• 37(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-11, 21:25)ChristianTroy Wrote: Hi Gmjh

Can you please upload a video sample of point 1?

About two, what do you mean? The play has not a DLNA server included you should install a third party app from the Store or enable it in Kodi

Last point, that button is currently configured to execute the ASSIST action that calls Google Now

Point 1 is covered by a video from someone else. He's right that it doesn't show how awful it looks. It's unwatchable for thirty seconds or so if you use rewind or skip back.

Point two, I meant that I was hoping I could connect to the core as a dlna player in it's own right. By playing your media player via dlna. It's something the nexus player does via it's own internal player. But I'm not that bothered as I can use kodi for dlna as you say.

Point three, that's slightly disappointing. The only time I ever use voice search on the nexus player is for the YouTube app. If it only links to Google now I don't see the point of having it on YouTube.

In general though,I absolutely love this device.
(2015-12-11, 12:20)wrxtasy Wrote: If not done so already:

Kodi setup TIPS:- to get rid of the annoying conflicting Air Mouse when operating Kodi:
Settings > System > Input Devices > Enable Mouse and Touch Screen Support > Disable

24p and Auto Frame Rate Switch: (24p Cinema or Movie must be enabled on the TV as well - enable that only, nothing else)
(You may need to enable Expert Mode - on the bottom left)

Settings > Videos > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On start/stop
-Pause during refresh rate change > 1 or 2 seconds

Also disable the resource intensive and very annoying RSS News scroller on the main screen
(God I hate this default setting with a passion, especially on ARM devices- it should be Nuked!)
Settings > Appearance > Skin > Show RSS news feeds > disable

I've set these as my settings. But what's the advantage of the pause during refresh rate being set to 1 or 2 seconds? It doesn't seem to make any difference if it's set to 0 or to 2 seconds. Thanks.
Hello,
how can i find the wetek core in Windows?It is in the same Network but windows not find the wetek.
I've solved my problems with pvr simpleIPTV! I just had to disable amcodec acceleration (settings - video). I'm waiting for OE Jarvis final now Smile
Maybe this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204524 could help Christian Troy and the wetek team (they talk about a firmware problem)
i have a panasonic plasma and on some 8bit h265 videos there's some jitttering when the camera pans, i have 24p off in the tv, hdmi direct play on full range
(2015-12-12, 02:08)Kevinkuensken Wrote: Hello,
how can i find the wetek core in Windows?It is in the same Network but windows not find the wetek.
Have you downloaded a SAMBA (SMB) server Android App for the Core ?
There is no fileserver built into the Core Android OS that I know of, it is not like a network connected PC.

OpenELEC /Kodi has a SAMBA server built into its OS:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Sharin...m_OpenELEC

(2015-12-12, 03:16)HCarvalho Wrote: i have a panasonic plasma and on some 8bit h265 videos there's some jitttering when the camera pans, i have 24p off in the tv, hdmi direct play on full range
Solution already given....
Quote:24p and Auto Frame Rate Switch: (24p Cinema or Movie must be enabled ON the TV as well - enable that only, nothing else)
(You may need to enable Expert Mode - on the bottom left, in Kodi)

Settings > Videos > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On start/stop
-Pause during refresh rate change > 1 or 2 seconds

(2015-12-11, 16:16)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 15:58)sky76 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 14:57)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes give up and don't buy Samsung TV's, looks like they do some processing of the input picture even if you turn everything off.
I swear by Sony TV's.

Last one please.
I have turned off the auto motion plus feature on my Samsung smart TV because I do not like the soap opera effect. Viewing TV, DVD, & Blu-Ray are fine, but when streaming movies through Kodi I am getting soap opera effect or isn't the soap opera effect. It is probably judder caused by the 3:2 pulldown?
Thanks
Yes turn all the Motion Plus features off, every Motion Feature off. All you want is Film mode or Cinema Smooth enabled only, for nicely synced 23.976 video playback.

Now turn this on and off in Kodi and look at the difference when playing 23.976fps movies.
Settings > Videos > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > Off

Judder, Soap Opera, see here:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/judder

Hi I have been testing everything and yesterday I fed my Panasonic plasma with 24p sport stream. Then went to pic menu and found 24p smooth film mode. switched it on and was sure that its work, but...NO. Everything else is off only 24p smooth film is on and the judder it's still exists.Now I am confused and not sure that my tv is wrong. Also tried to play with all Kodi settings but couldn't got any better.
Scratching my head what is wrongHuh?
Thanks!
Are these specific video files, or everything you try ?

I have seen issues with another AMLogic platform that I compile OpenELEC distributions for, the C1+
Issues with HDMI cables with ARC or Ethernet channels in them causing HDMI EDID Checksum errors which then lead to further Kodi playback problems.

But as the WeTek Core comes with its own HDMI cable this would rule that problem out.
Are you using the supplied WeTek HDMI cable ?

(2015-12-11, 22:25)xasvi Wrote: First plays fine, then I skip back 10 seconds and then you can see the "judder". It lasts for 30 seconds or so, although I didn't record all the sequence. In this video, the issue is not very clear, but I can assure you on the TV is very very clear and annoying.

This is the in kernel thing for smooth 24p playback (CONFIG_AML_VOUT_FRAMERATE_AUTOMATION) that is assesting, if you disable it you don't get it but you don't get the smooth playback.
This doesn't happen with "4k player" or "Mx player" so I don't know why it happens with Kodi, I can only try to get in touch with Amlogic regarding this to see if they have any hint.
What's weird is that I cannot reproduce it every time, some times it just goes smooth immediately, other times it needs the "assesting" time, in such cases I also noticed that pausing the video gives you smooth a playback immediately.
@CT: remember this > http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/core-be...#post19020

Maybe some HDMI clocks fine tuning may need to happen. I know the HardKernel guys spent quite a bit of time fine tuning the AMLogic S805 for Frame Rate Automation. They had a lot of HDMI clock problems in the early days with the ODROID S805 C1.

(2015-12-12, 10:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Are these specific video files, or everything you try ?

I have seen issues with another AMLogic platform that I compile OpenELEC distributions for, the C1+
Issues with HDMI cables with ARC or Ethernet channels in them causing HDMI EDID Checksum errors which then lead to further Kodi playback problems.

But as the WeTek Core comes with its own HDMI cable this would rule that problem out.
Are you using the supplied WeTek HDMI cable ?

Hi Thnaks again. My plasma is 3 years old and hasnt got a lot of options to check but has 24p smooth film.
I dont use HDMI cable from my Core but that will be the first thing that I will do. I have been useing few different HDMI cabels but not the cores one. Hope that will help, but...
You don't use hdmi?
(2015-12-12, 10:51)wrxtasy Wrote: @CT: remember this

Yes I do but our kernel is more updated with much different upstream code (regarding that part of code) and, as I said, I haven't noticed it with Android apps.
(2015-12-12, 11:22)Gmjh Wrote: You don't use hdmi?

I Use HDMI cable but not the same which came with Wetek Core. I was told that original Core HDMI cable could solve the problem and when I finish work I will check.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4