• 46(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-17, 18:31)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 14:31)hdmkv Wrote: Re: the Harmony remote talk, I'd encourage WeTek to at least support Harmony One Ultimate/Smart via Bluetooth, and ideally by extending the functionality of the in-built IR via firmware for full functionality (so, Harmony 650, 700, etc. can also be used).

Please see my posts in the following threads regarding this subject:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251780
http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...s-keyboard

Basically no answer from Wetek on this subject which is very disappointing. Even if it's negative, at they can give an official answer like "sorry but we have no plans to support this in our firmware". (which for me and maybe others = I'm not buying your box)

Personally I think that 3rd party remote support should be built in, and the 'standard' for this these days seems to be via a logitech harmony profile.

However, in my opinion these type of media boxes really require a combination remote and keyboard combination to work well. We always see the answer 'oh just connect a full size keyboard' however for normal use this is overkill. Mostly we need to be able to type easily, but only short phrases for searches, be that in our kodi library, or inside android apps such as chrome or youtube.

I wish the manufacturers would realise this and provide an off the shelf solution, even if it's an optional more expensive remote.

On my side I chose to go with the Rii i13 remote as a compromise to a full harmony setup (which cost more than a Core or similar box...). This gives me wireless mouse for android, mini keyboard, plus IR learning remote for 8 devices. A good compromise I think for a lot of people that want to control a media box, their TV, and maybe a set top box or DVD player at a modest cost.

However, this wouldn't work with a Wetek Core (without adding a FLIRC) as they appear to offer no support at all for 3rd party IR devices.

It's a pity, and it needs to be considered as part of the overall cost of purchasing any of these devices.

We are so sorry for late answer. As WeTek Core have built-in IR sensor, basically You can configure any IR remote to work with it, but it is not so user friendly process, as You will need to edit /system/etc/remote.conf and to add correct IR code for your IR rcu.

Easiest is to open telnet session and to type this command:

cat /proc/kmsg

Then press any button on some other IR RCU which You would like to use with WeTek Core and you will see printout of code at console.

Anyway, people which need easy integration, programming and portability could always buy FLIRC USB, as it is recommended by many people at this forum.
(2015-12-17, 18:42)actpower Wrote: Well, then WHY don´t play smooth here?. If a Bluray Player play this file smooth with the SAME HDMI and Display?. I repeat, again.

What´s your config?
Just confirming, that the Core is directly connected to your TV or Projector and not going thru a HDMI switch ?
Something is interfering with correct HDMI detection.
Tried all HDMI ports on the TV ?

Thanks, but my request, which is echoed by many users here and on other forums is please build this feature into your firmware.

I'm not asking that you support my particular remote, but at least support a popular standard, which seems to be the logitech harmony.

If I understand correctly you can do this via your firmware, and by supplying a profile to logitech. Instead of asking users to buy yet again more hardware (a FLIRC) to support your device.

Better still, provide a remote (even as an optional extra at an additional cost) that includes a keyboard on the reverse side, since even a harmony setup doesn't solve that problem (hence my Rii i13 setup).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-12-17, 18:50)droidelec Wrote: Anyway, people which need easy integration, programming and portability could always buy FLIRC USB, as it is recommended by many people at this forum.

+1. The FLIRC has an harmony profile specifically for Kodi as well.
Yes, but a FLIRC is an additional cost to be added to the purchase price of the Wetek Core (and only works in Kodi i think, not globally in Android?).

If Wetek can add support directly to their firmware, this extra cost to the user (25% extra) would be avoided... (and hopefully add to Wetek sales too)

Ultimately we are all comparing different boxes here and their relevant advantages and disadvantages, and this is something missing from the Core, which costs the user quite a lot (relative to the cost of the box) to rectify.

It would be a very positive point if Wetek rectified this issue on their side. THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2015-12-17, 18:42)actpower Wrote: Well, then WHY don´t play smooth here?. If a Bluray Player play this file smooth with the SAME HDMI and Display?. I repeat, again.

What´s your config?
I just have the Core connected to a LG TV via HDMI. It plays fine and smooth. Nothing special about my setup.
The Core comes with a remote, moreover supports keys over CEC, if it had no remote at all I'd agree with you but that is a very personal user case scenario...
(2015-12-17, 19:09)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, but a FLIRC is an additional cost to be added to the purchase price of the Wetek Core (and only works in Kodi i think, not globally in Android?).
My FLIRC and Harmony combo works in every Kodi device in the house exactly the same. Android, OpenELEC, Linux. It does not matter. I program my FLIRC as a full Keyboard and then you get ultimate flexible control over Kodi.

Sorry to be a little bit gruff with you wrxtasy, because I respect and value all your support here, but I must reply "and..." to your last comment?

I think it would be valuable to both Wetek and users NOT to have to buy a FLIRC in the first place to support the most commonly used remote (in the world?). That is my point.

And I think that both you and hdmkv should add these points to your reviews of these boxes. Its an important and often missed feature when you try to integrate the box with rest of your lounge and av equipment, even if it's just a simple existing TV, AV and universal remote setup.

eg; as you see on every review by Roberto Jorge, the first thing he says is 'ok, included remote works fine but you really need a remote/air mouse/keyboard combo to fully realise the potential of these boxes.

Anyone who uses a similar media box quickly realises this.
Ok, I forced the WHOLE SYSTEM to 24P and THEN YES, It play smoothly. But I don´t want it, because not only play 23.976/24fps files but others.

I have reset the whole thing and the jumps still are there. Only dissapears if fore to 24P at system level.

I´m really tired...
Quote:Just confirming, that the Core is directly connected to your TV or Projector and not going thru a HDMI switch ?
Something is interfering with correct HDMI detection.
Tried all HDMI ports on the TV ?
And answers to these question briefly please ?

This could possibly work for you: (Note the Kodi GUI will be pretty slow, as you have probably found out)
Set the Android GUI to 60Hz or best resolution.
Automatic refresh rate On

Now find the Android Refresh Rate Switch App > and highlight Kodi
What this does is switch you TV to 24p movie Mode before Kodi starts.

Now in Kodi Settings > System > Video > Adjust Display Refresh rate > Start/Stop

With this setting you will be able to play other files not just 23.976fps ones.
Its a workaround but will work until a permanent solution is found.

Yes, I have connected directly to the TV. The same occurs. As I put in the last post, ONLY when I FORCE the Android system to 24P, Kodi play smooth the 23.976fps. Otherwise, it jumps.

A simply Bluray Player works nicely and perfect playing this stupid 23.976fps MP4. And this THING, with the same cables and display, NOT. So it´s NOT fault of the cable, or the splitter or the display. It´s the device.
Use those settings I just posted. It works as I've just tried it. ! The Kodi GUI is a bit slow.

Received the core today and i tested the sample, because of this "buzz" and i have to say... i dindn't see anything unusual

it's normal... normal...

And i didn't setup anything.
Made the wizard, updated the system and that's it...
I have the same problem as actpower.

Here is my yesterday Kodi's log:

http://pastebin.com/WgWwwdgh

The playing of the file starts at 19:30 or so.

Can anyone compare his log to mine or actpower's?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4