• 14(current)
Kodi on the new AppleTV4
(2015-11-17, 17:44)zag Wrote: The site to discuss the MrMC fork directly is here:

http://mrmc.tv/forum/

Its an opensource GPL project, so I wish them luck!

Here is link.
Hi,

what about the TVHeadend plugin, which is included in the original Kodi. I'd love to watch TV and use the DVR feature via my ATV4 ... ist that still in the MrMc app?
My prediction for Kodi on the Apple TV 4 - Don't get your hopes up for it to arrive in 2015! Maybe sometime in the first quarter of 2016, maybe.
ohhh interesting - are you working on it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No, and if I was I wouldn't be wasting time in the forums talking to people I would be working on completing it as soon as I could. But if you or someone else is and can beat my prediction then hats off to it. Since it seems like there hasn't been any real talk about whether someone is working on it so I guess my prediction will be right on the money. Care to refute it? Please do!
I would not bet on Memphiz, he's good. besides he's a friend of MrMC Smile
@belltechdave

Well i obviously am not inventing the wheel the second time. Thats why i don't do any predictions. As soon as there is mrmc tvos code on github i will start working on it (which means always when i have time for it). The only prediction i have is "not this year" - i can ensure that because of my personal schedule for december Wink.

Anyone who is working on kodi for tvos now would waste his time (the goal is to have mrmc and kodi in sync as much as possible...).

So i continue to post here from time to time and that does not mean i am to lazy to do some real work if you mean that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
well damn this thread took a salty turn! Im just glad it´s being worked on, and comming! Using my nuc side by side with the atv4 untill then.

That being said, the sooner the better =)

Also nice to hear mrmc and kodi following eachother and keeping the updates the same when released!
(2015-11-24, 01:50)MrMC Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: You mentioned buffering once before, but does your build have any issues with playing full Blu Ray rips? Ive had had trouble with both remuxed MP4s and homestreaming and Plex (Direct) but only on some movies, yet my ATV3 was fine with the same things via homesharing and plex connect. It seems to be a buffering issue with the ATV4. Since you are directly playing from a file share and not streaming it might not be an issue but I don't know how the internal atv4 player bits work?

what can I say, plex sucks Smile I don't see any issues with buffering.

Thanks for the response. i dont disagree on plex but it was the only option for my ATV3.

I think the issue was with the native player, which kodi or mrmc wouldnt use...
Cool, looking forward to giving this a whirl.

FYI the MrMC forum registration is broken, the confirmation code doesn't display.
fixed
Mrmc is now up, now just the source code released then whenever Memphiz is free his fingers can do the walking
Just downloaded it - yea!!!! Gonna go playSmile
download what ?
Yeah,

If we can get MrMC sideloaded onto ATV4 supporting plugins then that will be the holy grail and will catapult the appletv4 back to the lofty hights the atv2 emjoyed back in the day.

Best of both worlds would be all the ATV4 goodiness with Kodi and no jailbreak just like on IOS
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on the new AppleTV45