• 1(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi
As the topic says. If you want to AirPlay content from your iOS device to Kodi then you should NOT update that device to iOS 9 until it is cleared here in this thread.

I am moving cities in a couple of days and will not be able to check it out for at least 2 month.

Be warned...

Update: AirPlay of Pictures, Music and Videos is broken when using iOS 9 devices as of user reports. For music support his issue in our used 3rd party library needs to be fixed:

https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues/43

Be warned i have given that URL only for watching progress - not for spamming the poor developer of that library.

Update1:
There is a nice article which tells people what apple did. It really might be finally a reason to drop airplay support in Kodi imo. Its not only annoying but its a time killer:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/11/apple-ios-...mirroring/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm on 9.1 beta 1 and'll check this this evening...
there are already reports here somewhere that it doesn't work - but no problem if you could back this fact up.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I can confirm it doesn't work here.
Sorry for the late answer,

It doesn't work for me
no pictures no videos and no audio? or does anything of that work?
I only tested Spotify AirPlay to kodi. seems like nothing gets sent to kodi at all.
just tested ipad air2 ios 9.0 and spotify .... not working :-(
What about something other than spotify?
I want feedback for the common apple apps (music, pictures, safari). My ipad mini retina doesn't show ios9 as an update option yet.
Unfortunately, music and pictures do not work. Neither do videos. I tried safari and it didn't work either (safari could be me not doing it right though as I never airplayed from safari).

It still works from Itunes 12.2.2 though.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Well then ... maybe finally the end of airplay support and getting rid of this burden Wink
Sad 
(2015-09-18, 16:10)Memphiz Wrote: Well then ... maybe finally the end of airplay support and getting rid of this burden Wink

Oh No please......... !

I love air playing to my replay TV application to Kodi ....

Remember, you were defeatist when iOs 8 was launched and you did it successfully.....

If you need some tests from Airplay users and if i can help....
(2015-09-18, 16:46)frarev Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 16:10)Memphiz Wrote: Well then ... maybe finally the end of airplay support and getting rid of this burden Wink

Oh No please......... !

I love air playing to my replay TV application to Kodi ....

Remember, you were defeatist when iOs 8 was launched and you did it successfully.....

If you need some tests from Airplay users and if i can help....

Agreed. The AirPlay support is one of the main functions I use...it's great. If you need any testing etc...
If i tell people to not update to ios9 and they do ... what else can i do to get rid of this shit? Honestly. I have done a sticky thread here to warn people - and they will not read or recognize it. So please gimme a break ... And no i don't need testing - i need someone to fix it ...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi3