Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?
@Memphiz
I help you.

The crazy plan is right, maybe 50% not good. But you are now better than last week.

I help you for more Fantasy/Idea,I love the normal user. you focus only on Xcode or Jailbreak since more than 3 years. This is boring,
unilaterally.
Ok then help me. Stop posting - get working ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
lost cause guys Smile
Guys, if it is possible to get Kodi on ATv4 the great devs dealing with Kodi will... we will see if Plex for example will have the ability to install addons from within the app... I guess those things would be to "open" for Apple though but they suprise you every once in a while
@Memphiz Didn't apple change it so that you don't need the dev cert anymore?

AFAIK every user is now able to distribute a app to his own device via xcode, so in fact the suggestion is actually a really good one. It just restricts it to users who are able to build stuff via xcode, thus it is more or less limited to mac users, or users that have a hackintosh/os x vm.

Maybe you can pass that information to the team and based upon that you can reconsider your thoughts about an appletv version.

Greetings
David

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/xcode-7-al...-for-free/
old news to darwin devs Smile
I love my Apple products and the Apple TV does look really cool but one of the cool features about it is the boy search and that won't work in kodi so that kind of defeats the purpose of getting the Apple TV
Boy search? Wrong forum? Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Getting siri to work with Kodi would be the holy grail. I've been dreaming of it ever since I read about a hack that tried to do that ages ago using the iPhone. Sadly nothing really materialized from it.
(2015-09-22, 23:11)HotRainRider Wrote: Guys, if it is possible to get Kodi on ATv4 the great devs dealing with Kodi will... we will see if Plex for example will have the ability to install addons from within the app... I guess those things would be to "open" for Apple though but they suprise you every once in a while

Plex cannot install addons from any of their apps. It is all handled by the server which is great to me. i wish Kodi had that architecture.
Plex shouldn't have an issue installing any add-ons. Installing an add-on from the client is not technically installing it local the plex client. It's being installed on the server. I am quite sure that's the reason why plex get accepted in all the stores where Kodi can't. Besides they also tend to use the native player of the device rather than their own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?1