Kodi, HDHomerun Prime, & Schedules Direct?
I have a HTN consisting of a HDHomerun Prime unit with a cablecard as well as a pair of NUCs running windows 7 (one is a Media Server running Plex and MediaPortal and the other is a MediaDownloader with SABnzbd, Couchpotato, SickRage and Headphones running on it) feeding several Kodi's in different rooms.

Though I am very satisfied with the HDHomerun unit itself, I am not really satisfied with the MediaPortal/HDHomerun Prime part of my set up (could never get NextPVR to work properly). I feel it is a level of complexity that I don't actually need since I don't really do any recording and it tends to be the most unstable part of my whole setup.

What I use Live TV for is primarily watching live sporting events. I really like the HDHomerun addon except I am frustrated with it's EPG because you can't see the whole schedule. That makes it rather hard to browse for sporting events.

What I would like to be able to do is decommission the MediaPortal installation and just link my HDHomerun Prime unit to my SchedulesDirect account. Can anyone tell me if this is possible through one of the Kodi EPG addons and step me through how to set it up?

Many thanks
I have the exact, same requirement.. I'll post if I find any info. Would you please do same?

TIA
Like minded thinkers as I have the same requests. Next PVR working fine on 2 computers, but slow on an older computer running windows 10 so I uninstalled Next PVR. The Homerun add on works very well, but "unable to fetch guide data". Since no guide and TV working well without Next PVR, I was hoping to use Schedules Direct to get a working EPG. Is that possible?
Not directly, no. You can use the IPTV PVR client, and create a m3u playlist of the HTTP streams for the prime. Then you can use something like tv_grab_na_dd to get your Schedules Direct data into XMLTV format.

But your best bet is to use a full PVR.
Thank you so much for the quick response! If I stick with just the Homerun add on I should be able to have an EPG. What could I be doing wrong that I can see TV, but "unable to fetch program data". I've installed and uninstalled HD Homerun software from Silicon website, but I don't think I need it with the Kodi add on. Regardless no program guide. Is there something I'm missing or is my only option to reinstall Next PVR? I did read that I may need to remove the cable card prior to installing HD Homerun software . . . would that include removing the cable card for the HD Homerun Kodi add on? Thanks again as I'll keep searching and experimenting until I get it working.
No need to remove the cable card, and it depends if you're using the PVR addon or SD's View addon.
Which version of kodi?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi, HDHomerun Prime, & Schedules Direct?0