• 24(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Ok good. I currently have the android tv version of Netflix as I have a nexus player. With the wetek core I'll get the standard Netflix hd app and full access to the play store apps. I can't say I'll miss android tv as it's so severely limited.
Yes, was a nice concept, I really loved it when they presented it but Google abandoned it and devs never took it too seriously, too bad.
But the good thing is that LP doesn't work bad with a remote, much better than earlier Android builds, only apps that use RecyclerView if not handled properly are not focusable (directly) with a remote if you don't use the airmouse to gain the initial focus.
(2015-12-05, 19:36)Gmjh Wrote: Ok good. I currently have the android tv version of Netflix as I have a nexus player. With the wetek core I'll get the standard Netflix hd app and full access to the play store apps. I can't say I'll miss android tv as it's so severely limited.

In my opinion this is a big minus against the android tv boxes such as nexus and even the nvidia shield. I think its much better to have the flexibility of a Wetek Core or Minix box and be able to install whatever android apps you want. Nod

+1 for the Wetek core that also offers Netflix HD for people that need it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Christian are you saying that I can browse with remote? When using netflix with play I had to use a mouse to select a episode. Using back button exits what I'm viewing and I can resume later, it's sort off a pause...
@Franco
if you pay attention you can browse the main list , so you can choose an episode to resume from the watched list or browse the main section, when you enter a new serie though you have to use the mouse/airmouse to select the episode.
That could be easily fixed by them in their app giving the proper focusability to the items (and maybe giving a better visual feedback on focused items, right now you barely see it's focused) but they have no interest in doing that as that is a touch app
(2015-12-05, 20:30)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 19:36)Gmjh Wrote: Ok good. I currently have the android tv version of Netflix as I have a nexus player. With the wetek core I'll get the standard Netflix hd app and full access to the play store apps. I can't say I'll miss android tv as it's so severely limited.

In my opinion this is a big minus against the android tv boxes such as nexus and even the nvidia shield. I think its much better to have the flexibility of a Wetek Core or Minix box and be able to install whatever android apps you want. Nod

+1 for the Wetek core that also offers Netflix HD for people that need it.

OTOH, the downside of the 'normal' Android Netflix HD app is that you don't get 5.1 audio.
Yes I think I remember seeing that too. Totally stupid. Im pleased I dont need/use Netflix in the first place because this nonsense would make me crazy... Angry
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Just got my invite to purchase the core, $106 US or $128 US with rushed shipping
Just ordered mine. €119.99 or €139.99 with express shipping.
I just ordered mine, using the free shipping. $148.20 CAD in case any on was interested.
Invite? I signed up for notifications, but was not aware of an invite process. I just checked and I have nothing in my email.

How do I get in on this?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
It shouldn't matter now as, in theory, they go on general sale on the 9th December. I have a feeling they won't though.
(2015-12-08, 02:15)Gmjh Wrote: I have a feeling they won't though.
Based on what?
Nothing but the fact that nothing is ever released on time ever. I hope I'm wrong though. ☺
Trying to order but something screwed with ordering..
I'm one of the lucky preorder invites (or unlucky in this case). Click on the link in the mail, input my code and ends up here: https://wetek.com/shop/wetek-core On that page I enter Quantity 1 and hit the button Add to Cart - The page reloads and at the top of the page I get a red ribbon and it says "Please select a product type!" So I go down and enter 2 in the box and the page reloads and at the top of the page I get a red ribbon and it says "Please select a product type!" Crap...
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4