Req Random video play
It would be good to be able to randomly play videos in a directory. Or even TV shows (say like simpsons which don't require you to watch in order).
I am planning on working on an add-on with this functionality using the context menu. I will post a thread in the Add-ons section when I have somrthing.

The options I plan to include: Play Random by default will play a random episode from a selected show (tv library) or a random movie (movie library). If enabled in the options Play Random will display a list with the options to play: any watched episode, any watched episode from the selected show, any unwatched episode, any unwatched episode from the selected show, or any (un)watched episode. The movie list options to play: any watched movie, any unwatched movie, any movie. I also plan to add the option to display a Yes/No dialog before it starts playing. Selecting 'Yes' would play the selected the media; and selecting 'No' would reroll and return a new result.
I have made a script to play a random video from any sort of list, and a context item to fire it off: script.playrandomvideos and context.playrandomvideo. Have a look and tell me what you think.

@curti I didn't mean to step on your toes with this, I've just had this code around for a bit and this prompted me to finally clean it up for release, maybe avoid some duplicated effort. What do you think of my approach?
(2015-09-12, 07:33)rmrector Wrote: @curti I didn't mean to step on your toes with this, I've just had this code around for a bit and this prompted me to finally clean it up for release, maybe avoid some duplicated effort. What do you think of my approach?

No worries; options are good but I only wish you posted this sooner. I just finished up an alpha version for my add-on. Yours looks more flexible with the option to be used by other add-ons/skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random video play0