• 7(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-10-19, 11:44)droidelec Wrote: Review in English by CNX-Software:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/10/19/r...dia-player
The problems the CNX Software reviewer is having with the remote control are conflicting Mouse and IR inputs sensed by Kodi.
This has nothing to do with RF Interferance.

All you simply have to do to fix this unwanted air mouse behavior:
Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Enable Mouse and Touchscreen Support > Disable

And then just use the remote control as you would normally. Smile

(2015-10-19, 12:43)francovilar Wrote: what Did you choose in Harmony setup? Flirc Kodi? Média center PC? With Flirc kodi the back button doesnt work in android also fast forward and rewind and power button...
Ha, ha. I knew this question was coming next.
From memory I used the Media Center PC one in the Harmony online software.

BUT, and now this is very important, you must assign a Unique command to EVERY button (leave out the power one) on the Harmony remote control, even if some of them do not make sense at this stage. Every button must be programmed and saved in the Harmony Software.

Then go to the Flirc App, and use the Full Keyboard setting. Now cross reference with these Kodi Keyboard Controls:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Program the Flirc App using the Kodi Keyboard Controls. You can use all the buttons on the Harmony Remote as each one has a unique IR command.
This is how to custom map the full Harmony remote to your liking, you get full Kodi keyboard control now from your Harmony remote. Out of the box it does not work properly until custom programmed.

(2015-10-19, 13:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-10-19, 12:43)francovilar Wrote: what Did you choose in Harmony setup? Flirc Kodi? Média center PC? With Flirc kodi the back button doesnt work in android also fast forward and rewind and power button...
Ha, ha. I knew this question was coming next.
From memory I used the Media Center PC one in the Harmony online software.

BUT, and now this is very important, you must assign a Unique command to EVERY button (leave out the power one) on the Harmony remote control, even if some of them do not make sense at this stage. Every button must be programmed and saved in the Harmony Software.

Then go to the Flirc App, and use the Full Keyboard setting. Now cross reference with these Kodi Keyboard Controls:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Program the Flirc App using the Kodi Keyboard Controls. You can use all the buttons on the Harmony Remote as each one has a unique IR command.
This is how to custom map the full Harmony remote to your liking, you get full Kodi keyboard control now from your Harmony remote. Out of the box it does not work properly until custom programmed.
Will try but I didn't understand the part to assign each button a different command. Is this the default key mapping? Or I have to change duplicates? Also the power button works? Thank you for your help!!!!
Edit: backspace works in android? I have a blutooth keyboard and pressing backspace didn't return to kodi. Sorry all the questions but I'm lost here
I know it does not make sense !
Each button on the Harmony has to have a unique command, you have to go further into the Harmony Software, not just use the default settings.
It does not matter which commands because you remap the Harmony Infra Red commands when the Flirc receives them, and these are then changed into Keyboard presses when you program Flirc using the App.

I've never used the power button.

(2015-10-19, 12:47)wrxtasy Wrote:

The problems the CNX Software reviewer is having with the remote control are conflicting Mouse and IR inputs sensed by Kodi.

Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Enable Mouse and Touchscreen Support > Disable

There are multiple problems with the remote. The one where IR and RF are activated at the same time is the one fixed by your method. This is reproducible 100% of the time, and not a big problem if you don't enable the mouse pointer in Kodi.

The other is intermittent, and when I press the arrow keys or OK, nothing happens, or only a few presses are detected.
I have not seen this other intermittent issue and I've been using the Core for a week now.
Is this in Kodi itself or when navigating the Android Lollipop interface ?

(2015-10-19, 16:00)cnxsoft Wrote:
(2015-10-19, 12:47)wrxtasy Wrote:

There are multiple problems with the remote. The one where IR and RF are activated at the same time is the one fixed by your method. This is reproducible 100% of the time, and not a big problem if you don't enable the mouse pointer in Kodi.

The other is intermittent, and when I press the arrow keys or OK, nothing happens, or only a few presses are detected.

Hi cnxsoft,

Only one IR button on WeTek Core is Power button (to be able to wake up device when it is completely switched off, u-boot is able to read IR signal and not the one from USB RF part, so for that reason we keep power button for IR). You can test this of course simply by pointing Core RCU to Phone camera and by pressing Power button and other buttons, so you will clearly see that Power button is the one which send IR signal, while all others are transmitting over RF.

Once when mouse mode is enabled, it is considered that you will use click button for actions (Click is actually Mouse icon) and motion sensor to navigate.
(2015-10-19, 11:58)wrxtasy Wrote: @ pedrocalima,

I have a very similar setup:

Roof Antenna > PlayTV > C1+ (+ HDD) = TvHeadend Server > mpeg2 DVB-T > WeTek Core

All the S8xx series of AMLogic SoC's produce excellent Hardware deinterlacing for watching TV.
To achieve the same deinterlacing results on the RPi2 you have to run a development version of Kodi Jarvis and Overlock.
The trouble is this kills anything else you may want to do on the RPi2 at the same time as It runs out of grunt and slows down.

