Skip Steps is reseting the position to start of movie
i am running Kodi on Windows 10, Mac OS 10.10 and Android (FireTV) and as TV Backend TVheadend.
When using skip steps, repeatingly the position in the TV-recording is reset to the beginning.
This is not always happening but in many cases.
In some extrem cases it is impossible to skip anymore.

It seems that Kodi 15.2 has worsened this behavior. Before it happened every 10-15th click, now is some cases every 2-3rd click.
So the probability that the bug is occurring has increased.
Yes, this is a problem on Kodi 15, read some of the other threads about it. In order to watch the US NFL game last night by recording it for half an hour before watching it, I used Kodi 13.2. All the prior versions of Kodi 15 work, even the newer Kodi 16 has that skip bug.
Sadly the only fix for this for the time being is to downgrade back to Kodi Helix (14.2) and use the TVHeadend addon for that version of Kodi. This is not difficult to do in Windows or OS X since you can obtain an older installer file (.exe or .dmg file) but under Linux is it is more difficult, but not impossible (instructions here). I'm not sure why it is taking so long for them to fix this in Isengard but then again there seems to be some confusion over who is actually responsible for breaking it in the first place, and who should fix it (at least I'm confused, I don't know if anyone else is, but I don't know if the Kodi people or the TVHeadend people are responsible for this code). In the meantime you might want to add some kind of "me, too" comment to the bug report.
I am pretty new to Kodi and meanwhile have also read the bug report. The developer seem to be terribly offended by the person who pretty much just described the bug. I read the bug description over again and did not find any inappropriate words.
At the end I am not sure whether the developer has accepted the the bug report at all and whether he will do anything about it in its frustration.

A very strange way to cope with bugs. Maybe I do not have the full picture. Let's see whether this bug will be fixed in the future.
I have Ubuntu 14.04, TVHeadend 4.0.5 and Kodi 15.1 and I also have the same issue reported here. I am about to downgrade to Kodi 14.2 to make my system usable.
Well it appears there is some hope, it looks like about an hour ago (as I am writing this) an attempted fix was posted at https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/99 and if you are a coder you can see the proposed code changes at https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/99/files , but there might be some process that these have to go through before we get an actual fixed version in the Kodi repository. Until it's made available that way, I have no idea how a Kodi user could test these. I'd be happy to test the proposed fixes on my system running Ubuntu 14.04, but I would not have the foggiest idea how to install them, since even using apt-get is a bit of a challenge for me at times. I think if a .deb file of the addon were available I could figure out how to install that, but raw code isn't anything I know how to deal with.
I am happy to report that the erratic skipping problem has been resolved in the latest nightly of Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” dated Sept. 18, 215. I had recorded one of the US NFL football games last night, and today with this new Kodi 16, I can skip all I want and it works great. There are also some other additions...... Awesome.
(2015-09-18, 13:41)clarkss12 Wrote: I am happy to report that the erratic skipping problem has been resolved in the latest nightly of Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” dated Sept. 18, 215. I had recorded one of the US NFL football games last night, and today with this new Kodi 16, I can skip all I want and it works great. There are also some other additions...... Awesome.

Fantastic! Do you happen to know whether this was a change to Kodi itself, or to the pvr.hts addon? Either way, I hope that the fix will either be added to Kodi 15 "Isengard" or that the release version of "Jarvis" is not too far away. If the fix is in the pvr.hts addon then I really hope they will get the fix version into the Kodi repository (for Ubuntu users) soon. As I mentioned previously I'd be happy to test a fix version of the addon but until it's either in the repository or a .deb package for Ubuntu 14.04 I would not have the slightest idea of how to install it.

(I'm always a little reluctant to run a nightly because I fear it would change the Kodi database in such a way that if the nightly didn't work for me, I could not go back to the previous release version, and I don't know enough to dig myself out of that hole without reinstalling the entire operating system and starting from scratch).
(2015-09-18, 20:53)birdwatcher Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 13:41)clarkss12 Wrote: I am happy to report that the erratic skipping problem has been resolved in the latest nightly of Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” dated Sept. 18, 215. I had recorded one of the US NFL football games last night, and today with this new Kodi 16, I can skip all I want and it works great. There are also some other additions...... Awesome.

Fantastic! Do you happen to know whether this was a change to Kodi itself, or to the pvr.hts addon? Either way, I hope that the fix will either be added to Kodi 15 "Isengard" or that the release version of "Jarvis" is not too far away. If the fix is in the pvr.hts addon then I really hope they will get the fix version into the Kodi repository (for Ubuntu users) soon. As I mentioned previously I'd be happy to test a fix version of the addon but until it's either in the repository or a .deb package for Ubuntu 14.04 I would not have the slightest idea of how to install it.

(I'm always a little reluctant to run a nightly because I fear it would change the Kodi database in such a way that if the nightly didn't work for me, I could not go back to the previous release version, and I don't know enough to dig myself out of that hole without reinstalling the entire operating system and starting from scratch).

You are correct about being cautious using the nightlies, the current nightly has a lot of buffering of the live streams. As for your other questions, I don't know.,
I have a very simple but effective DVR/PVR system, using a $35 Android stick (MK808B Plus) running OpenELEC and tvheadend server. I use an assortment of Android boxes with Kodi as my frontend. So easy to change and test different versions.
My setup.

https://youtu.be/KfdKqnVXlYM
I just rolled back to Kodi 15 and it still skips erratically and back to the beginning.
I have just updated to V 15.2 RC 2.
The bug is still there. I am using FireTV Stick.
Were the changes made to V 16 with respect of this bugs also included in V 15.2 RC 2?
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/100

The fix will be backported to Isengard (15.2).
negge, thank you for fixing this and thank you to all who helped in some way. It's very much appreciated.

Quick question, how do you get and install the fixed version? I had hoped it would just show up in the repository but I tried this:

Quote:$ sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
kodi-pvr-hts is already the newest version.

In my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/team-xbmc-ppa-trusty.list it shows:

Quote:deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu trusty main

So I looked in the Kodi repository in http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/u...4/Packages and found this in the list of packages:

Quote:Package: kodi-pvr-hts
Priority: extra
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 766
Maintainer: Arne Morten Kvarving <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.17-1~trusty
Replaces: kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts (<< 2.1.17)
Provides: kodi-pvr-hts, kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
Breaks: kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts (<< 2.1.17)
Filename: pool/main/k/kodi-pvr-hts/kodi-pvr-hts_2.1.17-1~trusty_amd64.deb
Size: 166046
MD5sum: 1c519c7b41629db26d2b53804058ef21
SHA1: 4b11f87aaf95b6455fb0e9b121708e134808e25d
SHA256: 855d233ae5ea37f62fb349a0981391a158d87b78094faeea5adc1bb60bb87168
Description: TVHeadEnd PVR for Kodi
Description-md5: 74e0e413456d0c4285a0d81a5ef1c215

But it would appear that what we need is version 2.2.8 (though not sure if that's correct for Isengard), so my question is, is this something we have to download and install manually, or should it just automatically show up in the repository soon? I'm never quite sure how this all works. Thanks!

EDIT: It appears I need to clarify that what I am asking is whether there is any way for a user to install this yet. The only way I know how to install addons in Kodi are from the Kodi repository using Update Manager or apt-get, or from the Kodi addon repository (I guess PVR addons aren't stored there anymore), or if an addon can be downloaded and installed from a zip file I know how to do that from within Kodi's interface. I can also download and copy files to a specific directory if absolutely necessary. If there isn't any way to install it yet using one of those methods, and I just have to wait for it to show up in the repository that's fine, but I don't have any idea how to use any kind of developer tools, and code is about as readable to me as some long lost ancient language. And I am old (probably about the same age as some of your grandfathers) so I'm probably not going to learn to code in this lifetime. All I'm really wanting to know is if there's some way to install it now (as a user) and I'm just not seeing it. I do know how to add a different repository using the add-apt-repository command, if necessary, but I would need to know the name of the repository (the part that starts with ppa:).
You either...

1. build it yourself.

Or

2. Wait for a PPA to carry it.

(2015-09-21, 20:20)birdwatcher Wrote: negge, thank you for fixing this and thank you to all who helped in some way. It's very much appreciated.

Quick question, how do you get and install the fixed version? I had hoped it would just show up in the repository but I tried this:

Quote:$ sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
kodi-pvr-hts is already the newest version.

In my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/team-xbmc-ppa-trusty.list it shows:

Quote:deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu trusty main

So I looked in the Kodi repository in http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/u...4/Packages and found this in the list of packages:

Quote:Package: kodi-pvr-hts
Priority: extra
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 766
Maintainer: Arne Morten Kvarving <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.17-1~trusty
Replaces: kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts (<< 2.1.17)
Provides: kodi-pvr-hts, kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
Breaks: kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts (<< 2.1.17)
Filename: pool/main/k/kodi-pvr-hts/kodi-pvr-hts_2.1.17-1~trusty_amd64.deb
Size: 166046
MD5sum: 1c519c7b41629db26d2b53804058ef21
SHA1: 4b11f87aaf95b6455fb0e9b121708e134808e25d
SHA256: 855d233ae5ea37f62fb349a0981391a158d87b78094faeea5adc1bb60bb87168
Description: TVHeadEnd PVR for Kodi
Description-md5: 74e0e413456d0c4285a0d81a5ef1c215

But it would appear that what we need is version 2.2.8, so my question is, is this something we have to download and install manually, or should it just automatically show up in the repository soon? I'm never quite sure how this all works. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip Steps is reseting the position to start of movie1