Release World Surf League addon
I "made" this addon of public content of world surf league youtube videos and live events.

World Surf League addon

Hope you like it, not only for surfers Wink
Thank you very much for this add-on, i've been waiting for a long time for such a thing.
Anyway everything is working great exept the live stream.
It says no live stream available while there is actually live competition.

You seem to work with wsl YouTube channel and live streams disappeared from the channel cupple of monthes ago. So I wonder how did you manage tout include live streams.
I was soooo happy to find this!
Since WSL stopped streaming on Youtube and encrypted the streams so I couldn't find the rtmp data using Wireshark, I have not been able to watch WSL on my KODI player.

Unfortenately the addon doesn't work for me. It says no live streams available even when the event is on.

I would be so greatful if this can be fixed. And if not, does anyone know if it's possible to somehow get the stream settings (e.g. with Wireshark) to create .strm files for KODI?
(2015-10-24, 12:14)Zsurfer Wrote: I was soooo happy to find this!
Since WSL stopped streaming on Youtube and encrypted the streams so I couldn't find the rtmp data using Wireshark, I have not been able to watch WSL on my KODI player.

Unfortenately the addon doesn't work for me. It says no live streams available even when the event is on.

I would be so greatful if this can be fixed. And if not, does anyone know if it's possible to somehow get the stream settings (e.g. with Wireshark) to create .strm files for KODI?

+1.
Live stream still not working.
Is there a chance you could fix the live category?

Thanks!
It looks like the WSL are now using neulion.com for their live streaming service.

The good news is that there are other kodi addons (MLS) that stream live from neulion so it is technically possible.

I was going to have a look at it but Christmas is catching up so I won't have time until the new year but if someone else has time now and wants to I'd start by looking at the MLS or other addons that use neulion...

Edit to add: the URL of last nights live stream was - http://nlds299.cdnllnwnl.neulion.com/nld..._4500.m3u8

If you chuck that in VLC is plays the thanks for watching graphic for a while. I'm not sure if this is a fixed URL for all WSL live streams or if each stream will have a unique URL but it's a place to start

Edit 2: If you stick the above URL in a browser it'll download a file. Move that file to somewhere Kodi can access, then open the file in kodi and the stream plays. In the short term this should work to be able to stream live events in kodi but it would be good to build it into the addon later...
Tonight live stream appears to be http://nlds299.cdnllnwnl.neulion.com/nld..._4500.m3u8
Whow thank you guys for appreciating this addon... the thing is that i´m not a dev... like it says on the github i have just copied the addon from enen92 kordkutters addon, i basically edited the files and changed the channel id of the youtube channel.

when there is live streaming of the events on youtube it works, for example in junior competitions or in some WSL in some locations and not major events the live event used to work.

like you said, they have changed the streaming service, i don´t even know that service... i don´t even know if exists the channel so that one stream or channel id like in youtube aggregates all live events... and not random events... so you can automatically call it and don´t need to search the stream... other thing is that they are to separate sites... so i think would be a mess to use a neulion addon and the youtube addon... so lot´s of things must be considered to a new addon i think.

But unfortunately, i don´t have the right set of skills to do that.

thanks guys for the repply
Hey,
it's a really nice plugin. But I miss the live stream. I know that your app works over youtube and there is no livestream there. But you can find the livestream on http://www.worldsurfleague.com/, so maybe theres a way to get stream from there to the plugin.
(2016-03-15, 13:08)iak92 Wrote: Hey,
it's a really nice plugin. But I miss the live stream. I know that your app works over youtube and there is no livestream there. But you can find the livestream on http://www.worldsurfleague.com/, so maybe theres a way to get stream from there to the plugin.

Probabily, the thing is i don´t know how to do it, and theres a problem with webpages, they are dynamic and they keep changing so you have to keep an eye on it constatily, and since the real guy who as the credit for making this possible isn´t into this addon im not much of a help.

I just made this becouse at the time the live events where on youtube and i thought was a cool and legal content to add to kodi, and of course becouse i surf too.
Thanks for this. Nice addon and a shame about the live stream thing.

How did you get the URL of the live stream from the website in the first place ElderAldo (or anyone who can answer)? If I could do that then at least I could watch through kodi until (if/when) that service could be incorporated into this addon.

Was quite surprised to find this so thanks!
Ok so I managed to get some sort of m3u8 stream but can't seem to crack how to get it to play on kodi. It plays for about 10 seconds and then cuts out.

It's a shame but it would be great if this could be done Smile

Any help appreciated!
If you have an m3u stream file you can use it on the IPTV simple client PVR addon, and it shows on Live TV menu.
(2016-04-10, 01:41)welshyoot Wrote: Ok so I managed to get some sort of m3u8 stream but can't seem to crack how to get it to play on kodi. It plays for about 10 seconds and then cuts out.

It's a shame but it would be great if this could be done Smile

Any help appreciated!

Hey! How did you get the stream for the live events? I was thinking and maybe i can try to copy other addons and use the livestreams...

I don´t promise anything but i can try to figure out how to copy some things and do my addon... you can pm me with the info, and when i have some time available and i feel like i want to work on this i will give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
World Surf League addon0