• 26(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Do you test 5ghz 802.11AC?Works good?Is a airmouse inclusive or must i buy one
(2015-12-09, 19:41)wrxtasy Wrote: My Core says 802.11AC 2.4/5Ghz WiFi on the box. (see pic in first post)
I do not know why the WeTek Core website does not mention this, they need to clarify their specs.

99 EURO / $108 USD was cheaper than I was expecting too. Free standard shipping. Smile

99 euro? I see 119 euro at https://wetek.com/shop/wetek-core
(2015-12-09, 19:57)Kevinkuensken Wrote: Do you test 5ghz 802.11AC?Works good?
Is a airmouse inclusive or must i buy one

I really cannot comment as to the definition of "good" as my Apple Extreme Dual Band WiFi router is 1 foot away from the Core.
No idea what Ghz band it was using. I try and avoid 2.4Ghz devices as my microwave oven interferes with the 2.4Ghz signal when operating.
Had no issues streaming via WiFi being that close as you would expect.

As with any device using WiFi, if you have marginal signal strength in your house, the only real solution is a receiving device with an External Antenna for better reception sensitivity or a WiFi signal extender to boost your home WiFi network.

Yes a very accurate, responsive, Wireless AirMouse / Remote control is part of the package.

99 euro? The website says 119 and that's what I was charged. Plus 20 for express delivery. But considering it's going from Slovenia to the UK and is apparently arriving tomorrow that's pretty good value.
Taxes in the Eurozone makes up the pricing differential compared to the export pricing.

I see EUR 98.35. If I try to make a (test) purchase I see 'Standard Shipping (3-7 days) - Free', or Premium Shipping - €20.00

Maybe you purchase included Premium Shipping?

EDIT: When I selected country 'France', then 22% Tax was added - €21.64, making a total of 119.99 with free shipping.

Thats the difference.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Kind of annoying really as $108 is only £71 whereas 119 euros is £86.....But I kind of get used to everything costing way less in the USA for apparently no reason.
If you put Australia or USA into that pulldown box, the price is ex-tax EUR 98.35 / $108 USD.
No taxes have to be paid for export outside the EU.

(2015-12-09, 20:51)jmh2002 Wrote: I see EUR 98.35. If I try to make a (test) purchase I see 'Standard Shipping (3-7 days) - Free', or Premium Shipping - €20.00

Maybe you purchase included Premium Shipping?

EDIT: When I selected country 'France', then 22% Tax was added - €21.64 making a total of 119.99 with free shipping.

No it's 139 euro with express shipping
See my edit, the difference is because of the the tax to be paid (or not) depending on the shipping address.

As wrxtasy mentioned, if shipping is to an address outside the EU then this tax doesn't apply, but local taxes and/or duty may (or may not) apply in the country of delivery.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Yes in case you have to pay the customs and VAT like when you buy something from HK/CN and you have it shipped to Europe (I always payed lol, I might be unlucky)
Any way to Chromecast from Phone -> Wetek Core?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
Nope, it's an encrypted feature with keys stored in the bootloader that google uses only in its devices and maybe with some android tv certified units
The only reason I used Chromecast was when it was impossible to get the app for Android tv. Which was nearly all of them. Yes you can sideload them to the nexus player but every time there was an update you had to sideload it again. Now that the wetek core can have the app directly on it's system I can't see any need for me to ever use Chromecast.
Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole "Streaming-box game". I've been using Kodi on my laptop for over two years now but I want to get an device with the sole purpose of playing media files. I use both locally stored files (mostly MKVs in 720p or 1080p) and files I have to stream (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now). The locally stored files would either be accessed via a NAS or via my external harddrives. I might add LiveTV later on, but that's not something to bother now.

I own a 42" Pana plasma (42G20) and no audio system, i.e. I use the Pana's speakers. I don't plan on upgrading to a 4K-TV until my plasma breaks and I don't think I'm gonna buy an audio system anytime soon. With his in mind I've been looking for a player that let's me play my local files and supports the streaming services I've mentioned above. I first thought of the Roku, but I can't buy that in Germany and I'm not so sure about the device per se. Then I thought about the Fire TV, but since Kodi's not fully supported and I don't want to support Amazon's way of shutting out users not using their devices, I don't want that one either. This lead me to the Nvidia shield before I stumbled upon this thread.

Now based on the posts in this thread I think this box would be ideal for me. Android ensures compatibiliy with the streaming services I want to use and being able to run Kodi would be the cherry on top. Other than movies and TV series I'd watch NBA games, but I don't think that should be a problem, right?
With this in mind, I don't really need to bother myself with 10bit, 8bit, 3D, HD Audio and all that stuff, right? It might well be 4-5 years until I'm gonna buy a 4K TV and until then the WeTek Core should be great for my purposes, right?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4