• 33(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
So I'd love to try out these builds but want to maintain compatibility with my Kodi installation at my server (Jarvis B4) since I'm using shared MySQL databases.
Could anyone tell me what the latest build I can use is ? - as far as I can tell the recent builds have moved to K** which has bumped some DB versions.
Hi. With latest build most of the things seems to work ok. Even DD is working in sync but sometimes the audio stops and then resumes.
Here is debug log if it will help (at the end there are some stops and resumes of audio):
http://pastebin.com/UFQd6Det
(2015-12-19, 10:05)Swifty Wrote: So I'd love to try out these builds but want to maintain compatibility with my Kodi installation at my server (Jarvis B4) since I'm using shared MySQL databases.
Could anyone tell me what the latest build I can use is ? - as far as I can tell the recent builds have moved to K** which has bumped some DB versions.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
For any version newer than 08.12.2015 both of yours and fritsch' my remote TVHheadend server, causes a 100% cpu use. My local tvheadend server (Dvb-s) runs great.
I use a Intel NUC celeron.

logs';
http://xbmclogs.com/pzt9nrn6w
(2015-12-19, 23:26)menno Wrote: For any version newer than 08.12.2015 both of yours and fritsch' my remote TVHheadend server, causes a 100% cpu use. My local tvheadend server (Dvb-s) runs great.

logs';

No idea what version of tvheadend you are testing with - have you tried the latest version of tvheadend addon from addons, or are you using some other version? Maybe post in the tvheadend support forum.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Not sure if I am to report this here, but I thought that you may find this useful.

Two problems that I have encountered in your latest build as of 12/19

1. If I want to install a zip (add-on) file or browse my network that is sitting on a SMB share on a NAS, I cannot connect. I get a network error not found. Even if I have a working connection.
I get the same situation if I simply use the file manager to just browse my NAS, the indicator on the lower right just spins and spins until it gives up.

2. Perhaps It is the Confluence skin, but if I select show weather information on the home screen from settings, it shows until I reboot then it is gone

3. Network settings do not stay all of the time, I noticed this with DNS settings, it either goes to a default that I do not use or I lose internet until I fiddle with it again.

Once I went back to the latest official build, 6.0 everything works fine.
I am using a very recent core i7 logic board with a fairly recent Nvidia card. nothing legacy here. I am running OpenElec.

Thanks
(2015-12-20, 01:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 23:26)menno Wrote: For any version newer than 08.12.2015 both of yours and fritsch' my remote TVHheadend server, causes a 100% cpu use. My local tvheadend server (Dvb-s) runs great.

logs';

No idea what version of tvheadend you are testing with - have you tried the latest version of tvheadend addon from addons, or are you using some other version? Maybe post in the tvheadend support forum.

I use all the versions that come with you guys releases. Since I cannot setup two backends in one client I use the trick to run the tvheadend client addon twice by renaming one to pvr2.hts.

They do show different versions in addon. Funny enough my local backend (dvb-s) the client has version number 2.1.16
For the problematic backend (dvb-c) which is outside my house, the version is the new 2.2.10.

I really think it relates to something else than tvheadend addon versions. Remember this comes up only if I use any version after the 08.12.2015 version. Either yours or the one from Fritsch give the extreme stuttering and 100 % Cpu usage...
(2015-12-20, 05:12)Chett Wrote: Not sure if I am to report this here, but I thought that you may find this useful.

Two problems that I have encountered in your latest build as of 12/19

1. If I want to install a zip (add-on) file or browse my network that is sitting on a SMB share on a NAS, I cannot connect. I get a network error not found. Even if I have a working connection.
I get the same situation if I simply use the file manager to just browse my NAS, the indicator on the lower right just spins and spins until it gives up.

2. Perhaps It is the Confluence skin, but if I select show weather information on the home screen from settings, it shows until I reboot then it is gone

3. Network settings do not stay all of the time, I noticed this with DNS settings, it either goes to a default that I do not use or I lose internet until I fiddle with it again.

Once I went back to the latest official build, 6.0 everything works fine.
I am using a very recent core i7 logic board with a fairly recent Nvidia card. nothing legacy here. I am running OpenElec.

Thanks

Can you go back through the builds and identify the last build that doesn't have these network problems #1 and #3?

#2 sounds like the setting isn't being saved. Again, identifying the last working build would be useful.
(2015-12-18, 17:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 10:51)mcelliott Wrote: Wow! Thanks!

Is this in the test builds? If so, I will test and report back.

Yes it's in.

