• 8(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-10-23, 11:26)couto27 Wrote: I will keep updated this post in next couple days or weeks

Wetek core 4K Bug fix request

Playback in Kodi 15.1
Change audio track while video is playing freeze/crash the box or the playback is not longer possible
Enable/disable passthrough while video is playing freeze/crash the box
Movie 300 don't even start and freeze/crash the box
Erm, it might pay to update to Kodi 15.2 final first (with all its bug fixes) before posting a bunch of bugs that are possibly Kodi only related anyway. Wink

Very vague stuff like this:
Quote: Movie 300 don't even start and freeze/crash the box
is like saying the dog ate my homework !

@ wrxtasy

Im reporting and updating the bugs in # post 105

If you want i can open another topic, because the way this firmware is performing i would not recommend this box to purchase to any one at is current state.
This is Beta testing BOX not available to purchase.
The Wetek Core 4K was unexpected offered to me by the manufacturer , all i can offer at this point is my retribution reporting serious bugs that need to be address, and playback is being one of them.

Update: Another box will be send by manufacturer, this one seems to be a testing sample.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Have you at least updated to Kodi 15.2 yet ?
Login to the Google Store and hit Update.

Have you updated the Firmware yet ?

I don't have any 3D movies to test, but I have seen 3D error messages on a S805 AMLogic in OpenELEC. Turns out 3D was not enabled in the Linux config file before compiling of the Kernel took place.
I wonder if WeTek have forgotten this as well ?

- Auto refresh rate switching and the sometimes pink color you see is normal on AMLogic devices.
In fact I see it on all my devices that Auto Refresh rate switch.
(2015-10-23, 11:26)couto27 Wrote: Update: Looks like the Wetek 4K didnt like to be unplug from the power so many times, after the DTS register logo startup, it keeps stuck on black screen. it seems it offer is soul to the creator...
If you have just updated the Firmware, wait for a bit. Mine did some sort of App Optimisation that took about 5 minutes, a popup will appear.
I'm not the familiar with Android, or what this App Optimisation is all about ?

Hi couto27,

Thanks for reports. Please contact us back by email so we can exchange your unit, as many bugs you described here are related to Hardware, so probably you got testing sample with some HW related issue.

Thanks
The box firmware is corrupt it, android won't start.. i will try to manually update/re-flash the box using the plastic tool.
Theres any available firmware to download somewhere?
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Hi, I'm really interested in purchasing a couple of these to replace an AFTV and Raspberry Pi2. My question if anyone can help is with the RCU controller, are the controllers encoded to each device? Would two units close to each other, cause a problem with regards trying to controlling the devices.

Thx.
You're post just reminded me to test for RF interference...

(2015-10-20, 06:36)wrxtasy Wrote: Maybe it is then RF interference, I wonder if it a 2.4Ghz RF band WeTek are using for the remote control.
I might test by starting the microwave oven and playing around with the Core interface.

Happy to say not lags slowdowns or any other issues with the remote control with a nearby Microwave oven operating that uses a 2.45Ghz wavelength. 2.4Ghz WiFi dongles are notoriously affected by this sort of RF interference.

NOTICE For Kodi v16 "Jarvis"

Android Surface Rendering

Today we merged a change for Android which makes it possible for the GUI to be displayed at 1080p and the video playback at 4K. We now use the "android surface rendering" which is a default implementation of the Android system.
What this does is grant the ability for the device to render the Kodi GUI at say 1080p but actually do video playback at 4K.

This doesn't apply to amlogic devices with proper permissions, which will still use amcodec.

Any build from 24th October will have this change and should make any device that uses the proper implementation of the Android API.
Should you be able please test out these builds. Be warned that this is based on Kodi v16 and these are still devs builds and caution should be taken.

Disclaimer:
As we just implemented this change there could still be some minors bugs that could pop up with the variety of devices that will be solved during coming weeks.
In case you have a problem with video playback please provide proper debuglogs and information. Failing to do so the problem will be ignored.

Any device that is not able to do "android surface rendering" has not implemented the standard Android MediaCodec API the proper way. If this is the case please go ask your device manufacturer to do a proper job and release a fixed FW version. We as Team Kodi are not responsible for broken or bad firmware by device manufacturers. We will no longer implement any hacks or workarounds.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nice work indeed for 4K Kodi Android users that have 4K (4096×2160) limited to 24Hz due to a HDMI 1.4 limitation.

I take it Ultra HD (3840×2160) @ 24/25/30Hz would also playback correctly ?

So .....
- a fast fluid 1080p 60Hz Kodi GUI, then 4K/2K - 23.976fps movies will Autoswitch the TV to 24p for 4K/2K playback.
Smile

WeTek Core Beta - Bugs Reports section of their Forum opened last week.
I suggest any other tester ask for access from WeTek and file detailed bug reports there for prompt WeTek developer attention.

(2015-09-19, 20:13)wesk05 Wrote: Amlogic S812-H natively cannot bitstream/decode DTS-HD Master Audio or High Resolution Audio. It is a licensing restriction. According to Minix/Amlogic, the SoC can support multichannel PCM (only 6 channels), but it has been disabled by Amlogic (? licensing restrictions). Kodi may support HD audio passthrough on WeTek Core if they have done something like VidOn. This is something that WeTek has to clarify.

This is a bit off topic, but does someone know where to find proper sample test files for DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD ??

I have an Amlogic S812 box, and I was quite convinced it does support HD audio, but this thread makes me doubtful....
Wesk05 is correct.

Please read Carousel's post here as well.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2139906

(2015-10-28, 09:32)pbureau Wrote: This is a bit off topic, but does someone know where to find proper sample test files for DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD ??

http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hey all,

anybody has any news if they are still on track for 1st november release? Still nothing on website, twitter, fb, etc.

Waiting on this (and a QNAP HS-251+ backend) to replace my ESXi server that is currently doing my HTPC package at home.

Can't wait!
I am considering this device for a 2nd "HTPC" to primarily run Kodi. On my main HTPC I use an app called "Air Keyboard" which runs on my iPhone and I have installed on the Windows 7 HTPC. It's nice because as long as they are on the same network, I can use my iPhone/iPad for the keyboard for the HTPC upstairs. The app also supports having more than one PC...as long as it's running the Air Keyboard app.

Air Keyboard does have an Android version. Will this work on the WeTek Core? Will it work on the OpenElec version?

Here is a link to the app: http://www.airkeyboardapp.com/downloads

Thanks!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4