not even show under skin

tried to install the skin in tvOS directly but it give dependency error.

I can install the repo but it does not show there.. empty folder under look and feel / skin

Is there something you can do to give me the chance to install it in tvOS latest build, supposed it is compatible?

thanks
(2016-02-23, 09:41)sasagr Wrote: tried to install the skin in tvOS directly but it give dependency error.

I can install the repo but it does not show there.. empty folder under look and feel / skin

Is there something you can do to give me the chance to install it in tvOS latest build, supposed it is compatible?

thanks

After more research the Kodi nightly for ATV4 is based off Kodi v17 Krypton. I won't be adding support for Krypton until much later, but for the time being you can manually copy the skin folder over via Kodi's file manager.

Follow these instructions.....

1) Download tvOS-X (Jarvis) via link I sent you via PM
2) Download favorites script - Download Link
3) Download library data provider - Download Link
4) Unzip all zip files to USB flash drive
5) Plug usb drive into ATV4
6) Open Kodi, goto File Manager, copy 3 folders from usb drive to 'kodi/addons' folder
6) Close & Reopen Kodi
7) Enable Skin

Please post any tvOS-X bugs via email - [email protected], please do not post tvOS-X related bugs to this thread.
(2016-02-23, 12:25)iCanuck Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 09:41)sasagr Wrote: tried to install the skin in tvOS directly but it give dependency error.

thanks

After more research the Kodi nightly for ATV4 is based off Kodi v17 Krypton. I won't be adding support for Krypton until much later, but for the time being you can manually copy the skin folder over via Kodi's file manager.

Follow these instructions.....

1) Download tvOS-X (Jarvis) via link I sent you via PM
2) Download favorites script - Download Link
3) Download library data provider - Download Link
4) Unzip all zip files to USB flash drive
5) Plug usb drive into ATV4
6) Open Kodi, goto File Manager, copy 3 folders from usb drive to 'kodi/addons' folder
6) Close & Reopen Kodi
7) Enable Skin

Please post any tvOS-X bugs via email - [email protected], please do not post tvOS-X related bugs to this thread.

it does not change the skin to yours.
Tried on tvOS and also on Mac OSX (same krypton build) and got same result

here the log
http://xbmclogs.com/prk7blzax
(2016-02-23, 14:15)sasagr Wrote: it does not change the skin to yours.

here the log

Hmmm, I just tried it and your right it won't enable the skin, I checked and there are a few major changes to the skinning engine for Krypton.

Give me a few days and I should be able to come up with a Krypton compatible version.
Can i get a link for skin download please ive bern waiting patiently Smile
(2016-02-23, 15:10)iCanuck Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 14:15)sasagr Wrote: it does not change the skin to yours.

here the log

Hmmm, I just tried it and your right it won't enable the skin, I checked and there are a few major changes to the skinning engine for Krypton.

Give me a few days and I should be able to come up with a Krypton compatible version.

Hi Guys

For your info, the skinning engine works in 20160207 build of TvOS but has been disabled due to major changes in the menu button handling with this build. (see posts relating to TVos for more info)
To enable the TVos-X skin to appear you have to jump through several hoops (listed below)

1) Completely remove the 20160207 build of kodi via xcode
2) Reinstall the old 2016014 version - this has the skins enabled.
3) Copy over the skin files to your Addons folder
4) apply all your customisations to this build

Once everything is set how you like it

5) install the new 20160207 build of kodi over the top of the old version using the same provisioning profile (via xcode) and you'll have the benefits of the latest version with your customised skin

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE SKINS once you have done this as it will automatically revert back to confluence and you won't be able to switch back without repeating steps 1-5 above
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS-X Skin3