And it's working perfectly. All my videos play again. Thanks for your efforts with this.
@millhouse - can you pick this up on your next build?

https://github.com/fritsch/linux/commit/...ea77f14b4c

Fritsch rewrote for the 4.4 kernel
(2015-12-20, 18:02)jjslegacy Wrote: @millhouse - can you pick this up on your next build?

https://github.com/fritsch/linux/commit/...ea77f14b4c

Fritsch rewrote for the 4.4 kernel

No need, already included in 4.4rc5:

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...lors.patch
oh yes sorry slow morning for me Smile Thought it was rewritten - nevermind!
New OpenELEC K* build #1220: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.4.0-rc5 #1 SMP Sun Dec 20 23:28:33 GMT 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151220232738-#1220-gc07aeab [Build #1220]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c07aeab8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (585fc749, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop Nvidia_Legacy project

Legacy users to use Generic from now on - this final "Nvidia_Legacy" build is actually a copy of Generic to ease the migration when using Leopolds DevUpdate addon. Users of "legacy" Nvidia hardware must not use Generic builds earlier than #1220 - use only the Nvidia_Legacy builds. To install Nvidia_Legacy builds prior to #1220 you will have to update manually - do not use the DevUpdate addon as it will install the incorrect Generic build.

If you have any Xorg related issues, the following information must be provided:
    Code:
    dmesg | paste
    cat Xorg.0.log | paste
    journalctl --no-pager | paste
    lspci | paste
    lspci -v | paste
  2. New MusicDB schema v58
  3. Bump addons to 7.0
  4. PulseAudio: use pulseaudio --> alsa bridge
  5. [keymaps] remote.xml: virtualkeyboard: back now maps to 'back', not 'backspace' anymore
  6. Updated Intel Video Color Range patch
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • audiodecoder.usf: don't build on RPi (PR:4507, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • addons: bump packages/addons for 7.0 (PR:4506, 1 commit, 16 files changed)
    • pulseaudio: use pulseaudio --> alsa bridge (PR:4482, 6 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [RFC] Stop being stingy with System partition size (PR:4510, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • CHG: [aml] get player clock to codec via interface (PR:8579, 4 commits, 13 files changed)
    • rework RenderCapture (PR:8613, 2 commits, 13 files changed)
    • Multiply album ratings (PR:8622, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Silence some warnings (PR:8623, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • fix forced subtitle selection after abc184c7fb453c8f1ab7f70a10ff2baa3… (PR:8625, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Silence a few warnings (PR:8428, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
    • FIX: [andoid] OBB is now smaller than 20Mb (PR:8628, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Fix race condition / double-free crash in GUIWindowPVRBase (PR:8630, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Use two full size members instead of using a static array as a union (PR:8620, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: return appropriate value for RenderCaptureAllloc in IPlayer - credits to fritsch (31f5ae1b)
  3. dcadec:
    • Update README. (cfb1dc36)
    • Simplify core extension parsing code. (97b3503f)
    • Disallow deficit samples for termination frames. (be5dadd7)
    • Disallow zero downmix scale codes. (c0337390)
    • Simplify downmix code sign bit masking. (5a7d6e79)
    • Remove invalid assertion. (89b2bc0b)
    • Clean up XLL parsing code. (7eb98a32)
    • Keep PBR buffer allocated for context lifetime. (4741ce34)
    • Remove X96 scale factors array subscript hack. (7b3c2a86)
    • Validate XLL sync word offset more. (7846e2af)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • Fix for #135 (PR:147, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  5. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: remove player selection from api and drop DummyVideoPlayer (246550d7)
      • playerfactory: rework and cleanup (37dafc2e)
      • add methods.json to xcode project (2337a1ce)
      • VideoPlayer: no discontinuities when being in a menu (bd8760a0)
      • VideoPlayer: continue normal playback if seek fails (d1da32e7)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] ff23628e: FFmpeg: Bump to 2.8.4-Jarvis-rc1
    • Added: [env] 47bf9eca: Redo limited passthrough patch
    • Added: [env] 080cdab2: Update xpad patch
    • Added: [env] patch: [RBP] RPi config options
    • Added: [env] patch: Build pulseaudio for all projects
    • Added: [env] patch: PulseAudio: load drivers
    • Added: [env] PR:4486: Drop Nvidia_Legacy project and roll nvidia-legacy driver into Generic
    • Added: [env] PR:4509: Alsa updates
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8636: [keymaps] remote.xml: virtualkeyboard: back now maps to 'back', not 'backspace' anymore
Anyone that uses build #1220 with an Nvidia GPU please report back on if this build works for you and what GPU you are using.

We have merged the two nvidia drivers into one build and it is crucial that we work out all the bugs before proceeding to OE 7.0.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Works fine with GT610
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4