• 17(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
When oh when is the release date? I've returned my fire tv 2, and need a replacement. I want this box to be it. My wallet's burning though...
I have no news about the release date I'm sorry.
The shield TV is on sale this week. $150 with remote. If I don't hear any news about release date and price, I think my choice will be made. Too bad, I really wanted to support this box.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-w-remote/
According to Wetek on Facebook they are just waiting on a licence before they release the Core
Exactly. it's only paperwork, everything is ready Wink

And the very same reason why we can't say a specific date, because it doesn't depend on us.
(2015-09-19, 23:21)movie78 Wrote: I think it will be easy to just say no it doesn't support HD Audio.
No HD Audio
No 3D MKV or ISO support.
I'm OUT!!
Sorry if been answered before, does this device passthrough "basic" DD 5.1 sound from within Kodi? This is a deal breaker for me...
(2015-11-25, 14:56)mwake Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:21)movie78 Wrote: I think it will be easy to just say no it doesn't support HD Audio.
No HD Audio
I'm OUT!!
Sorry if been answered before, does this device passthrough "basic" DD 5.1 sound from within Kodi? This is a deal breaker for me...
Yes.
(2015-11-25, 15:48)lstar337 Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 14:56)mwake Wrote:
No HD Audio
I'm OUT!!
Yes.
This post has all the Audio info:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2158662

Question for WeTek, what extra functionality will the Dolby Licence give the Core (if any) in relation to:

- Kodi ?
- Netflix ?
- Android Apps like MX player ?

(2015-11-25, 17:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Question for WeTek, what extra functionality will the Dolby Licence give the Core (if any) in relation to:
- Kodi ?
- Netflix ?
- Android Apps like MX player ?
I understand this question was meant for WeTek, but I can confidently say that this will be their answer:
Kodi - nothing
Netflix - nothing
MX Player & probably other video players - if android audio setting is set to PCM and MX player is set to do H/W decoder, Dolby Digital audio can be decoded and output as stereo PCM.
Other online streaming services (HBO/Showtime/Hulu etc.) - nothing
Exactly what @wesk05 said, you only gain the licensed libraries that allow pcm decoding, basically what on the 8726MX could be achieved by using a modified .bin firmware and that can not be done anymore on s8 and s9
Quote:EDIT: 7.1 HD Audio passthrough is actively being worked by both AMLogic and WeTek. The AMLogic S812-H is certainly hardware capable I've been told. When this sees the light of day will be anyones guess.
If you have a NAS full of BluRay ISO Rips with HD Audio contained within, do not buy any AMLogic device. Get a 4K HEVC Intel Braswell device instead so you can passthrough 7.1 HD Audio to your AVR.
Hmm, isn't the last point contradictory with the first?!? If they fix the first point, isn't the last one going to be possible also?!

Guys, one last question, Wetek Core is superior to Wetek Play, right?
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
I have two doubts:

1. Does it play DVD files, such as VIDEO_TS folders or ISO equivalents? First post only refers to VOB files, which is not the same. I'm not referring to menu support (I asume it's not), but some players understand DVD structure and play largest movie. Also a VOB file may be multiangle, playing VOB directly reproduces all angles. My old WD TV Live has this support (even menus), so would be fine to still have some support for this.

2. To confirm HD audio support capabilities: is there's a way to output all HD audio formats as PCM 5.1? Answer #247 above says yes, but, does this mean, for example, that Dolby True HD 7.1 will output DD 5.1 or PCM 5.1 (using HDMI)? Or else only 2.0 will be output?

Also, related to this questions, is there any difference using OpenELEC?
Video showing the new launcher and instructions on how to use it at its full potential

@onesolo
it's at least 4x faster than the Play, it's another league, totally.

@txremix
I will inform about 1. and, about 2, I think that you might best luck with HD audio using MX player so Amlogic libs are being used, such libs are too high level for Kodi according to the last speech I had with koying.
(2015-11-24, 21:49)Milster Wrote: According to Wetek on Facebook they are just waiting on a licence before they release the Core

Hmmm, I'm not so sure... I get suspicious when a company doesn't even read their own forums. I made a thread on there a while ago but there has been 0 feedback.

I suppose their community manager needs a kick in the behind. The communication on their own website is also nonexistent. If this is any indication it doesn't bode well at all to be honest.
(2015-11-25, 08:50)ChristianTroy Wrote: Exactly. it's only paperwork, everything is ready Wink

And the very same reason why we can't say a specific date, because it doesn't depend on us.

feday, it's a free world so anyone can feel suspicious, etc. But it's a true story. That's what happens when you play by the rule, when you ship from China instead... you can do whatever you want I guess Smile
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4