sumvision nano 2
hi
i cant get the home screen on this nano 2. i just get xbmc in red and then it moves me to the blue screen with programs, videos etc. i want to put kodi on but i cant seem to find a factory reset. i cant find the browser which is usually on home screen. could someone tell me how to factory reset this box pleeeeeeeez.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
you should probably ask the vendor of the box on how to factory reset it. Kodi is only an app that runs on top of the OS (Android in your case) and we have no influence on that. Also we have no idea in which way the vendor messed either with Kodi or Android - so we can't help. In addition, the website of the vendor gives some indication that this box is shipped with illegal add-ons which we don't give support for.
If it says XBMC in red on when booting up then you'll have MX Linux on it, not Android. You'll have to prepare an SD card to either revert to Android or upgrade to a later version of MX Linux.

I believe, but I am not 100% sure, that the the Nano Slim 2 is the same as the MyGica ATV520 and WiFi does not work on later editions of MX Linux (post Frodo).

You may be able to revert to Android if you find the right files to put on an SD card.

You should be able to get to Android recovery by typing "reboot recovery" into a SSH shell prompt (using PuTTY) or by depressing the reset button whilst applying power.

There is no such thing as factory reset without the correct files on an SD card and installing them via recovery.

If I were you, I'd just stick with what you have or buy a newer box because Kodi under Android on that box will run like a dog. If you can do without the built-in WiFi then by all means upgrade to a newer version of MX Linux which may have acceptable performance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sumvision nano 20