• 80(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
About the LE builds... they're not yet my "official" test builds, and they're only being produced on an ad-hoc basis with no documentation. If you find any problems please reproduce in a documented OE build. Hopefully it won't be long before the LE builds become my "official" builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This build: OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160403054651-#0402-g0026734
[Build #0402] 8.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.4.6

broke the MPD addon. Any chance that it can be rebuilt to match?

The cause is that these libraries changed version number:
Code:
libavcodec.so.56 -> /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57
libavformat.so.56 -> /usr/lib/libavformat.so.57
libavutil.so.54 -> /usr/lib/libavutil.so.55
(2016-04-05, 04:17)Milhouse Wrote: About the LE builds... they're not yet my "official" test builds, and they're only being produced on an ad-hoc basis with no documentation. If you find any problems please reproduce in a documented OE build. Hopefully it won't be long before the LE builds become my "official" builds.

Will you be starting a new thread or let us know in this one when to "jump ship?"

B.
(2016-04-05, 04:52)artur9 Wrote: This build: OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160403054651-#0402-g0026734

Check the addons folder for an updated addon.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-05, 06:01)Brian B Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 04:17)Milhouse Wrote: About the LE builds... they're not yet my "official" test builds, and they're only being produced on an ad-hoc basis with no documentation. If you find any problems please reproduce in a documented OE build. Hopefully it won't be long before the LE builds become my "official" builds.

Will you be starting a new thread or let us know in this one when to "jump ship?"

B.

New thread, and I'll sign off here with a link to the new thread, when it happens.
I read from topic egl vaapi version of OE (fritsch)that: Since 3. April in this build from millhouse implemented the vaapi egl video too.
Is it true?
Kodi v17 has it by default ... no need for special implementation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-05, 06:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 04:52)artur9 Wrote: This build: OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160403054651-#0402-g0026734

Check the addons folder for an updated addon.

Thanks. I installed it from the command line and it seems to be working fine. Thanks, again.

But where is the Add On settings in the new UI?
(2016-04-04, 06:02)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: Thanks in advance on taking a look into this. I searched this thread for black screen and it seems some people are having it after boot but mine is a little different.

My screen will just blank out for a moment and then come back. It seems random and I've played around with some of the Video settings but what's odd is it will do it not only during playback but also just sitting at the home screen of kodi. Sometimes it will happen within seconds of each other other times it will go a few minutes. The audio does not cut out when the screen blanks. So it seems I'm loosing just the video piece only for a split second. This issue was not there on v15.0 OE builds and I went back to confirm. (Making sure my hardware wasn't taking a sh*t)

I have 2 Intel NUCs in the house and neither of them seem to be having this issue. Just this PC. (non NUC)

Running: Version: devel-20160403054651-#0402-g0026734

Debug Syslog (it went blank seconds before I pulled this log) : http://pastebin.com/xs1Yd4Mz

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Some more troubleshooting today. If I bypass my receiver and go HDMI straight to the TV the black flashing screens stop. However I know my receiver is good because of all the other devices I push through it and with earlier version of Kodi I didn't have this issue either.

I have a Denon receiver is this a config issue or an edid issue on my end?

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!
ESXi 5.5 | VMs : [unRAID] [PLEX] [SAB] [CP] [Sonarr] [uTorrent] [MySQL] [Apache] [Mythbuntu]
Does the NUC have HDMI CEC functionality?
As soon as I removed my PulseEight CEC adapter, the problems were gone.
No
| myHTPC |
(2016-04-06, 07:12)hanzoh Wrote: Does the NUC have HDMI CEC functionality?
Some NUCs have an internal cec Header where you can connect an internal cec module from pulse eight.
(2016-04-04, 06:02)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: My screen will just blank out for a moment and then come back. It seems random and I've played around with some of the Video settings but what's odd is it will do it not only during playback but also just sitting at the home screen of kodi. Sometimes it will happen within seconds of each other other times it will go a few minutes. The audio does not cut out when the screen blanks. So it seems I'm loosing just the video piece only for a split second. This issue was not there on v15.0 OE builds and I went back to confirm. (Making sure my hardware wasn't taking a sh*t)

I have a similar issue, I was able to "fix it" by disabling adjust refresh rate. I had it set to "on start/stop" but it would change sporadically during playback for no reason. I have set it back to "off" and now have not had any issues. The video I am watching is not changing its refresh rate halfway during playback, so I think its a kodi issue, or both of our hardware is taking a sh*t, but I havn't had the issue since I disabled it.
(2016-04-06, 09:47)nalor Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 07:12)hanzoh Wrote: Does the NUC have HDMI CEC functionality?
Some NUCs have an internal cec Header where you can connect an internal cec module from pulse eight.

Right, Custom Solutions Header https://www.pulse-eight.com/Download/Get/30 and this Module https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/154/intel-...ec-adapter
| myHTPC |
(2016-04-07, 05:36)boostberry3g Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 06:02)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: My screen will just blank out for a moment and then come back. It seems random and I've played around with some of the Video settings but what's odd is it will do it not only during playback but also just sitting at the home screen of kodi. Sometimes it will happen within seconds of each other other times it will go a few minutes. The audio does not cut out when the screen blanks. So it seems I'm loosing just the video piece only for a split second. This issue was not there on v15.0 OE builds and I went back to confirm. (Making sure my hardware wasn't taking a sh*t)

I have a similar issue, I was able to "fix it" by disabling adjust refresh rate. I had it set to "on start/stop" but it would change sporadically during playback for no reason. I have set it back to "off" and now have not had any issues. The video I am watching is not changing its refresh rate halfway during playback, so I think its a kodi issue, or both of our hardware is taking a sh*t, but I havn't had the issue since I disabled it.

Thanks for the reply! I've tried all settings and I'm still getting the random black screens Confused

What drives me crazy is I go back to 15.0 and the issue goes away. So I'm assuming it's something within 17.0. I'll just deal with it and maybe a nightly will resolve it.

logs don't seem to be showing much either Angry
ESXi 5.5 | VMs : [unRAID] [PLEX] [SAB] [CP] [Sonarr] [uTorrent] [MySQL] [Apache] [Mythbuntu]
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4