• 4(current)
Kodi on the new AppleTV4
(2015-10-08, 19:17)yanniks Wrote: If there are interested users, I can try start working on it.

Yes VERY interested. Please keep up the good work. Much appreciated!
MrMC,

Thanks for the info, would you have a launcher to maybe launch the other apps on the AppleTV, like on the android Wink

Appreciate what you do for us Wink

Jeff
Wow, this is great news! The only add-on I'm looking for is mythtv PVR support. With that feature I could get rid of my FireTV altogether. Once MrMC's code is open, I imagine there will be a version of Kodi that I could compile that would fit the bill within a month or two.
MrMC fork will include pvr Smile
I'm really looking forward to it now! We use the FireTV mostly for Kodi to watch MythTV, with the occasional Amazon Prime show. With AppleTV, I will get Apple's ecosystem for the occasional show I buy, MrMC for MythTV, and I can AirPlay the Prime content from my phone. Plus all the other AppStore goodies that I'm sure will come. My FireTV might as well be on eBay right now!
(2015-11-02, 17:57)MrMC Wrote: MrMC is a fork/rebrand/refactor of Kodi. All offending sins have been purged from the codebase. So some features of Kodi might not be present. This lets us get into the App Store, not only for TVOS but iOS and OSX as well. Our timeline is a few weeks, basics are up and stable. Just some minor issues to resolve.

Would you be able to list what's been removed? I'll be picking up an ATV4 to have a tinker with and obviously want Kodi on it as much as everyone else does, but I'm more than happy to use your fork if it satisfies my needs. I just need to know if it does or not Big Grin

Thanks and keep up the good work!
this would be awesome! I think everyone wants Kodi for the add-ons!
(2015-11-03, 08:13)zerolimit Wrote: this would be awesome! I think everyone wants Kodi for the add-ons!

As MrMC mentioned, the addon support has been removed to make it fit with the Appstore rules. Still I only use Kodi for playback, so I would be very happy if at least SMB support + playback works.

Of course, we'll also have Infuse coming up on ATV4, but if I don't like the interface on iOS, too crude for NAS shares.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
Thumbs Up 
(2015-11-03, 06:55)MrMC Wrote: MrMC fork will include pvr Smile

Great to see you davilla and thanks everyone for working on a port for atv4. Excited to see pvr support. Also available for beta testing. Nod
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Tongue 
(2015-11-03, 11:37)activate Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 06:55)MrMC Wrote: MrMC fork will include pvr Smile

Great to see you davilla and thanks everyone for working on a port for atv4. Excited to see pvr support. Also available for beta testing. Nod

Would be nice if Apple get their act together and allows beta testing via Testflight.

Also willing to help here Tongue
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2015-11-03, 09:28)loekf Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 08:13)zerolimit Wrote: this would be awesome! I think everyone wants Kodi for the add-ons!

As MrMC mentioned, the addon support has been removed to make it fit with the Appstore rules. Still I only use Kodi for playback, so I would be very happy if at least SMB support + playback works.

Of course, we'll also have Infuse coming up on ATV4, but if I don't like the interface on iOS, too crude for NAS shares.

smb as well as nfs will be present. also mysql setup is moved into the gui for setting up a shared database.
This is awesome. Super excited to get MrMC/Kodi working in my AppleTV. A couple questions I'm wondering:

- Will your fork retain the ability to install skins? If so, how will we get them downloaded?
- I'm assuming all customizations that happens in the advancedsettings camp file will either have to be moved to the GUI or left out right?

Regardless of the above, this is awesome work, huge thanks to you for all your hard work.
(2015-11-03, 16:09)staycrunchy Wrote: This is awesome. Super excited to get MrMC/Kodi working in my AppleTV. A couple questions I'm wondering:

- Will your fork retain the ability to install skins? If so, how will we get them downloaded?
- I'm assuming all customizations that happens in the advancedsettings camp file will either have to be moved to the GUI or left out right?

Regardless of the above, this is awesome work, huge thanks to you for all your hard work.

User downloaded skins... not for the first release. In theory, skins are just xml descriptors that do not contain executable code. That would be permitted under App Store rules. But if you dig into most skins, they contain python code and that will not be possible. Also there is a 200MB app limit (enforced) so we do have to watch our installed footprint.

Die advancedsettings.xml, die Smile Anything we need from there moves to GUI, such as mysql setup.
Hi davilla
Wow, great news!!
if you need any help or support in any way, i would be glad to help out.
(2015-11-03, 16:33)MrMC Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 16:09)staycrunchy Wrote: This is awesome. Super excited to get MrMC/Kodi working in my AppleTV. A couple questions I'm wondering:

User downloaded skins... not for the first release. In theory, skins are just xml descriptors that do not contain executable code. That would be permitted under App Store rules. But if you dig into most skins, they contain python code and that will not be possible. Also there is a 200MB app limit (enforced) so we do have to watch our installed footprint.

Die advancedsettings.xml, die Smile Anything we need from there moves to GUI, such as mysql setup.

I thought an app could load more assets (from iCloud) after the inital 200 MB max. download. AFAIK, the downloadable assets are managed into some kind of pool to avoid the ATV would run out of storage. So, if a running app needs assests, assets from non-running apps are "paged out" (removed).

Wrt advancedsettings.xml, so you moved the buffer and redraw stuff to formal GUI settings ? Finally !! Hopefully this will end up into Kodi as well. Fixing buffering issues on e.g. the Shield is PITA.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on the new AppleTV45