• 23(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Hope you guys will be satisfied, I tried to do my best (but I know it's never enough)
I e-mailed WeTek (as instructed) to get Core before the 9th, but apparently they only had a few devices to give. So I guess I'll have to wait for the 9th and then make the order. By the way, how does the whole OpenELEC thing work with the Core? I have to have an mSD card to which I then transfer the WeTek Play OpenELEC SD Card disk image with the help of Win32DiskImager (as I'm using Windows 10), right? I'm assuming that OpenELEC does not come with Core.
From my very first post:
Quote:Boot into OpenELEC / Kodi Isengard 15.2 when you Click a micro SDHC card into it's slot and power up the device. Fast and works nicely indeed. Quality OpenELEC images are fast on AMLogic S8xx devices.
You do not use a WeTek Play OpenELEC image, but a WeTek Core one. This Core - Kodi Isengard 15.2 final image should appear on their forum if and when Codesnake , fires up the Compiler again. Wink Wink

OpenELEC images are written to the microSDHC card exactly the same way you would with a RPi2 or WeTek Play:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HOW-TO...Disk_Image

(2015-12-05, 13:57)wrxtasy Wrote: You do not use a WeTek Play OpenELEC image, but a WeTek Core one. This Core - Kodi Isengard 15.2 final image should appear on their forum if and when Codesnake , fires up the Compiler again.

Thanks for this. I was unsure about which image to use as in the OpenELEC download section there is no Core-specific image file. Hopefully one will become available by the time I get the Core (which hopefully arrives for Christmas if I order it next week).
There's an Android TV OS for core? At the first post says that youtube app is the android tv version, that means that I can install android tv apps?
There will be an unofficial build I will post on WeTek forum, but the base is > Android TV
(2015-12-05, 14:43)ChristianTroy Wrote: There will be an unofficial build I will post on WeTek forum, but the base is > Android TV
Ok. Só in that case I could use Netflix for Android TV and the World would be a better place Smile
(2015-12-05, 15:40)francovilar Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 14:43)ChristianTroy Wrote: There will be an unofficial build I will post on WeTek forum, but the base is > Android TV
Ok. Só in that case I could use Netflix for Android TV and the World would be a better place Smile

Indeed yes and I believe that the core is one of the very few models that is allowed Netflix hd. And the core will run it at true 23.976 fps hd which hardly any device will do. A quick question. I see it's being released on the 9th. Is that when Amazon etc will be stocking it, or will we have to wait much longer for that to happen?
No you can't, Netflix performs checks on their server for the Android TV app and refused access to those that are not allowed to use it (probably only real certified Android TV devices, spoofing doesn't help because probably the check is done on the Widevine key name)

@Gmjh afaik there should be a decent stock, tomorrow I should meet with some of the guys and will ask for it Wink Anyway I don't know about Amazon stock but just the official WeTek store
I think I've misunderstood you. The title of this thread is 24 hd Netflix and numerous other sources say that's what it offers. Are you saying otherwise? If Netflix for android tv is different from the standard Netflix app which also offers 24p Netflix, is there any advantage to it?
I was speaking about Netflix for Android TV sorry, I was meaning that you can't run it because they are limiting their Android TV app access to just some devices... don't ask my why, it makes little sense to me, as long as you pay the subscription they shouldn't care which device you are running...

edit: the android tv version has few goodies (that anyway would not work on the Core) like DD+ audio (that doesn't work with Amlogic's DD+ library) and 4k (that requires 10bit support so maybe only the S905 will be able to run it, and only if hooked to a 4k television maybe, looking at the decompiled code they do some checks on output resolution and other controls) and a UI studied for being used with a dpad, but regular Netflix is more stable imho and apart from pause and seek you can use the dpad there as well even if not at the same level as the "leanback" version.
Just be aware Android TV OS is limited to the devices at the bottom of this page:
https://www.android.com/tv/

Android TV OS has its own section on the Google Play Store for Android TV OS Apps only. The selection of Apps available is not at all as comprehensive as the regular Google Play Store.

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 is what runs on the Core and you get HD Netflix and other copy protected streaming apps due to the Widevine certification. These are regular Android Apps from the regular Google Play Store, numbering in the millions.

Yes and in case you can sideload "leanback" apps that don't do dirty things to avoid you from running them, as an example the supplied youtube is the one taken from android tv.
I just called netflix and asked them to release and app for Android thats remote friendly. The current behavior makes no sense, releasing the Android TV app for all devices makes no harm for them.
Exactly specially because it's not that you are going to use a different kind of subscription... that makes really no sense Wink
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4