• 100(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-02-21, 13:57)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 13:51)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 13:39)noggin Wrote: Just done the OTA update, and for the first time I've got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bitstreamed from my Core to my Onkyo amp - from both Blu-ray folders and MKVs. Haven't watched for long enough to judge if they are 24.000 or 23.976 output. This is with the Wetek Media Player fork of Kodi. When watching one Blu-ray Folder and skipping between chapters I got a total crash.

I do notice A/V sync errors in Live TV with a TV Headend PVR client (this is watching 720/50p with AC3 audio)

noggin

Please can you provide wetek mediaplayer.log so we can check about that crash.

Thanks

Yes - is there a guide to enabling it (if needed), and getting it off the box?

Hi noggin,

Connect by telnet to Core and search for mediaplayer.log :

find / -name mediaplayer.log

Later you can transfer it by FTP

WeTek Media Player package is named as com.wetek.mediaplayer
(2016-02-21, 08:27)ChristianTroy Wrote: @para-dox
what I suggest is using a modified advancedsettings.xml with increased buffering.

I use this with my Core that is in the living room (and the router in my bedroom), ~5mt distance with 2 brick walls in the middle and have no problems with high bitrate videos too (will take a bit longer to load those videos obviously but it does not buffer during playback) -> http://pastebin.com/raw/7Z0dCMCT

Awesome! And like a noob i'm gonna ask, how do i switch the original file for the modified version? I'm assuming it involves using the an SD card loaded with the file?
Nope, all you need is connect by telnet and change it through vi or nano editor, or create on PC .xml file and transfer it to Kodi folder in Core over FTP.
(2016-02-21, 18:23)droidelec Wrote: Nope, all you need is connect by telnet and change it through vi or nano editor, or create on PC .xml file and transfer it to Kodi folder in Core over FTP.

Wow, never done anything of the sort. Gonna have to read a bit and ask you guys for directions.
(2016-02-21, 18:23)droidelec Wrote: Nope, all you need is connect by telnet and change it through vi or nano editor, or create on PC .xml file and transfer it to Kodi folder in Core over FTP.
Far far easier than that Wink

- advancedsettings.xml, Plain Text File, edit on a PC, save to usb stick, plug into Core and use Kodi's file manager to transfer it straight into the correct "Profile" directory on the right hand side of the screen.

(2016-02-21, 19:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
Far far easier than that Wink

- advancedsettings.xml, Plain Text File, edit on a PC, save to usb stick, plug into Core and use Kodi's file manager to transfer it straight into the correct "Profile" directory on the right hand side of the screen.

Nah - telnet + nano easier. No need to get off the sofa!
Android has no Nano Sad
And I personally hate the Vi text editor....

Agreed on vi, horrible thing.

Easiest route for me on advanced settings is text file on network share and then use kodi's file manager to copy onto device. Same procedure regardless of device.
I've been testing some HDMI CEC control work that has been completed by the OE developer gdachs over the last week.
The Pulse8 libCEC driver has been re-written for the WeTek Play and the Core and there have been AML Kernel patches as well for those devices, so you can access HDMI CEC functions to control AVR volume using a TV remote for example.

The Menu > Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter
Now reappears in OE / Kodi, for CEC Adapter configuration as well.

A test .tar update of OE / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Final can be downloaded from HERE

Nice work gdachs Smile

Yes, gda made wonderful work on libcec driver for Core and Play. Works perfect at our Samsung/LG testing TV's
(2016-02-22, 07:20)wrxtasy Wrote: I've been testing some HDMI CEC control work that has been completed by the OE developer gdachs over the last week.
The Pulse8 libCEC driver has been re-written for the WeTek Play and the Core and there have been AML Kernel patches as well for those devices, so you can access HDMI CEC functions to control AVR volume using a TV remote for example.

Nice work gdachs Smile

Great news. Is this likely to appear on the C1/C1+ (and C2?) OE builds?

Remote AVR volume control is a major benefit of CEC, particularly when you are bitstreaming audio and thus the Kodi internal volume control is inhibited.
My TV remote already controls the AVR volume without having to do nothing but using the ARC port.
(2016-02-22, 12:08)ChristianTroy Wrote: My TV remote already controls the AVR volume without having to do nothing but using the ARC port.

Yes - but not all TVs have ARC. I'm running a c.2008 Sony 40W4000 as my secondary display - very nice LCD with proper 24p support (minimal picture-mangling digital processing - no Motion Flow etc.) - but it doesn't have ARC.

Also - if I have to switch from my Kodi remote solution to my TV remote to change the volume of my AVR then I may was well pick up the AVR remote. Some of us ONLY use CEC for remote AVR volume control from Kodi as we use smartphone remotes OR alternative input solutions like little RF keyboards, or favourite IR remotes with more keys than our TVs have for CEC remote control (personally I love the TivoSlide Pro and the Sony PS 3 Blu-ray BD remotes for Kodi). I find using my TV remote to control Kodi over CEC quite limiting so don't use CEC for that! (Not enough short cut keys)
(2016-02-22, 11:59)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 07:20)wrxtasy Wrote: I've been testing some HDMI CEC control work that has been completed by the OE developer gdachs over the last week.

Nice work gdachs Smile

Great news. Is this likely to appear on the C1/C1+ (and C2?) OE builds?

Remote AVR volume control is a major benefit of CEC, particularly when you are bitstreaming audio and thus the Kodi internal volume control is inhibited.
Possibly for OE on the C2, the C1(+) Kernel has not had the required HDMI AML updates since release, and would require quite a bit of work. Compared to Codesnake who updates the WeTek AML Kernels quite regularly with new AML merges. Smile

Seems my post will be for 1500 posts at this thread Smile

Tested through weekend latest OTA for core and seems working perfect with this new feature boot menu Core become even easier to use and to switch from my favourite openelec to android which i use for netflix playback

Noggin did you try openelec on core with tvheadend addon, as i have openelec box from wetek and i am using it as tvheadend server, it works fine in combination with OE on Core
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4