• 16(current)
Kodi on the new AppleTV4
Oh my god. This means no. And MrMc is useless on 3D TVs
Can we install superrepo repository and instal Genesis add ons on MRMC on apple tv 4 ?
You can't.
Does anyone know how to set up sharing files on one's network in MrMC? I have a Mac and can't figure it out. I also can't seem to get into the MrMC forums.
no repos at all on MRMC only video files local. Its a striped down version of Kodi! good start!
i should make a thread and do a poll asking how many people use add on's and how many JUST use it to stream content from their local nas or attached storage device.

TBH, the add on thing is nice for some things but 90% of it i believe is used just to stream illegal content (movies, tv shows ) for free. who knows. im one of the people that rarely ever uses add on's. a while back i used to use a youtube add on when i had a home built HTPC but now, i use a amazon fire tv, so i just use the youtube app.

I've been thinking that, there should be two KODI verisons. i know that sounds kinda silly for many. there should be one like mrmc (call it kodi lite) and use that for device partners to pre-install on the set top boxes. im pretty sure no big name brand will want to include software that allows users to add sketchy repositories that give out illegal content.

idk, its 3am right now where i am. but i thought, this would be a good idea. instead of having to rely on forks, the main kodi group could release 2 versions. being that kodi is open source, people can still build forks as they please, but being there would be a "lite" version made and maintained, we dont have to worry about say one dev or group to keep pushing updates to it when the main one will always be maintained.
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
This is the best business decision I have seen made in quite a while, I hope it influences mainline Kodi as well to stop the Brand name being trashed once again.
(2015-11-02, 19:22)MrMC Wrote:
(2015-11-02, 17:36)Memphiz Wrote: MrMc is not Kodi - it has Python addons Stripped off for example and other stuff which makes it Apple AppStore compliant...

Memphiz is correct, python has been stripped. Major no-no for App Store. Unfortunately the existing Kodi python/addons structure has become a haven for pirates and parasites looking to make quick profits with little effort so I am glad to see it get nuked. There is a plan for a replacement addons concept that is acceptable in the App Store. While this will not make the first release, it is defiantly on the list to complete. It will knock your socks off and result in many utterances of OMFG and that's all I will say for now.

You mean no add-ons period? Hope not as there are several legal Kodi video & program add-ons I rely on. Maybe what Kodi foundation needs is a new system by which they need to sign/approve add-ons before they function. Maybe this goes against open source, open community though.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-11, 15:37)hdmkv Wrote: You mean no add-ons period? Hope not as there are several legal Kodi video & program add-ons I rely on. Maybe what Kodi foundation needs is a new system by which they need to sign/approve add-ons before they function. Maybe this goes against open source, open community though.

Python has been removed from MrMC. So no add-ons period!

Apple would never have let it in the app store otherwise, so I guess its a price you pay.

Interested in what the future holds of course.
I was replying to wrxtasy's suggestion I think of doing away with add-ons altogether from Kodi... which I could live with, but wouldn't want as I do rely on several legal add-ons.

(2015-12-09, 20:14)Ned Scott Wrote: Apple TV 4 doesn't support DTS-MA or TrueHD audio. None of Apple's systems do.
(2015-12-09, 21:20)MrMC Wrote: Our tests show different Smile
Seriously??!! Actual bitstreaming?
My HT
Forgive my ignorance, but if someone has bothered with porting a stripped down version of Kodi to be accepted by Apple, why can't a full version just be sideloaded unofficially?
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
what about 3d mvc ? :p
@beemarp, it may be possible at some point.

@Skank, so far, no, but I'm planning to join mrmc.tv forum & ask there.
My HT
I just wonder how much more work would need to go into it? More than what MrMC has already done? Maybe there is a lot more to it, I'm not a programmer so forgive my ignorance Undecided. I just think the ATV Kodi community should be concentrated on sideloading only. Who cares what Apple approves?
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
(2015-12-11, 16:49)beemarp Wrote: I just wonder how much more work would need to go into it? More than what MrMC has already done? Maybe there is a lot more to it, I'm not a programmer so forgive my ignorance Undecided. I just think the ATV Kodi community should be concentrated on sideloading only. Who cares what Apple approves?

Although MrMC is opensource, its also a paid for app on the app store.

I'm just guessing, but the former team members who set it up are hoping to make a business out of it. I believe its also possible to side-load it for free if you are that way technically inclined.

Some fixes have already made it back into Kodi mainline, so this isn't such a bad thing at all Wink
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on the new AppleTV45