Can Kodi play Vob with 2 audio track?
Hello, I wonder if Kodi can play video with 2 audio track and have the option to play only one of them. Like in this video on youtube, it has 2 tracks, the voice is on the left and music on the right. With a computer, I can change the balance and only play the music:

These are karaoke video and I would like to be able to switch off the voice when I want to with Kodi.

Thanks in advance!
When you slide the audio balance on your PC, to select either left or right or a mix of both, this is just like turning a balance knob on an old stereo amplifier (or just like using your TV audio balance menu to do the same via the TV remote). Useful in your 'use case' where you have two different tracks each placed within a channel in the stereo track. Many years ago, TV broadcases used such methods to send normal mono audio on one channel with a different mono audio language on the other channel though i forget what it was called. Such methods have dropped out of favour with the advent of DVD that can handle multiple audio streams but i guess it's still used in Karaoke (though it does seem clunky).

In any case, KODI does not have an audio stage that allows balance, treble or base adjustments like many audio amplifiers provide and i see no need for Kodi to inherit such bloat. Amps work well for that.

Kodi does provide an audio menu where you define your speaker setup, such as stereo, and Kodi will then output the audio accordingly. This means Kodi will mix channels from a 5.1 (non stereo) audio stream in for example a DVD movie and output stereo to your TV. If the video you are playing only has a stereo audio track it will simply output the stereo without any mixing and thus you can use your balance fading method on your PC, amp or TV just as you do now. Note if you specify 5.1 within Kodi it will upmix the stereo to 5.1 and balance fading will not work the way you want.

Your other option is to re-encode the video where you add a new audio stream with only the music taken from the original stream. Then within Kodi you can select the first stream (containing both the voice and music as you have now) or the second stream (containing only the music) just as it would when you select another language stream within a DVD movie.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Thank you very much skylarking, for taking the time to explain that to me.
I'll try the first method to see it can work with my setup.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi play Vob with 2 audio track?0