• 11(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Now with Dolby licence.... interesting!!!
Ok.Let me ask again.This is the file i want to play:

Name:..............................3D.half.OU.BDRip.1080p.x264.DTS.mkv

Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 11.6 GiB
Duration : 1h 41mn
Overall bit rate : 16.3 Mbps
Movie name : ..................................... 3D
Encoded date : UTC 2015-04-24 00:16:45
Writing application : mkvmerge v7.8.0 ('River Man') 64bit built on Mar 27 2015 16:31:37
Writing library : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2

DATE_ENCODED : 2015-04-23
DURATION : 01:40:55.007000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : 1530
NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 19856421
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP : mkvmerge v7.8.0 ('River Man') 64bit built on Mar 27 2015 16:31:37
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC : 2015-04-24 00:16:45
_STATISTICS_TAGS : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
MultiView_Count : 2
MultiView_Layout : Top-Bottom (left eye first)
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 41mn
Bit rate : 13.8 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.278
Stream size : 9.86 GiB (85%)
Title : BDRip
Writing library : x264 core 138 r2358 9e941d1
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=9 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=15.5 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=40000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / frame-packing=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.70
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
DURATION : 01:41:59.781000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : 146728
NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 10772074198
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP : mkvmerge v7.8.0 ('River Man') 64bit built on Mar 27 2015 16:31:37
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC : 2015-04-24 00:16:45
_STATISTICS_TAGS : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Will i be able to play this on the device?Most of the movies will be something like this.Sorry,but i am not familiar with most of info.
(2015-11-05, 14:19)bore Wrote: Hi,and greetings from Bulgaria.I am interested in buying WeTek Core.I will play 95% of the time mkv files h.264 or h.265.Also 3D mvk files.I have old home cinema Sony DAV-DZ260 with only optical in,so my only interest is DD 5.1 and DTS.Will this product play dts and DD 5.1 from optical out?
My tv-Panasonik AX-750,so 4k playback will be fine to have

I'd like to know this too. Will be purchasing the great and cheap new Epson TW5210/5300 3D capable projector for around €700 and realised my old Arctic MC001 (Atom Dualcore D525) running Openelec Kodi likely won't be able to play 3D content. I then remembered hearing about this cheap and powerful WeTek box here a few weeks ago. Still going to be about €120 yes? Is it on sale yet?

I've no need for Netflix nor the HD audio formats and am perfectly happy with vanilla DD/DTS 5.1

Is the WeTek core the Kodi box for me?
From what ive seen in beta forum the Manufacturer dont have intentions to release a pre-baked firmware in the wetek core 4K.

Unfortunalty on the last minute a bug was found that would corrupt the HDCP keys if the power cord was pulled off several times. The corruption would prevent the box to start up again, and it would be necessary to request RMA.

A fix is on the works and it will be release on the next firmware to prevent the HDCP keys get corrupt, still is was advisable not to pull the power cord in any device.

Its impossible for the Manufacturer to test every single hardware out there, but from what ive being testing the wetek overall has nothing to do with chineses box at their usual release.

The wetek firmware is stable has minor bugs mostly related to Kodi, but i cant assure 100% what they are because my present wetek dont have HDCP keys and they are running a special firmware, that gave mix results with and without the keys.

Anyone looking for this device and dont care for HD áudio most likelly will be happy with the purchase..

If the Nvidia shield is my first choice probably the wetek 4K would be the second.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2015-11-07, 17:02)couto27 Wrote: Unfortunalty on the last minute a bug was found that would corrupt the HDCP keys if the power cord was pulled off several times. The corruption would prevent the box to start up again, and it would be necessary to request RMA.

Ah, so THAT''s why I cannot boot the test device anymore...
I reported the issue 2 weeks ago, but it didn't rang a bell at Wetek back then...
Useful link - Koying's simple explanation of all things 3D:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2126730

From what I have tested so far on this 8-bit player using Android Lollipop / Kodi 15.2
8-bit H265/H264/AVC video plays fine in .mkv's.
As do the usual codecs wmv3, mpeg4, flv + more.
The 3D HSBS videos I have play both in 3D and in 2D as well(.mkv files)

I'm currently downloading a HOU (bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_stereo_abl - Top / Bottom) sample to test. I'm pretty certain this will play fine as well, just like it does on other AMLogic S812-H devices.
http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html
EDIT, yes confirmed HOU playback OK.

And I've yet to find my missing Optical cable to test for 5.1 Audio out. (I suspect it will be Ok too, its standard stuff.)
Read here for detailed audio testing:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/10/19/r...dia-player

3D MVC from ISO Bluray rip's or .mkv's will not work, nor will Frame-Packed output. You need to get a RPi2.
Other limitations are on Page# 1 - ie. mpeg2 content in .vob files stutters.

The WeTek core is running the same AMLogic / Linux - Frame Rate Automation Kernel as my C1+ and gives you all the properly synced 24p/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60Hz video output modes and well as dynamic refresh rate switching.

I too have lost my HDCP keys, and I was being extra carefull with no power plug pulling. An error was found in U-boot that lead to corrupt HDCP keys, and has been now fixed I've been told. Thats what pre-release testing is for folks.

@ Koying > ask for WeTek Beta forum access from Droidelec, I posted the recovery steps on there and got couto's Core test boxes unbricked. We could use your help with the problematic mpeg2 .vob playback issues if possible ?
(Although I suspect AMLogic will have to fix this as all S8xx platforms are affected)

(2015-09-15, 07:11)wrxtasy Wrote: [*]Netflix in 1080p HD with 23.976fps video output. TV Switches to 24p mode as soon as Netflix is launched.