You will get great TV viewing results both in Android Kodi 15.2rc and OpenELEC using the TvHeadend client, no slowdowns either due to the Hardware deinterlacer on the WeTek Core.

I believe the nVIDIA Shield is using Bob deinterlacing, or blurry Bob as we call it. It nowhere near as good if that is the case. It may improve. I don't know.
Unsure as well about recording IPTV channels or Open Channels if thats what you mean.
These could possibly be setup to record using the TvHeadend server on the RPi2 if you attach a HDD. I record Broadcast TV with the TvHeadend server on the C1+

The cool thing when using Android Kodi, is you can set up Android Apps like Netflix, HBO Go etc as favourites inside Kodi Itself. And then selected say Netflix. Watch your stuff. Hit the Back button on the remote control and your back in Kodi if you want to watch TV or do anything else. It all works quickly and seamlessly for App < > Kodi switching and is a joy to use all on the one device with a single remote control. FLIRC and my Harmony remote also work straight out of the box.

Looks like we have pretty much the same requirements. Smile

Great! That is all I needed to know. Reassuring to have someone with basically the same setup telling me it works Smile

Really considering one of those when it comes out.

Thanks for the info!
(2015-10-19, 19:32)droidelec Wrote: Hi cnxsoft,

Only one IR button on WeTek Core is Power button (to be able to wake up device when it is completely switched off, u-boot is able to read IR signal and not the one from USB RF part, so for that reason we keep power button for IR). You can test this of course simply by pointing Core RCU to Phone camera and by pressing Power button and other buttons, so you will clearly see that Power button is the one which send IR signal, while all others are transmitting over RF.

Once when mouse mode is enabled, it is considered that you will use click button for actions (Click is actually Mouse icon) and motion sensor to navigate.

Thanks for the correction. I should have said when using arrows key (instead of IR), and air mouse mode (instead of RF) in my post above.
(2015-10-19, 16:26)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not seen this other intermittent issue and I've been using the Core for a week now.
Is this in Kodi itself or when navigating the Android Lollipop interface ?

It can happen anywhere, be it in Kodi, Android interface, or another app. But most of the time the remote works fine, it looks random.
Maybe it is then RF interference, I wonder if it a 2.4Ghz RF band WeTek are using for the remote control.
I might test by starting the microwave oven and playing around with the Core interface.

Maybe interference, but I think if he can check it more would be great.
I have this box here for testing for a few days and has being unusable, Im really struggling with this device

First the Ota update to wetek core 22.10.2015 is dead slow..i would say its necessary some 5 hours to finish the update (not update yet)
More recently the ethernet start to crash constantly with no reason and a reboot is required
Did a Factory reset, and leave it overnight to update...lets see tomorrow morning

Ps: i have to confess i hate the experience of constantly necessity to use the Air mouse in Google store and Netflix.

Update: Another box will be send by manufacturer, this seems one to be a testing sample.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

- Gotta agree with the dead slow OTA update - WeTek definitely need a faster update server.

- When the Ethernet crashed, was it after wakeup from standby mode ? I think I've seen that once.
I leave the device on 24/7 as its such a low power draw and never bother with this standby business, its more trouble than its worth IMHO.

- As for Netflix, the only time I use the Air Mouse Function is to pause playback and hit the (i) icons. The rest of the time its navigation with the circular keypad and using the back button to stop.

Yes Android TV OS is different from the regular Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the Core, the former being more remote control friendly it seems, but then you also have less Apps to choose from.
I hardly even spend time in the Google Store so never get too bothered.

I'm downloading the 22.10.15 OTA update as well. Lets see what that fixes.

Welcome to pre release testing. Bug busting before public release is a Very Good Idea
More Android media player companies should actually spend the time doing it, instead of rushing very buggy Alpha Firmware products to market to the detriment of the purchaser.

EDIT:
Just did an OTA update, about 1 hour to download. Update went smoothly BUT the Core now crashes after 1 minute on the LauncherWeTek screen, and continually tries to relaunch.....
Cleared the cache, stopped a few background Apps and now operations have resumed back to normal.
Ahhh the joys of being a tester. Wink

I will keep updated this post in next couple days or weeks

Wetek core 4K Bug fix request

Playback in Kodi 15.1

Theres some video artifacts while the box does the black screen/No image transition, example: in the auto refresh rate or when video starts/stops
Change audio track while video is playing freeze/crash the box or the playback is not longer possible
Change audio track while video is playing from DTS to Dolby D losses sound and Kodi settings are freeze.
Enable/disable passthrough while video is playing freeze/crash the box
Movie 300 don't even start and freeze/crash the box
Every Movie that is 3D (ISO or SBS/TB MKV) any attempt to play it in 2D will freeze/crash the box (Missing unsupported format feature)

Update: Looks like the Wetek 4K didnt like to be unplug from the power so many times, after the DTS register logo startup, it keeps stuck on black screen. it seems it offer is soul to the creator...

Update 2 Another box will be send by manufacturer, this one seems to be a testing sample.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4