• 68(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I've been using the Android Kodi for a while now because of the remote control bug (power and power off) that's been plaguing OpenELEC (even the great wrxtasy version of OE6+Isengard). Now that wrxtasy has released a new OE version (saw the change log and there was something about the remote control working Cool ) I might go back to OE. However, I did want to ask you guys which Kodi is better/better-featured concerning the Android Kodi on the Core: the WeTek Kodi (latest update installed) or the Kodi you get when you uninstall the Kodi that's preinstalled and get the one from the Play Store? I mean, if I understand correctly, the Kodi that was preinstalled to the Core updates only with Core FW updates whereas Kodi from Play Store gets updated on a more regular basis. On the other hand, I faintly remember someone saying in WeTek forums that the pre-installed Kodi might have some WeTek tweaks that might make it the better choice.

Any thoughts?
Yes I can confirm you can Power Off and Power ON with just the remote control with the OpenELEC Kodi I tested with my new OpenELEC Jarvis release.

The point you make about different Kodi Android versions for AMLogic devices comes down to bugs in the XBMC / Kodi code itself or left over workarounds from older lower powered AML Android devices. That code being no longer relevant for 2016 devices. Backwards compatibility must still be retained however even if it is a PITA.

MINIX with their custom XBMC Android releases, name them XBMC to bypass Kodi Trademark restrictions when the device is sold. They also sign the custom XBMC Android .apk differently so it does not interfere with Kodi or get Auto updated from the Google Play store. These custom XBMC versions contain a bunch of bug fixes, and MINIX specific tweaks you do not see in the vanilla Kodi Android releases. This is a very good thing for AMLogic MINIX users.

Which brings us to the WeTek Core. Christian Troy, the Wetek Android dev. Does compile a custom version of Android Kodi containing AML specific bug fixes and Core specific tweaks as well. This version cannot be shipped with the device, but can be Installed by end users.
I believe (could be mistaken) as soon as Kodi Autoupdates, this bug fixed version will get overwritten as it has the same .apk signature as the vanilla Google Play Kodi. I don't think it is just Firmware updates that affects it.

I've been trying to convince CT to sign the his custom version differently so this does not happen, possibly even name it something else would be beneficial too. A new Logo for visual differentiation would be needed.

@clickingfast
did you try a factory reset booting the device with the update button located on the bottom pressed? Anyway open a thread on wetekforums.com regarding this Smile
Where can I download the firmware upgrade so I can update my wetek using a pen drive instead of a micro sd card?
(2016-01-14, 15:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Here is the current implementation for anyone wanting to test:

OpenELEC 6.95.6 / Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC1

Note: no 3D stuff in this release yet !

A few of speedup tweaks in the Kernel and Kodi patches for quicker File browsing on ARM in there as well.
Oh and the nice tear free Mali GPU video Drivers in there also Smile

So to test your MPEG2 DVD .VOB/ISO fix using software decoding but AMLogic deinterlacing, what settings should I use?
Yeah - really curious on that :-) as I don't see code that actually would do that in kodi :-)

Nobody can output the timestamps for me?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-15, 11:09)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 15:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Here is the current implementation for anyone wanting to test:

A few of speedup tweaks in the Kernel and Kodi patches for quicker File browsing on ARM in there as well.

So to test your MPEG2 DVD .VOB/ISO fix using software decoding but AMLogic deinterlacing, what settings should I use?
Just update and test problematic DVD .ISO and see what happens. Don't change any settings, it should be all automatic.

@ fritsch, currently working on Jarvis and now a H265 Kernel issue Sad

Work can be combined. Fixing arround by black / whitelist won't bring us further.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-15, 11:08)HCarvalho Wrote: Where can I download the firmware upgrade so I can update my wetek using a pen drive instead of a micro sd card?

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...ta-updates
(2016-01-15, 08:04)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe (could be mistaken) as soon as Kodi Autoupdates, this bug fixed version will get overwritten as it has the same .apk signature as the vanilla Google Play Kodi. I don't think it is just Firmware updates that affects it.

I've been trying to convince CT to sign the his custom version differently so this does not happen, possibly even name it something else would be beneficial too. A new Logo for visual differentiation would be needed.

No. It can't have the same signature as the official apk, as our certificate is (obviously) not public.
He's indeed VERY encouraged to rebrand completely, though, for clarity, trademark, ... Forks not rebranding are VERY confusing for everyone.
Signature and Name has changed at least, this was just posted to me.....
https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/re...Tek_mod_v7

(2016-01-15, 11:21)mr.Gru Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 11:08)HCarvalho Wrote: Where can I download the firmware upgrade so I can update my wetek using a pen drive instead of a micro sd card?
http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...ta-updates
Download ES File Explorer and install, then download this .apk (and unzip) and save to a usb drive. Install .apk using ES File Explorer from udisk.

https://mega.nz/#!M4whAY6K!LUr_bsPQH_Ltu...uVHuAaPBD8

No SD cards will then be needed for an OTA Firmware update from that point onwards.

(2016-01-15, 11:17)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 11:09)noggin Wrote:

Just update and test problematic DVD .ISO and see what happens. Don't change any settings, it should be all automatic.

@ fritsch, currently working on Jarvis and now a H265 Kernel issue Sad

Tried on two 576/50i (aka 576i25) DVD ISOs mastered from native interlaced content (both commercial discs of music concerts). Both had motion judder. Not continuous judder, but freeze-type stutter every so often (enough to be unwatchable), and the deinterlacing+scaling looked lousy (very jagged on verticals).
Hmmm,
Noggin, can you try and go into OSD Video settings while DVD ISO is playing and disable de-interlacing completely and save as default ?

Are you getting ff-mpeg2 decoding of these DVD ?

(2016-01-15, 13:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Hmmm,
Noggin, can you try and go into OSD Video settings while DVD ISO is playing and disable de-interlacing completely and save as default ?

Are you getting ff-mpeg2 decoding of these DVD ?

Checked.

When playing a 576/50i DVD ISO I get dc:ff-mpeg2video.

When I disable deinterlacing on native interlaced content I get what looks like full intra-frame combing, but no motion judder (but obviously terrible picture quality) - though with some semblance of 50Hz motion (It's like a worse version of the old deinterlacing bug the Pi had on MMAL advanced). With deinterlacing in Auto, I get the motion judder I mentioned above sporadically. It doesn't appear to be regular.

When I watch native 25p content I don't get motion judder in either mode (and obviously no combing as there is no intra-frame motion on properly transferred 25p content) but with Auto deinterlacing enabled (or forced On) it appears to be far worse in lip-sync terms.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4