• 2(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi
No worries, I (and I assume others) were well aware that the upgrade will break airplay support. Hopefully someone can join forces with you for a solution. A openelec-only solution may be shariplay?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Same issue here... any plan ?
I assume that it would work if we set Kodi as an audio only receiver, just have to fire up a new build to test that.

By the way: Have you seen this project?
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
yes and i was in contact with espes already... not a vaild solution for us as it needs the airtunesd binary (you break apple law when distributing/using it) and it only worked for ios8
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Compiling with features 0x9 doesn't work for me. iOS detects the receiver but Kodi doesn't receive anything.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
look at the link i posted in the initial post. There needs to be at least one change to libshairplay to get audio working again (maybe more).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It does not look good: https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issu...-141896547
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Updated first post with the article to 9to5mac
https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issu...-142062312
i saw it - i tried it - i failed ... see my comment on the shairplay issue...
The App AirReceiver by felix long supports iOS 9 now so apparently it can be done. But if it is so much work it's probably fair to just leave it out.
Hey memphiz,

I'm wondering if you could use a code snippet from shairport sync. It's a fork of shairport. And when I got it correct, shairplay is also a "fork" of shairport.
With shairport-sync you could only use airplay v1, so audio only. But since iOS 8 I think everyone can/must live with that.
With shairport sync I can use airplay with iOS 9 (all betas and even 9.1 beta). So if shairport-sync and shairplay are not too much drifted away in code, maybe some hints are hidden in the shairport-s. Repo.
Hope it helps because I would prefer to have builtin airplay than own daemon for airplay.
Maybe some worth? who knows.

https://github.com/stephen/airsonos/issues

https://github.com/stephen/nodetunes/issues/1

As mentioned might just need to be Audio only which would very much be better than nothing at all since Audio is a handy feature for those of us using Kodi in our Whole House Audio systems.
Video never worked 100% properly for me so I relegated to only using audio only.
i can solve audio only already (but we loose metadata support - no duration, no progress informstion, no title, no album, no artist, no thumbnail). The reason why audio doesn't work is because kodi announces video/picture support aswell and that activates that new handshake stuff in ios9 which also makes audio unusable.

So thanks for alle the tips but if they are related to audio only projects it won't help (because i can already sort of solve this but we loose complete video/picture support for all ios versions if i do so).

afaik there are not many open source projects who allowed video/picture airplay up to ios8 - might be Kodi is the only project hat can do this. So i think we/i are/am on my own..
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi3