• 5(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-10-15, 21:25)SilverBlade Wrote: Read through the thread...

If it doesn't bitstream both DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, it's a failure. Simply, a failure, and doesn't distinguishes itself from the other 5000+ cheap android boxes out there..
Welcome Troll....can smell you from a mile away.
Ha ha, you must have lost your glasses in the mud under the bridge...

Tell me what other of the 5000+ cheap Android Boxes coming out of Asia are Google Certified device's (WIDEWINE LEVEL 1) and allow you to play DRM streams in 1080p HD ?
Absolutely none of them.

Do even devices from the big guns like the Google Nexus, FireTV's or even the Shield do 23.976/59.94Hz video output or even DTS-HD or Dolby True HD pass through yet ?

(2015-10-16, 01:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Do even devices from the big guns like the Google Nexus, FireTV's or even the Shield do 23.976/59.94Hz video output or even DTS-HD or Dolby True HD pass through yet ?

Wait a minute. I'm with you on most of that, but the Shield does output 23.976 (don't know about 59.94, and don't personally care as it doesn't apply for me) and does pass-through DTS-HD and TrueHD (just not in Kodi yet, waiting on implementation on Kodi's side).

Now, could there be better frame rate implementation on the Shield, probably. But that's a different story.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ahhh, so an update has finally given the Shield 23.976 video output ?
Is Dynamic Refresh Rate switching working properly yet ?
But I would have thought 23.976 and 59.94 go hand in hand don't they, if you can output one you can certainly output the other ?

Yeah, that update came out a couple of weeks ago (plus another to fix the color spacing they broke Wink )

Like I said though, I don't have any real need for 59.94 so I can't tell you.

My only point was that you can't lump the SATV in with the rest. Besides that, the SATV will get a "M" update before the end of the year which will bring more standard features to it (which in my opinion is always better then when they have to be hacked in).

Also, just FYI, the Core 4K won't be released this month according to this: http://core.wetek.com/
looks like it's to be released the 1st of Nov. Wink Or that's how long you have to get a discount....a little confused by there countdown clock.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
nVIDIA SATV can now output 23.976Hz for 1080p/2160p and 59.94Hz for 1080p. Dynamic refresh rate seems to be working for many. I am using a nightly build of Kodi 16.0 and haven't had much luck getting it to work. It may also be complicated by the fact that I have to put in a splitter to get 1080p resolution on my Samsung UHD TV. Koying has mentioned that refresh rate switching has been fixed in 15.2 rc3.

Yesterday, I did mention that SATV has 23.976Hz mode Smile
(2015-10-16, 02:01)Tinwarble Wrote: looks like it's to be released the 1st of Nov. Wink
It was 1st of Nov from the get go Wink
Yes that date now makes sense when you look at that countdown clock WeTek have going on that link.
http://core.wetek.com

Agree the SATV cannot be thrown in with the rest. Firmware support and working closely with the Kodi devs should produce great results.
They should be a Kodi Sponsor, or would that upset Google considering Android TV OS runs on the Shield ?

(2015-10-16, 02:03)wesk05 Wrote: It was 1st of Nov from the get go Wink

Yeah, I was sort of responding to this (different thread). Laugh

(2015-10-15, 13:57)wrxtasy Wrote: The WeTek Core is not on sale yet, mine is a pre release bug busting sample test box.
I believe on sale around the end of the month. I will bump the WeTek Core thread when I know more.

As for 23.976 on the SATV, it's always worked for me, however, any time first launched Kodi I would have to start a video then stop it before it would kick in. One of the Jarvis nightlies seemed to fix this, then I updated to a newer version and it started the same thing again.
(2015-10-16, 02:12)wrxtasy Wrote: They should be a Kodi Sponsor, or would that upset Google considering Android TV OS runs on the Shield ?

They are (not looked at the sponsor list lately have you). http://kodi.tv/xbmc-sponsor-page/
Must have missed it and did look lately. (wrxtasy retrieves his glassesWink )
Good News indeed.

Regarding refresh rate switching on satv/nexus, for internal reasons, the fix is in 15.2rc3 but not yet in master.
Aml is (currently) using a different path, so is unaffected.
Review by Roberto Jorge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXr0RaoO-uQ
I will edit the Review into the first post. Smile

One thing I would like to add, that Roberto did not like and is shown in the video:
(This really applies to all Air Mice and onscreen keyboards)

The reason the air mouse is disabled (which I prefer), when entering text on the onscreen keyboard is because unless you turn the sensitivity of the air mouse down quite a bit. It is actually harder, takes longer and is more inaccurate than using the directional keypad on the remote control. Especially when sitting 10 feet away on the couch.

Price?
Comparison to MINIX Neo X-8 Plus? [Same chip. This has Android Lollipop and better remote, but MINIX has 802.11ac WiFi.]
The big advantage the WeTek Core has over most other Kodi Android devices, is it is a Google Certified Widewine Level 1. That means you get full 1080p HD protected video streams from Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.

All these other Kodi Android Devices you see flooding the market, apart from FireTV's, Google Nexus and the nVIDIA Shield. Will only give you a max resolution of 720x480p video streaming content, this includes the MINIX AMLogic ones. This 1080p HD is a big deal for the WeTek Core, and a first for an AMLogic device. The bonus is you also get nice silky smooth HD Netflix video playback with 23.976fps video output. Smile

OpenELEC is the other one. WeTek are an OpenELEC sponsor. It very easy to boot into OpenELEC. Flash a microSDHC card and plug it in and power up. And its pretty much a bug free version as you would expect.
What I'm reading over in this link for getting OpenELEC on the MINIX, looks much more complicated. You may even need to reflash the internal NAND and wipe the Android OS:
http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openel...plus.3342/

If what I read is correct both these devices have a WiFi Broadcom AP6330 chip. It is possible the Core has 802.11ac as well. I will check with WeTek. Regardless the MINIX implementation will have better WiFi reception sensitivity due to the external antenna.

Price, I don't know. Somewhere around the 100 EURO if I were to guess, possibly cheaper.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4