• 110(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I think they might be in this thread already but are there links for Youtube and Netflix Android TV versions or can they be downloaded from the Play Store?
(2016-03-11, 17:44)schweppy Wrote: I think they might be in this thread already but are there links for Youtube and Netflix Android TV versions or can they be downloaded from the Play Store?
Android TV YouTube already comes with the Core Firmware, Netflix Android TV that has been massaged to work on the Core has a link over in the WeTek forums someplace.
(2016-03-11, 16:55)hdmkv Wrote: @fubag, I'd recommend WeTek Core now or upcoming Hub as you mention multiple OS (Android/OpenELEC). Also Netflix HD. But, last I tested, DVD/MPEG2 SD playback was poor on Core (jerky, juddery).
Some 25f/50ps DVD Movie Rips do play properly if you go into the movie playback OSD Video Settings and Disable (CPU software) deinterlacing completely.
This works on those Movie rips as there is no motion between the frames so no Software deinterlacing is actually needed. mpeg2 VOB files in DVDrips, default to software decoding.

You can actually save the Disable deinterlace setting for all video's too as other mpeg2 content such as Broadcast TV that needs deinterlacing still uses amcodec and the AMLogic VPU Hardware deinterlacer.
I need to submit a patch for this that I've forgotten, so this step will not be needed.

Is your latest version of openelec based on Jarvis RC4 the best one to be using? Or does Weteks media player currently have the advantage?
WeTek's Jarvis mediaplayer does all the HD Audio passthrough and HD Audio decoded to lossless Multichannel PCM Audio.
I've also been feeding some patches into it to correspond with the OE Kodi Jarvis version I distribute.

OpenELEC can only passthrough lossy 5.1 DD/AC3. It lacks the HD audio playback features currently.

I do find Networking and connecting to NFS and SMB file sharing on my iMAC better and more reliable with OpenELEC.
OpenELEC is a little bit smoother than Android Kodi. It always has been.

(2016-03-11, 18:52)wrxtasy Wrote: WeTek's Jarvis mediaplayer does all the HD Audio passthrough and HD Audio decoded to lossless Multichannel PCM Audio.
I've also been feeding some patches into it to correspond with the OE Kodi Jarvis version I distribute.

OpenELEC can only passthrough lossy 5.1 DD/AC3. It lacks the HD audio playback features currently.

I do find Networking and connecting to NFS and SMB file sharing on my iMAC better and more reliable with OpenELEC.
OpenELEC is a little bit smoother than Android Kodi. It always has been.

Ah that's great. Thanks for your help..again.

Looks like my last post came from my tapatalk account. Strange.
Hi
Looking to add some more grunt to my Kodi experience by upgrading the rpi2.
Currently looking at the shield tv and the core. The core currently leading the race due to a few shield bugs like the refresh issue with a mixed hdmi chain and core circa £50 cheaper.

The core appears to get a lot of software support to provide a strong kodi experience, but how long realistically will this support continue? Surely it's going to tail off soon for focus on the new products and development for future products?
Hi Daystreamer,

You dont need to worry as support will continue equally for all our devices same as for our first WeTek Play device which is released Loooong time ago. You still have periodical WeTek OS android updates for Play and regular OpenELEC releases for Play and OpenELEC Box.

WeTek Core will have as well official OpenELEC release starting from verion 7.0.
Brilliant. Thanks for the speedy response.
You are welcome, on first page of this thread You can read resume and there are as well links to review made by wrxtasy and hdmkv and their findings.
can someone comment on what comes in the Wetek Core box? on the Wetek website the Wetek Play is pretty obvious what you get, but am I safe to assume the same for the Core? Thanks
Hello fubag,

WeTek Core, Remote controller, Power adaptor with extensions for EU, USA and UK, QSG (Quick Start Guide), Update plastic pin tool and HDMI cable.
(2016-03-13, 01:57)droidelec Wrote: Hello fubag,

WeTek Core, Remote controller, Power adaptor with extensions for EU, USA and UK, QSG (Quick Start Guide), Update plastic pin tool and HDMI cable.

thanks for the reply guys! ive gone ahead and ordered a Core! hoping to support a company for a long future! Nod
You are welcome. In case you need any help not related directly to Kodi, you can visit our WeTek forums.
Can anyone help with my core, i am running openelec insgard final 15.2 from the wetek forum and i appear to be having some strange issue with some of my movies all of them having the issue appear to be with mp4 files, if i pause or fast forward the movie is starts going out of sync with the sound. All other formats work fine, i have a mixture of MKV's and all of these are ok. I have attached the medinfo file below. Is there an issue with mp4 video on the wetek core?? this is surprising as it will play anything else i throw at it, more larger files and much higher bitrate material. I have read elsewhere about issues with mp4 but this appear to be an amlogic issue, is this correct??

General
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 812 MiB
Duration : 1h 45mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 073 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:37
Tagged date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:37

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 975 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 7 101 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 536 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.059
Stream size : 738 MiB (91%)
Writing library : x264 core 135 r2 f0c1c53
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:37
Tagged date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:50
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 93.7 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 105 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 70.9 MiB (9%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:47
Tagged date : UTC 2014-01-29 08:18:50
Hi gaskell1066,

Can you post kodi.log?

To do that play that files and when issue happen please connect by SSH to device and execute this command:

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

And then copy/paste here URL.

Thanks
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4