• 48(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-18, 13:25)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 12:24)wrxtasy Wrote: I thought the order was Kodi signals > TV refresh rate switch to 24p > Kernel with Frame Rate Automation > 24p Video playback (23Hz mode) ?

How else do you get your TV into 24p mode Automatically ?
The AML also switch to 24p, afaik.
That's how it works on U1, where security is not even enabled for kodi switching.
Yes I thought things were different on the U1, from previous posts you have made about it. There are two different menu's as well for Refresh Switching that I saw on that device that has me confused. Its a little bit different.

The confusing thing is, 23.976fps video playback works seamlessly in OpenELEC on the Core with Kodi Refresh Switching enabled and AML Frame Rate Automation doing its thing. Android Kodi, with settings exactly the same struggles and the Kernel gets confused and spits the dummy and then just does 24Hz.

Manually changing the TV to force 24p, before 23.976 playback starts and the Kernel then does its 23.976fps(23Hz) tricks and everything is fine.
Such as...
Code:
echo 1080p24  > /sys/class/display/mode

CT is on too this 24p playback sequencing issue, so we will see what happens for an internal patched test version of Android Kodi.

Well that was quicker than expected.... when a coupla fellas sit down to discuss a problem !

This is a 24p fix from Christian Troy the Android WeTek developer. It seems their very up to date AMLogic supplied Linux Kernel has a few different hooks for 1080p23Hz aka 24p playback mode. Their DTS/Dolby audio Licences are likely to have given WeTek a slightly different Android AMLogic Linux Kernel than other OEM's.

This specific hook is not in the correct order of the Kodi mainline code for 24p (Frame Rate Automation) to work on Android Kodi on the Core and hence a custom version was required.

To install:
  • Backup you Android Kodi data:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup
  • Remove the old Kodi installation > Android Settings > Apps > Kodi > uninstall
  • Download this Core custom version of Kodi 15.2 using a WebBrowser:
    WeTek Core 24p fixed Kodi 15.2
  • Using the Amaze file explorer App, navigate to the Downloads folder and install the downloaded .apk file.
And for those worried about Kodi GPL2 modified source code being published, here is the commit:
WeTek Core Kodi 23hz Commit
It really does not apply to other AMLogic S812 OEM's tho.

This is how a professional GPL2, software compliant company behaves.

W.

Will this fix be pulled to kodi github? I use kodi 16 beta, can you build a jarvis apk?
I think it's something that works only for the Core, it should be tested if it's something common to other S812 devices, otherwise I don't know how Kodi could detect the presence of the WeTek Core instead of another S812 device.
Does "1080p23hz" exists on non-patched platform, eg Minix X8H? If not, we can base decision on that...
I've only seen it on patched or bang up to date AML Linux Kernels from HardKernel and WeTek so far.
But then the C1+ from HardKernel is a S805 AML device anyway.

@Koying
this is straight from the latest LP 5.1 SDK dated May, any addition to it (maybe the other OEMs have not updated to that kernel?)

Also, it's not an exported resolution, but echoing that value will actually set it, you will have 1080p24 on the TV and in kmsg

Code:
<4>[  344.984863@3] tvmode set to 1080p23hz
<4>[  344.984880@3] mode is 21,sync_duration_den=1001,sync_duration_num=24000
<4>[  344.984884@3] TV mode 1080p23hz selected.
<4>[  344.984889@3] tvoutc_setmode[512]
<4>[  344.984892@3] tvoutc_setmode[523] mode is 21
<4>[  344.984893@3] vinfo mode is: 1080p23hz
<4>[  344.984895@3] new mode 1080p23hz set ok
<4>[  344.984901@3] hdmitx: video: get current mode: 1080p23hz
<4>[  344.984904@3] is_similar_hdmi_vic[326] vic_old=16,mode_new=21
<4>[  344.984908@3] hdmitx: video: get current mode: 1080p23hz
<4>[  344.984913@3] is_similar_hdmi_vic[326] vic_old=16,mode_new=21
(2015-12-18, 16:58)ChristianTroy Wrote: Also, it's not an exported resolution, but echoing that value will actually set it, you will have 1080p24 on the TV and in kmsg

Ah, damn. Would have been too easy.
Why does it ALWAYS have to be hacky with aml Wink

Can't you convince them to actually export the resolution? Then Kodi can stay generic...
I feel you, I really do Smile
I will try to see what we can do, I actually discovered this resolution "by accident", looking why setting 1080p24 before playing the file and disabling Kodi adjust refresh rate was working as both were using the same resolutions...
I noticed that internally I was getting "hdmitx: video: get current mode: 1080p24hz" when Kodi did the 24p switch, instead if the switch was done before it was reporting "hdmitx: video: get current mode: 1080p23hz", so I thought... let's try to echo this resolution, and it worked
Thanks Christian... this is really fast. Can't wait to try it later today. BTW, droidelec had mentioned MVC working, but it hasn't for me yet via Android OS or OpenELEC (NE0's Jarvis build). Just wondering if you guys have implemented Koying's MVC hack for AML yet?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Probably not an acceptable solution, but if you can't detect a Wetek Core vs. another S812 device, could you add a config somewhere (maybe placed innocuously in a settings file and not in the user interface) so that in Kodi an end user might be able to flag that they are using a Wetek Core such that it then trips the Core specific code - to keep it generic that is......
Installed the new Kodi and IT WORKS!. YAHOO!. No more drops!

Thanks Christian!
(2015-12-18, 17:33)actpower Wrote: Installed the new Kodi and IT WORKS!. YAHOO!. No more drops!

Thanks Christian!
+1 ... confirmed. Nice work! Just re-watched actpower's 4-min scrolling credits sample and a movie for about 3 mins. The main thing left to fix is the incorrect channel mapping for rears/sides, and missing center + LFE as I explained on previous page.

Edit: clarified the channel mapping issues.
My HT
Would you like a little extra juice to go with that fix Wink

then Click HERE

"WeTek Core Interactive Governor" ... LOL, hope it's as bad as "the Governor" from 'The Walking Dead'! Wink
My HT
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4