• 14(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I've seen in preview videos that this had the Android TV OS UI or Leanback Launcher. In recent videos it doesn't.

Is there any way of installing or enabling it so it acts like the Nexus Player does so there is no nav bar, no status bar and no need to have a mouse just in case?
Smile 
Surely our friends at Wetek take their time to launch the Core... It'll end up being a "Beast" ! Any updates guys?
(2015-11-12, 20:44)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: I've seen in preview videos that this had the Android TV OS UI or Leanback Launcher. In recent videos it doesn't.

Is there any way of installing or enabling it so it acts like the Nexus Player does so there is no nav bar, no status bar and no need to have a mouse just in case?

There will be an unofficial build supplied by me, but you will be bored of it pretty soon because Android TV has no apps.

(2015-11-13, 17:53)mat57400 Wrote: Surely our friends at Wetek take their time to launch the Core... It'll end up being a "Beast" ! Any updates guys?

No news I'm sorry, they just told me "very soon"
(2015-11-13, 23:07)ChristianTroy Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 20:44)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: I've seen in preview videos that this had the Android TV OS UI or Leanback Launcher. In recent videos it doesn't.

There will be an unofficial build supplied by me, but you will be bored of it pretty soon because Android TV has no apps.

(2015-11-13, 17:53)mat57400 Wrote: Surely our friends at Wetek take their time to launch the Core... It'll end up being a "Beast" ! Any updates guys?

(2015-11-14, 12:46)mat57400 Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 23:07)ChristianTroy Wrote: [quote='TheLegendOfMart' pid='2159008' dateline='1447353865']
I've seen in preview videos that this had the Android TV OS UI or Leanback Launcher. In recent videos it doesn't.

I know I've already ordered it and Wetek told me the same abiout 2 weeks ago so patience that's all
(2015-11-13, 23:07)ChristianTroy Wrote: There will be an unofficial build supplied by me, but you will be bored of it pretty soon because Android TV has no apps.

I don't mind. I only need Emby, Youtube and Twitch apps.

I nearly bought Nexus Player but I want something that has 4K HEVC support.

Who knows I may actually prefer the Wetek launcher.
In case you should be able to sideload the "leanback" apk, the provided youtube is the leanback one. Some apps are unique and detect what to launch at runtime (like Play Movies), but most of them are separate apps so you can just get them from sites like apkmirror and install them Wink

I have just finished another work: http://imgur.com/a/DpLkc
The server requires root permissions but on the Core it will run fine because I will sign the apk with system keys.

I was thinking about publishing it on Google Play, it would be my first time
(2015-11-14, 17:52)ChristianTroy Wrote: In case you should be able to sideload the "leanback" apk, the provided youtube is the leanback one. Some apps are unique and detect what to launch at runtime (like Play Movies), but most of them are separate apps so you can just get them from sites like apkmirror and install them Wink

I have just finished another work: http://imgur.com/a/DpLkc
The server requires root permissions but on the Core it will run fine because I will sign the apk with system keys.

I was thinking about publishing it on Google Play, it would be my first time

you think it's possible to create an application as hicontrol mirror/touch screen function? it's very useful to control the box when TV is .off
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
You should use miracast for that, or a vnc server if available.

If it'd be possible doing it, it's totally out of my league Wink

edit: you should be able to do that and even more with TeamViewer (that should be working, was working on the first Play should work here as well, never tried as I never got interestead in such things)
(2015-10-17, 03:22)wrxtasy Wrote: The big advantage the WeTek Core has over most other Kodi Android devices, is it is a Google Certified Widewine Level 1. That means you get full 1080p HD protected video streams from Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.

All these other Kodi Android Devices you see flooding the market, apart from FireTV's, Google Nexus and the nVIDIA Shield. Will only give you a max resolution of 720x480p video streaming content, this includes the MINIX AMLogic ones. This 1080p HD is a big deal for the WeTek Core, and a first for an AMLogic device. The bonus is you also get nice silky smooth HD Netflix video playback with 23.976fps video output. Smile

OpenELEC is the other one. WeTek are an OpenELEC sponsor. It very easy to boot into OpenELEC. Flash a microSDHC card and plug it in and power up. And its pretty much a bug free version as you would expect.
What I'm reading over in this link for getting OpenELEC on the MINIX, looks much more complicated. You may even need to reflash the internal NAND and wipe the Android OS:
http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openel...plus.3342/

If what I read is correct both these devices have a WiFi Broadcom AP6330 chip. It is possible the Core has 802.11ac as well. I will check with WeTek. Regardless the MINIX implementation will have better WiFi reception sensitivity due to the external antenna.

Price, I don't know. Somewhere around the 100 EURO if I were to guess, possibly cheaper.

Hello wrxtasy, this is Ken, greetings.
As far as I know, implementing Widevine Level 1 =/= Google certified.
Widevine is free to license DRM software from Google and it is not related to the Google certification program.
Also, Widevine Level 1 is only one of the prerequisites for enabling Netflix HD,
without the Netflix supplied, HD capable apk and the license key (which you could also find on the NVIDIA SATV),
it's still impossible to view Netflix HD, e.g. if you install the Netflix app from Play Store,
it should still be limited to 480p (1750kbps) max. only, even with the presence of Widevine Level 1 key.

Therefore I think the term "Google Certified Widewine Level 1" isn't correct and could be misleading.
There is another program regarding Widevine certification though, the CWIP program:
http://www.widevine.com/cwip/integrators.html

List of GMS supported devices should be viewed from:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...7131?hl=en

I believe Wetek Play is Google (GMS) certified, but not Wetek Core.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way the Wi-Fi chip inside the X8-H Plus is AP6335, which is capable of 1x1 ac,
faster than AP6330, but still not very fast comparing with the AP6356S which is 2x2 MIMO ac.
My 2 cents: what matters to the end user is binary: works / doesn't work.
On the Core it works Wink

And not only Netflix but 99% of the streaming app that enforce a more strictful DRM than L3 .
I see this question being asked often so hey ho I'm sorry for the repeating of it but as the website tick tock timer has done its thing where is the unit to buy and would it be available from other stockists as well, I'm from the UK.

Thanks Smile
(2015-11-16, 13:03)ChristianTroy Wrote: My 2 cents: what matters to the end user is binary: works / doesn't work.
On the Core it works Wink

And not only Netflix but 99% of the streaming app that enforce a more strictful DRM than L3 .

Though - I think the end user is also a little bit concerned that it will continue to work and is official, rather than a workaround or a hack that will stop, possibly soon after purchase.

Please note I am in no way suggesting that this is the case with the Wetek Core. Week appear to be one of the decent suppliers in the media player arena.
You can't fake Widevine L1 keys as they come straight from Google (Widevine it's theirs) servers and it's not easy for a company being certified for it.

@Vimes:
I think it's better if you ask it to the commercial department by email
Anyone knows if the core will be updated to Android M?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4