There are Netflix videos at 29.9 and 25 fps, what happens then?, are they played at 24?
You can easily turn off the Automatic 24p Refresh Rate switcher function for Netflix with a newly developed custom Refresh Rate Switcher app WeTek have for the Core.
In fact all Apps can now be user chosen to auto switch to 24p if needed before starting.
Works well and is very easy to use. Smile

Note: the text below is incorrect and will be changed to:
Quote:Applications highlighted in Blue will automatically switch a TV into 24p movie mode when the Application is started.

Welcome guys, I signed up here as well.

I can confirm that the problem that uboot was corrupting hdcp keys has been fixed (koying I've just mailed you a zip file with a rom without hdcp, you can flash it copying the recovery.img from that zip and the zip itself to a microsd card and booting pressing the pinhole, then choosing apply update from -> sd -> zip and doing a factory reset before rebooting).

The newer builds should also include all the apps I did for WeTek, like the new launcher, the new WeUpdate that is not slow as **** like the stock Amlogic upgrader app (I had put that app there temporary because I knew was crappy but I also knew I was going to code a brand new one), the selector for which app enabling the 24p video mode.
The new setup wizard is already included if I'm not wrong (I saw the welcome screen on cnx's review).

Yesterday I completed a Tvheadend helper app that needs to be coupled with a flashable zip file that includes the drivers built from linux-media git few weeks ago and it requires root permissions because it has to load the required drivers for the plugged in tuner, you can flash supersu zip using cwm for the Core.

Android has nothing like udev to try to automatically load the required driver when you plug in something so I had to rely on parsing "modules.alias" to read the vip/pid and busybox's modprobe to load the driver.
That modprobe, though, fails to attach the frontend so it requires some user interaction to add the frontend kernel module to the app's settings (no manual insmodding though, once added the app will load it), it supports passing options by adding them to /system/etc/modprobe.conf (i had to add "options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1" to that file for the Nova-T Stick).
It's not rocket science and if you search on LinuxTV wiki (or just pay attention to the dump of dmesg.txt that I create on the sdcard when a frontend is not found you can see a "cannot find XXX_attach" and most of the time the driver is just "XXX").

You can enable automatic start at boot, enable oscam, enable acl or anonymous access... and there's an option that will hold a wakelock (preventing the device from going into standby) when tvh is running.
As stated in that option I strongly recommend keeping it turned on because the kernel doesn't take nicely that.
It also doesn't like the unplugging of some devices, even with the server turned off (that will also unload the loaded modules), it panics randomly. It happens with the dvb-usb-dib0700 based but not with the dvb-usb-af9015 one (I have these two dvb-t usb sticks at home and both work).
My suggestion is, anyway, to not unplug it from Android if the kernel driver had been previously loaded (like if tvheadend was running). Just reboot to recovery and unplug it from there Wink

Here you can see some screenshot of this new app: http://imgur.com/a/d7HOu

I work on Android roms since few years but I just recently started studying app development and those apps are my first creations so if there are any bugs or suggestions I will try to make things working right.
(2015-11-09, 09:39)ChristianTroy Wrote: Yesterday I completed a Tvheadend helper app that needs to be coupled with a flashable zip file that includes the drivers built from linux-media git few weeks ago and it requires root permissions because it has to load the required drivers for the plugged in tuner, you can flash supersu zip using cwm for the Core.
Just to avoid confusion CT, this TvHeadend GUI Helper App will be an Android one ?
It is the full monty TvHeadend server that will be running in Android ?
No OpenELEC or Linux images will have to be used at all, like you normally would have to with the regular TvHeadend backend / server ?

I use a dvb_usb_dib0700 on my C1+ as well.

I'm becoming increasingly impressed with every new App your plugging into the Core lately Smile

Yes, it's an Android NDK (so native) build of Tvheadend that I build since March I guess when I released CyanogenMod 11 for the original Play with the OpenELEC DVB drivers that are DVBAPI compliants so work with Tvh, while the original drivers are modified by Amlogic for working with their DTV Player app (don't ask me why they don't just make their middleware dvb libraries compliant, maybe to avoid using any tuner?).
The supplied Tvh is a recent build from master branch, it's from 20151029 so based on 4.1. You just need to set it up like in OE and connect to it using HTSP client on Kodi.

Oscam is also an Android NDK build I did with Smargo support since it's built with libusb, I don't know if smargo will work there (works for sure on the Play but it's running as root) because I don't run tvh or oscam with root permissions but using the app's one so maybe it might need to have write permissions on the smargo usbfs node once plugged in.
Not having any of them I can't try it, in case I could just add an option to run oscam as root.
(2015-11-09, 09:39)ChristianTroy Wrote: Welcome guys, I signed up here as well.

Welcome Christian Smile

Fully back in business thanks to your help.

Thanks
Koying, if I can ask do you or AMLogic know about the mpeg2 .vob stuttering playback issue with all AMLogic devices ?
Its been an issue for a pretty long time in Linux / OpenELEC and Android.

(2015-11-09, 12:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Koying, if I can ask do you or AMLogic know about the mpeg2 .vob stuttering playback issue with all AMLogic devices ?

Also with iso DVD? Haven't played one in a while...
Is the stuttering obvious or random?
(2015-11-09, 13:05)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 12:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Koying, if I can ask do you or AMLogic know about the mpeg2 .vob stuttering playback issue with all AMLogic devices ?

Also with iso DVD? Haven't played one in a while...
Is the stuttering obvious or random?

When I tried to play 576/50i ISOs or VIDEO_TS folders with .vobs in them on my ODroid C1 it was clear it wasn't deinterlacing at all - even though it would deinterlace similar 576/50i MPEG2 content in other wrappers - like .ts, .wtv or as a TV Headend live stream.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4