• 112(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-03-15, 11:21)Bruc3led Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed, will remove that Software listed section completely as it looks like WeTek have changed the product description page for the Core since that was copied and posted at launch time last year.

The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.

think that version has stopped working now i read, mine gives error all the time, looks like they clocked on..
Just checked as I would be a bit upset if this were the case.
Netflix TV OS is still working for me here, I'm using the Interactive Governor.

Are you sure Netflix has not logged any sort of VPN's IP address you may be using and blocked it ?
Netflix are having a crackdown at the moment, I had to change my US Smart DNS server (Getflix) IP last week.

(2016-03-15, 12:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 11:21)Bruc3led Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed, will remove that Software listed section completely as it looks like WeTek have changed the product description page for the Core since that was copied and posted at launch time last year.

The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.

think that version has stopped working now i read, mine gives error all the time, looks like they clocked on..
Just checked as I would be a bit upset if this were the case.
Netflix TV OS is still working for me here, I'm using the Interactive Governor.

Are you sure Netflix has not logged any sort of VPN's IP address you may be using and blocked it ?
Netflix are having a crackdown at the moment, I had to change my US Smart DNS server (Getflix) IP last week.

Didnt use any VPN, it would play for 5 seconds and just straight to error message, which i then googled and people stated that its now been blocked...
I've have to give it another go then if its still working for you..
Maybe try a VPN then.
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.

Hmm, I just noticed ChristianTroy over at the wetek forums is telling people to use the one from the play store. Maybe something has changed since it's release?

I sure hope Netflix is in HD on this device because that is my number one reason for buying it. I already have 3 other Android tv boxes here and really don't need a 4th lying around, lol.

1. Netflix HD
2. Netflix 24p
3. Plex mobile app
4. Kodi
5. Lubuntu support
6. Affordable box.

Those were my top 6 reasons I purchased this thing, haha
(2016-03-15, 19:54)SkOrPn Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.

Hmm, I just noticed ChristianTroy over at the wetek forums is telling people to use the one from the play store. Maybe something has changed since it's release?

I sure hope Netflix is in HD on this device because that is my number one reason for buying it. I already have 3 other Android tv boxes here and really don't need a 4th lying around, lol.

1. Netflix HD
2. Netflix 24p
3. Plex mobile app
4. Kodi
5. Lubuntu support
6. Affordable box.

Those were my top 6 reasons I purchased this thing, haha

is there a place on the Wetek forums where ChristianTroy has been uploading his custom kernels and such too? its getting hard for me to track where everything is for this device, whether its on this forum or Weteks.
I have not found much on this device. Months ago it looked really promising, but now I'm getting kinda worried its just another device not getting the attention it deserves. Only time will tell.

I think they did a little over advertising, or false advertising. Netflix HD, Lubuntu, are things that I read into as already provided features, but not everyone seems to get that result.
SkOrPn beside Lubuntu about what more are you worried? Core is probably best supported device regarding Android and OpenELEC when we are ralking about AMLogic.

We delivered more than advertised, including HD Audio passthrough support Wink

All what you counted in your post before this last is working except Lubuntu, and honestly we have Lubuntu working on Core and we will make it public pretty soon, but hey I have some feeling you will come up with something else Smile

If you are not satisfied, please PM me here directly with invoice number and I will make sure that they refund You as you are so worried about Lubuntu which not exist, but also about other things which you named like non-existing which in fact working only on WeTek Core Wink
(2016-03-15, 20:39)fubag Wrote: is there a place on the Wetek forums where ChristianTroy has been uploading his custom kernels and such too? its getting hard for me to track where everything is for this device, whether its on this forum or Weteks.

If you were referring to the one I posted here, was for a public beta and it will become OTA update pretty soon.
I see a lot of people not getting Netflix HD. Or not getting the advertised 24p. My TV doesn't do HD audio so I'm not bothered by that. I just want HD at 24p so I can take advantage of my 1080p/24 TV.

More than advertised? Everything delivered so far was part of the advertising and some features not yet delivered. Wetek execs told lots of media folks that there would be a bunch of different operating systems to dual boot with Android. I just thought that meant out of the box, not a year or so later. But please don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about it and I still think this is my best option at this time. I just read into the advertising as features already available, not ones that I probably, maybe can look forward to. Make sense? That's why I asked cnx software to edit their articles to remove certain statements so as to not confuse any more consumers.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is this device looks and feels like it is more of a developers (wetek) beta "intro" device, and the real Core, with all the features implemented at release will be CORE v2. Maybe with S905-H or S912-H (bring it on please, lol). That is the feeling I am getting.
As long as you download app from Google Play store I am sure you will see HD playback and yes , working in 24p which was discussed many times here, very simple.
(2016-03-15, 21:35)ChristianTroy Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 20:39)fubag Wrote: is there a place on the Wetek forums where ChristianTroy has been uploading his custom kernels and such too? its getting hard for me to track where everything is for this device, whether its on this forum or Weteks.

If you were referring to the one I posted here, was for a public beta and it will become OTA update pretty soon.
Do you mean it will be OTA as an option, or OTA as part of the next OS update?
I have the Wetek Core and Netflix is running on HD and 24 using the experimental CT's kernel

Everything is working normally

Just downloaded the netflix app from playstore and works Smile

Thank you for your great support on kodi and wetek forums!

As far as I remember, Nobody at Wetek officially endorsed the Netflix Android TV apk that is floating around. Wrxtasy and others in the forums spoke a lot about it, and I believe I read one review somewhere that boasted about being able to use it.

I am one of the people who cannot use it. For some reason, that version appears to cause the CPU governor to freak out on some - but apparently not all - devices, causing the unit to deadlock. It does not matter which governor you use.While I was binging on The Walking Dead, I could go 3 or 4 episodes with no problem.. and then have constant lockups for the next couple. If I use the Play Store version, the first minute or so is touchy as the resolution ramps up, but after that it's smooth sailing.
If I do not use my VPN during Netflix playback I always get a minute or so while trying to ramp up to 1080p with multiple drops to crap 240p per hour. Its been like that on all my streaming devices, with some not ever even making it to 1080p, such as my WDTV Live. However, on the PC and on my Nexus Player it is near instant 1080p the moment the stream starts, so long my VPN is active. Its been like that on my ISP for years now (the only ISP in my area). I assume it is called ISP throttling, but no one admits my ISP does that, so I can only guess that is what is happening. I can only get decent connections from Netflix CDN's located in California as well. Go figure. On PIA (until Netflix started blocking their IP's) it was instant HD and maintained that HD 24/7 with never a hiccup. Now I am using NordVPN (because they have official dedicated Netflis VPN servers), and it seems to be similar, with near instant 1080p. I hope I get the same result from the Core, with the added bonus of 24hz.

So sick and tired of trying to get HD streaming on a 60/30 ISP account without needing to use tricky methods, special apps, etc, to do so. Wish I could go to sleep and not wake up until every connection on Earth is a minimum of 1 Gbps, up and down, lmao, would be nice. Maybe we wont be experiencing streaming issues then? That's what I get for buying 5 acres of land in a rural part of the world :/
(2016-03-16, 02:34)sdsnyr94 Wrote:

As far as I remember, Nobody at Wetek officially endorsed the Netflix Android TV apk that is floating around. Wrxtasy and others in the forums spoke a lot about it, and I believe I read one review somewhere that boasted about being able to use it.

I am one of the people who cannot use it. For some reason, that version appears to cause the CPU governor to freak out on some - but apparently not all - devices, causing the unit to deadlock. It does not matter which governor you use.While I was binging on The Walking Dead, I could go 3 or 4 episodes with no problem.. and then have constant lockups for the next couple. If I use the Play Store version, the first minute or so is touchy as the resolution ramps up, but after that it's smooth sailing.

the netflix android TV app no longer works on my core ether, i wish we could find a fix for it
(2016-03-15, 22:02)SkOrPn Wrote: Do you mean it will be OTA as an option, or OTA as part of the next OS update?

I'm not quite sure if I understood the question... the possibility to switch automatically the refresh rate to match the detected fps of the video can be toggled on/off (globally, or you can keep it on and disable it per app).
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4