• 5(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi
Where can I find that setting, I downloaded the 10/15 nightly build and don't see it in the airplay section. Is there another place I should be looking?
Have you tried changing the settings level in the bottom left corner?
Thank you so far, sounds great!

I am using Kodi on a raspberry pi (via OSMC).
Is there an easy way to install the nightly builds?
I can`t find an option to change the update-settings (like in raspbmc).

Thanks in advance.
Hey does this only work with iOS 9? I'm running iOS 9.1 and I've got the problem, that my iPhone can find my AppleTV but there is no music coming out of the Speakers. If i use iTunes ore airfoil it works great. Im able to find the "iOS 8 compatibility option", but also doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Hearing music over Airplay would be enough.
(2015-10-16, 15:25)Memphiz Wrote: I have at least restored audio capabilities for ios9 clients in current nightly builds (since yesterday iirc). There is a new setting in the airplay settings. It should be called "Enable AirPlay Video and Picture support" - just in case our transaltors didn't update the translation yet the setting might still be called "iOS 8 compatibility mode".

For allowing ios9 clients to stream audio this setting has to be turned off. But as said - there is no progress, metadata, thumbnail support with ios9 clients anymore.

Thanks! Just tested working for me on Windows with build KodiSetup-20151022-8879d99-master.exe

Now to decide if i take the risk of upgrading my main HTPC with the nightly to get airplay working again...
Hey guys, if anyone is using Kodi on Windows like me and wants to use AirPlay for music... I figured out a workaround (maybe other people have suggested it already but I'll post it in case it can help someone else!)

Just make sure iTunes is opened before opening Kodi. Then, instead of using the music app on your iPhone, use the Remote app (download it if you don't have it, this app allows you to control your iTunes library from your iPhone...) and within the Remote app, enable AirPlay and play a song! (Or you can enable AirPlay on iTunes beforehand, same thing.) There's literally no inconvenience to this method IMO, same end result (you do get media info in Kodi)
(2015-10-16, 15:25)Memphiz Wrote: I have at least restored audio capabilities for ios9 clients in current nightly builds (since yesterday iirc). There is a new setting in the airplay settings. It should be called "Enable AirPlay Video and Picture support" - just in case our transaltors didn't update the translation yet the setting might still be called "iOS 8 compatibility mode".

For allowing ios9 clients to stream audio this setting has to be turned off. But as said - there is no progress, metadata, thumbnail support with ios9 clients anymore.

Many thanks for this. I have updated from 15.2 to the latest nightly build of 16.0 (http://kodi.tv/download/#devbuilds) on my Amazon Fire TV and can confirm that AirPlay audio is working again Smile

One note: You have to have settings level set to "Expert" to be able to find the new setting "Enable AirPlay Video and Picture Support" which must be disabled if you are using iOS 9 or later. I am using the latest 9.1 and all working well Smile
What about Raspberry PI 2? Any work build?
(2015-10-24, 17:57)Diemetrik Wrote: What about Raspberry PI 2? Any work build?

I suspect the Milhouse nightly builds will have audio support with iOS9. See here.
(2015-10-24, 19:16)popcornmix Wrote:

I suspect the Milhouse nightly builds will have audio support with iOS9. See here.

On latest Milhouse build iOS 9 audio doesn't work.
(2015-10-24, 19:29)Diemetrik Wrote: On latest Milhouse build iOS 9 audio doesn't work.

PR8180 should be present.
Did you disable "Enable AirPlay Video and Picture support" in settings?
Now work. After 3 kodi reboot and iPhone one time. Thanks to all
(2015-10-24, 08:51)unheeding Wrote: Hey guys, if anyone is using Kodi on Windows like me and wants to use AirPlay for music... I figured out a workaround (maybe other people have suggested it already but I'll post it in case it can help someone else!)

Just make sure iTunes is opened before opening Kodi. Then, instead of using the music app on your iPhone, use the Remote app (download it if you don't have it, this app allows you to control your iTunes library from your iPhone...) and within the Remote app, enable AirPlay and play a song! (Or you can enable AirPlay on iTunes beforehand, same thing.) There's literally no inconvenience to this method IMO, same end result (you do get media info in Kodi)

Don't think that helps when you want to play music/audio that isn't in your iTunes library? ie Spotify, or similar?
(2015-10-25, 05:26)ferni Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 08:51)unheeding Wrote: Hey guys, if anyone is using Kodi on Windows like me and wants to use AirPlay for music... I figured out a workaround (maybe other people have suggested it already but I'll post it in case it can help someone else!)

Don't think that helps when you want to play music/audio that isn't in your iTunes library? ie Spotify, or similar?

100% of the music I listen to is in my iTunes library so I wasn't thinking about those options, but yeah, what I suggested would only work with iTunes.

Upgrate to the tag with my own branch yet.. could check it out.
https://github.com/cardmaster/OpenELEC.t...tag/v0.1.2
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi3