• 36(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-11, 15:58)sky76 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 14:57)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes give up and don't buy Samsung TV's, looks like they do some processing of the input picture even if you turn everything off.
I swear by Sony TV's.

Last one please.
I have turned off the auto motion plus feature on my Samsung smart TV because I do not like the soap opera effect. Viewing TV, DVD, & Blu-Ray are fine, but when streaming movies through Kodi I am getting soap opera effect or isn't the soap opera effect. It is probably judder caused by the 3:2 pulldown?
Thanks
Yes turn all the Motion Plus features off, every Motion Feature off. All you want is Film mode or Cinema Smooth enabled only, for nicely synced 23.976 video playback.

Now turn this on and off in Kodi and look at the difference when playing 23.976fps movies.
Settings > Videos > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > Off

Judder, Soap Opera, see here:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/judder

Got my Core today.

I tried the Android OS (will be running OpenElec via Micro SD card) which was nice looking. I couldn't get Kodi to work though... I opened the app, it started to got ready for it's first use, the Kodi version picture came and then nothing... I tried to open it again but get a blank screen. Haven't tried it with a reboot though.

I did want to ask you about the Micro SD card I'm using. I have a class 10 Samsung EVO 32GB Micro SD card (grade 1, up to 48MB/s). Is this card enough to get the max speed out of OpenElec or should I use a class 10 Samsung PRO 32GB Micro SD card (grade 1, up to 90MB/s) which I planned on using for something else.
Hi Tigerman82,

Pins from MicroSD card should go up, so you insert card like that in MicroSD slot. If You get issue with Kodi, all what You need to do is just to stop Kodi and clean cache in Apps settings.

Both cards are perfect and will give you enough speed for great experience of OpenELEC at WeTek Core.
So, in theory, If I force Kodi to output every video at 24p without any frame rate switching will I be able to play files with VFR?
I use a Class 6 very old microSDHC card and have no problems with Speed in OpenELEC. Its all very quick. OE pretty much runs in memory exclusively anyway. You may see minor benefits if scraping a large Movie Library with a faster SD card, where a lot of Write operations are occurring. This does not happen often at all.

As for Kodi, try logging in to the Google Play Store and updating the App may help.

(2015-12-11, 16:35)HCarvalho Wrote: So, in theory, If I force Kodi to output every video at 24p without any frame rate switching will I be able to play files with VFR?
In Android Settings > Display > Screen resolution > to "Best Available" or 60Hz.
Then turn off the Refresh Rate switching in Kodi settings and play some 23.976 VFR H265 video and see what happens.
I doubt it will work, but you never know.

Please wrxtasy, do your best to launch final version of Openelec Isengard asap.
Regrettably, RC2 Isengard is not working properly. I can not download any addon (just Yahoo Weather) neither use NFS or Samba connections.
And since all my media is in my NAS, can not test almost anything because I can't reach it.

I will try Jarvis version tomorrow but it is not a real solution for me.
Thanks
After 3 hours of use I'm sorry to say that Openelec is a complete waste of time by now.

First tried Isengard RC2 version:
No connection with my NAS (NFS or SMB) or internet (cann't download any addon).

So tried Jarvis version:
Same problem again. No connection with my LAN or internet.

My first thought that it was a hardware problem and my ethernet port was broken. Next step to test it: Android.
Everything works well here. I can connect with my NAS (NFS) and download addons in Kodi. My Ethernet port works fine!

I think that the real problem is to try to configure an static IP in Openelec (as I did everytime I start it). I don't know why but connection goes crazy with this setup. But if I tried to use DHCP, sometimes works and sometimes not. Sometimes I receive an IP out of my LAN range, sometimes it seems ok but doesn't work...

I'm really worried about this. I need to know if this is a known issue or just a problem with my device (for sure it is not a problem of my home network because my Wetek Play works fine).
You say that Openelec works fine and can not understand it. Confused
I got the core because of its smooth 23.976 playback. So far I'm really pleased with that aspect. There are a few issues in general though.

1. The main one is that fast forwarding or rewinding on kodi produces horrendous interference blasts of noise and the picture flashing. This happens on the Google play store version, the wetek version and the Jarvis beta version. I have no idea what's causing it. I've tried the sound as pcm and hdmi and it makes no difference.

2. How do you make the core dlna compatible? My dlna apps such as bubbleupnp do not recognize it.

3. The voice search on YouTube doesn't work. It just goes straight to a voice search on Google.

The unit has also completely hung four times in four hours.
I'm hoping these are minor teething problems as I'm really sold on the smooth playback and full access to the play store.
Hi Gmjh

Can you please upload a video sample of point 1?

About two, what do you mean? The play has not a DLNA server included you should install a third party app from the Store or enable it in Kodi

Last point, that button is currently configured to execute the ASSIST action that calls Google Now
The one point I will say about any Networking is Static IP's should be set in the network router itself.

I have a Apple Extreme and assign an Static IP for nearly every device in the house. Configuration is done by entering the MAC address found on every Networked device and assigning an Static IP address to that. Never had one single problem this way. Nada none. OpenELEC works, the WeTek works. It all works, and assigns IP address quickly. Has done for years.

Every Networked device can then be set to grab its Router assigned Static IP by the normal DHCP method.

Look on the Settings > SysInfo page of Kodi for you MAC address for the Core.

@Gmjh > just use the user adjustable (in number of seconds) Kodi Skip function instead of FFWD and RWD. FFWD and RWD have never been that good in Kodi anyways and Skipping Forwards and Backwards is definitely the way to operate and navigate around any video playback.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps

(2015-12-11, 21:49)wrxtasy Wrote: @Gmjh > just use the user adjustable (in number of seconds) Kodi Skip function instead of FFWD and RWD. FFWD and RWD have never been that good in Kodi anyways and Skipping Forwards and Backwards is definitely the way to operate and navigate around any video playback.

I have the same problem and it also happens with the Kodi Skip function. In fact I don't use the FFWWD and RWD.

It's very annoying, because the image suffers of a horrendous kind of judder during 30 seconds or so. After that, it plays ok.
(2015-12-11, 21:25)ChristianTroy Wrote: Hi Gmjh

Can you please upload a video sample of point 1?

Here you have the video I recorded when I noticed this issue.

First plays fine, then I skip back 10 seconds and then you can see the "judder". It lasts for 30 seconds or so, although I didn't record all the sequence. In this video, the issue is not very clear, but I can assure you on the TV is very very clear and annoying.

Video not smooth
The obvious question, does this happen with all Video ?

I only tested h264 movies, 720 and 1080p, with DTS and AC3... I found the issue in all of them.

And I don't have this problem in other devices I own with Kodi.
(2015-12-11, 22:15)xasvi Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 21:49)wrxtasy Wrote: @Gmjh > just use the user adjustable (in number of seconds) Kodi Skip function instead of FFWD and RWD. FFWD and RWD have never been that good in Kodi anyways and Skipping Forwards and Backwards is definitely the way to operate and navigate around any video playback.

I have the same problem and it also happens with the Kodi Skip function. In fact I don't use the FFWWD and RWD.

It's very annoying, because the image suffers of a horrendous kind of judder during 30 seconds or so. After that, it plays ok.

Yes I have the same judder for thirty seconds too. I could upload a video of it but my description and yours should be enough? Mind you the normal playback quality is so wonderful on the core that I almost don't care. Not only is it glitch free it's far more vibrant and sharp than the nexus or any other player.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4